Paradoxically, perhaps, it seems to me that the types most likely to lie are those with as either a very weak or very strong function.

By "lying" I mean making a statement that you know to be untruthful, knowing - or expecting - that the other person will believe it. I don't mean the face-saving, socially-lubricating everyday bullshit, like "I got caught in the traffic" when you just overslept.

First, it seems that those with as PoLR - ENTps and ESTps - are most likely to tell lies because it will serve their purposes, or because they can't be bothered to tell the truth if telling a lie avoids complications for themselves - the "con man" kind of lies.

Second, those with as base or creative function - ISFjs, INFjs, ENFps and ESFps - are more likely to lie if it serves a "greater purpose" - not maliciously. For instance, they are the most likely types to tell lies of the "I didn't want to hurt him/her by telling the truth". The "you can't handle the truth" kind of lie. "What's the point of being honest if you hurt someone" etc.

What do you think? I don't mean this as type-bashing.