My boyfriend recently moved to my hometown. We were together 6 months. Things were rocky, he always complained i wasn't 'there' emotionally. Towards the end of things, i was really pushing myself and we were making progress. However, he had to move back to his home thousands of miles away.

Now i'm faced with having to maintain a long-distance relationship with him over the internet and phone. I'm having a hard time with it because it seems so fake to me. I'm the kind of person that if i can't see it, touch it, taste it, feel it, it's not real. The day he left, i was heartbroken and we shared many intimate feelings but now, a few days later, it's almost as if i can't feel those feelings for him anymore! I'm afraid of forgetting him and what we had. I have all of his belongings but they're just things...I can't seem to connect with them in the way i should be able to. How can i go from crying my eyes out one day to feeling apathy about the whole situation the next ? God only knows how many times I broke up with him, i lost count. I dont know why he chose to stay with someone so unstable. I can't seem to make up my mind if i should move on or continue communication because my thoughts shift so many times during the day. I think of so many things. One day he is the love of my life, the next, nothing. Perhaps this is an ISTP thing? Who knows. I'm confused.