Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
I had a job before in which they decided to trade my main duties for programming instead. I hated it. There was only so many hours a day I could endure that mode of thinking before I'd probably go bananas just because it is so limited and leftbrained. I need wholebrained work. I did take an LSEs code before and condensed like 30+ lines into 4 but I'm not sure my efficiency would be rewarded in the long run as the code underwent future modifications. Most jobs honestly feel too stifling and if one wants me to be assertive and gung ho with data and charts and programming, that about takes the cake for SEI career suicide.

Most medical is not true SEI so doesn't count. I knew an ESE nurse for example who confessed he hated giving shots because he was naturally so squeamish but he just endures it through practice. Other types get to use their strengths without such massive concessions on a daily basis.

Oh

& caregivers in my state make about minimum wage. Not my cup of tea either.

My body is too sensitive to weather extremes and seasonal allergies for any outdoor work. Cleaning is mindless and disgusting. I hate cleaning after anyone.
Coding isn't just left-brained. Efficiency comes through seeing patterns and developing novel solutions. Coding uses just as much Te as it does Ne. If it didn't, then why would the hiring processes at places like Google or Amazon be so rigorous? It's because they need to see that you can think both linearly and nonlinearly.

Efficiency never goes unrewarded since that's the whole point of checking code. If you can solve a problem in 10 lines which takes another person 40 lines, then you won't be unrewarded for that unless the company is masochistic or unless your solution is far too narrow.

What about legal work? Is it to "left-brained"? Any lucrative career will require a substantiate amount of left-brainedness since otherwise it would be unreliable or unstructured. However, those same careers require nonlinear thinking and creativity since otherwise anyone would be able to do them.

Seems like you're against almost any job that pays well. I can only say that this is your own fault since you aren't willing to adapt to the market like others do.

I agree that SEIs have it rough compared to other types that find these careers more palatable but that doesn't excuse you from pulling yourself together and getting something done for the sake of money. It's something that everyone has to do.