View Poll Results: what type is JK Rowling?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

6 15.38%
  • LII (INTj)

1 2.56%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

4 10.26%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 2.56%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

2 5.13%
  • LIE (ENTj)

5 12.82%
  • ESI (ISFj)

2 5.13%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

1 2.56%
  • LSE (ESTj)

1 2.56%
  • EII (INFj)

18 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: JK Rowling

Threaded View

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default J.K. Rowling

I've been reading interviews and lean Gamma NT, but what think you?

J.K. Rowling quotes:

It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default. ... It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

I think you're working and learning until you die.

Every now and then I read a poem that does touch something in me, but I never turn to poetry for solace or pleasure in the way that I throw myself into prose. ... And the idea of just wandering off to a cafe with a notebook and writing and seeing where that takes me for awhile is just bliss.

Secretly we're all a little more absurd than we make ourselves out to be.

Poverty entails fear and stress and sometimes depression. It meets a thousand petty humiliations and hardships. Climbing out of poverty by your own efforts that is something on which to pride yourself but poverty itself is romanticized by fools.

I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. ... Failure means a stripping away of the inessential.

Why do I talk about the benefits of failure? Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me.

We're a phenomenally snobby society, and it's such a rich seam. The middle class is so funny: it's the class I know best, and it's the class where you find the most pretension, so that's what makes the middle classes so funny.

I do get recognized, but I must say Edinburgh is a fantastic city to live if you're well-known. There is an innate respect for privacy in Edinburgh people, and I also think they're used to seeing me walking around, so I don't think I'm a very big deal.

I sometimes have a tendency to walk on the dark side.

Death obsesses me, yes it does. I can't really understand why it doesn't obsess everyone - I think it does really, I'm just a little more out about it. ... To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

There was a point where I really felt I had 'penniless divorcee lone parent' tattooed on my head. ... But I was the most unashamed lone parent you were ever going to meet.
    Last edited by silke; 10-08-2016 at 08:04 AM. Reason: updated links
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls