Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Enneagram types of forum members

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey Ezra, just wondering, do you find it easier to guess someone's E-type online rather than their socionics type? if so, what do you think is the reason for this?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experience, some people's types are simply a lot more apparent in one system than the other.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Now that's very wrong.
    Corrected on that basis. What have you typed yourself, if anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    First of all, why would I write a long response when I can say what I'm trying to say with a short one?
    I don't know. It seems completely illogical if you're a big fan of efficiency.

Sometimes I know that only 1 out of 10 people who read what I wrote are going to understand it. They're the ones who matter anyways (as evidenced by their understanding of it), and I see no reason to put forth the effort to explain the whole situation/context/meaning to the rest of the world. If anyone else wants to understand what I'm saying they'll ask. And if I feel like getting into it I will.
    So you're an elitist then? You deliberately prolong the length of your reasoning so that those who don't "deserve" to read it don't?

Thirdly, what does any of your comment have to do with my being 7 or 3 over 8?
    1. Sevens are members of the head triad, Eights are members of the gut triad.
    2. Sevens are impatient in their reasoning. Read Herzy's posts. There's maybe one or two posts where she really gets her head down and writes a huge explanation like you do. Then look at Fabio. Has he ever written paragraphs and paragraphs of theory?
    3. The similarities between me and you would obviously be about my being an Eight and your having an Eight wing - and, obviously, being a Seven - and the fact that I have more patience (and thus more perseverence/focus) would explain this distinction further.

I think that covers everything in my explanation. Plus, Joy, for the record, I think you're far more likely to be an Eight than a Three, so I've basically not justified Three at all. However, even you yourself see it as a possibility, and there isn't that much that contradicts Three in your behaviour, language and style.

Hmmm... maybe this is the reason why I tend to get along much better with those in my quadra than those not in my quadra? (More so than most people, that is.)
    Perhaps, but why would you not get along with, say, Alpha NTs (in a conversation, I mean, not in relationships - obviously you value the opposite thing)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    My "dependent style of thinking?" Fuck you, man!
    Sorry, man. I know it sounds harsh, but that's how I view it. Full respect to you though; it's not meant to offend, nor am I trying to condescend.

[quote]No but seriously, this "taking all advice" thing is just me being fed up with trying to figure out my own type. In fact it's a direct result of not taking enough advice.

Nonetheless I see merit in 7w6. It seems to make the most sense. Tanehem has a case for 3w4, but I think all of my behavior relative to 3 and 4 is extremely unhealthy, and my behavior is more typical of a 7w6, I think.
    I personally would agree; I think 7w6 is more likely than 3w4, based on my own observations of you and of your descriptions of yourself. I also view 7w6 as being closer to 6w7 than to 3w4, which is why I think it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    hey Ezra, just wondering, do you find it easier to guess someone's E-type online rather than their socionics type? if so, what do you think is the reason for this?
    My first thoughts were "yes" but then I'm also thinking "no". Yes, because I'm far more acquainted with the Enneagram than I am with socionics, and I feel I recognise types in others more than I do functions. No, because functions are far more easy to see externally than people's inner motivations for doing something (this is basically Enneagram territory). Without interviewing an individual offline, for a prolonged amount of time, it can be very difficult to explain someone's behaviour for certain. This is how mistypes occur; I see some behaviour in a person, I mistakenly attribute it to one type when it should really be attributed to another, based on the individual's hidden motivation for doing it. For example, if someone harps on about their image, I immediately see Three as a possibility. But what if their going on about their image is to maintain their mental and - to some extent - physical security? This is a Six issue, but because the motivation is unknown to me, I don't see it. And that's precisely the problem with typing online.

From my experience, some people's types are simply a lot more apparent in one system than the other.
    This I'd agree with.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I don't know. It seems completely illogical if you're a big fan of efficiency.
    Why? What purpose is there in explaining everything I say so that anyone in the world can understand it perfectly when it doesn't have anything to do with them? If the people who I want to understand it understand it, how am I being inefficient?

So you're an elitist then? You deliberately prolong the length of your reasoning so that those who don't "deserve" to read it don't?
    No. It's not about worthiness or deservedness. Some people just "get it" and some don't. It's about compatibility, not superiority. (Not to mention that different people can get different comments about different things, depending on the situation.)

Basically, this is a manifestation of Ti as a 7th function. (And no, I'm not suggesting that Ti manifests this way in all those who have it as their 7th function. Functions manifest different ways in different people of the same type.)

1. Sevens are members of the head triad, Eights are members of the gut triad.

2. Sevens are impatient in their reasoning. Read Herzy's posts. There's maybe one or two posts where she really gets her head down and writes a huge explanation like you do. Then look at Fabio. Has he ever written paragraphs and paragraphs of theory?
    Two things...

First of all, are you seriously suggesting that I am in any way similar to either of these posters? I don't think any of us would appreciate that suggestion.

Secondly, I could find at least 100 topics like this one that I posted in General in last year or so.

3. The similarities between me and you would obviously be about my being an Eight and your having an Eight wing - and, obviously, being a Seven - and the fact that I have more patience (and thus more perseverence/focus) would explain this distinction further.
    Someone's not an 8 unless they're just like you?

I think that covers everything in my explanation. Plus, Joy, for the record, I think you're far more likely to be an Eight than a Three, so I've basically not justified Three at all.
    Yes, I am. And I'm far more likely to be a 3 than a 7. Where does that leave your theory?

However, even you yourself see it as a possibility, and there isn't that much that contradicts Three in your behaviour, language and style.
    No... only my motivations, values, and thought processes. Not that things like that matter at all.

Perhaps, but why would you not get along with, say, Alpha NTs (in a conversation, I mean, not in relationships - obviously you value the opposite thing)?
    I'm not sure what this has to do with my enneagram type.
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, you win.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh?

You win as well, if you take into consideration the past half a dozen times we talked about my enneagram type and you asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them, and at the end you yourself said that I'm 8w7. (I can forward you the PMs, if you don't recall the specific questions or answers.)
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh?

You win as well, if you take into consideration the past half a dozen times we talked about my enneagram type and you asked me a bunch of questions and I answered them, and at the end you yourself said that I'm 8w7. (I can forward you the PMs, if you don't recall the specific questions or answers.)
    Yeah, please do. Then tell me how much of the information in them I can use on the wiki for 8w7 justification.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind. I mean, I could still forward you the PMs that I haven't deleted yet (there should be at least a few), but going through it and whatnot... I dunno, this is starting to sound like it's more effort than it's worth. Maybe we should just discuss it again via PM, and I won't say anything that I wouldn't want in the wiki so you can use it all.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, Ezra basically wrote about me:

discojoe didn't give me enough Fe when we were PMing, so I now consider him cold and unfriendly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I fully agree.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.

Apparently I'm modest, insightful and wise...? Well, I don't particularly get called "modest" IRL too often, but I'll cop to occasionally waxing insightful (and appreciate being seen as such). I'll also confess to having a ravenous appetite for knowledge amassing. One look @ my crammed bookshelves will suffice in that regard. To some extent I revere knowledge, but simply often don't know how to make the best use of it. I'm very good at plunging into a course of study on any topic, wading around in it pretty deeply for a spell and gaining a good grasp, but then ultimately losing interest in any *really* disciplined study. I don't sustain any focus long enough to become an "expert" per se.

Which is generally what makes me a 4w5 and not a 5w4... I'm more of a "knowledge dilettante" rather than an authority.

I'm also much more emotionally reactive in my everyday life. It's so easy to be careful and composed on the Internets. There's very little regret necessary when you have all the time you like to decide what to say.

And as far as pretending to be something I'm not... that would just take far too much effort to maintain. I might have bursts of ingenuity, but ultimately have better things to spend my energy on.

At any rate, Ezra... I have to say you've grown on me. You were certainly an annoying blustery know-it-all when you first showed up and occasionally fall back on attention-whoring when you're needy for stimulation, but you actually do have some wit and that's always something I appreciate. If you were 10 or 12 years older, I might even find you attractive.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take your idiotic reasoning for my being a 6 out of there....it's completely false and stupid
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    Take your idiotic reasoning for my being a 6 out of there....it's completely false and stupid
    Do you not agree with it then?

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    Do you not agree with it then?
    I'm "completely loyal to Asthon and his cause because I'm looking for guidance in my socionics understanding?" No. Ashton is just a friend who has shown me that he has a much more comprehensive understanding of the functions than most people, regardless of what model he uses. Ezra is obviously blind to my actual personality. Anyone who truly understands the six temperament and has interacted with me and made accurate observations would never associate me with it. I am a 4w5, sp/sx...6 is the last type I would want to be. And wtf is this bullshit about me not liking conflict? I THRIVE on conflict. Everything I say has an undertone that attempts to captivate or have some effect. I dunno wtf this kid's talking about. But hey, he thinks he's an 8, so that's proof enough of his ignorance.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm "completely loyal to Asthon and his cause because I'm looking for guidance in my socionics understanding?" No. Ashton is just a friend who has shown me that he has a much more comprehensive understanding of the functions than most people, regardless of what model he uses. Ezra is obviously blind to my actual personality. Anyone who truly understands the six temperament and has interacted with me and made accurate observations would never associate me with it. I am a 4w5, sp/sx...6 is the last type I would want to be. And wtf is this bullshit about me not liking conflict? I THRIVE on conflict. Everything I say has an undertone that attempts to captivate or have some effect. I dunno wtf this kid's talking about. But hey, he thinks he's an 8, so that's proof enough of his ignorance.
    Probably.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I add my own complaints and arguments to this thread?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ashton is just a friend who has shown me that he has a much more comprehensive understanding of the functions than most people
    lol!!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Why not?

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Why not?
    Well, everyone else has been so restrained so far

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conversation with Expat can leave one quite drained; he layers on the information and explanation like icing on a wedding cake.
    Odd choice of metaphor --

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are you asking? Whoever the are, you don't need to ask them.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There also appears to be some deep-seated anger triad issues there, and you get the feeling that he wouldn't be particularly concerned with expressing said anger. 1w9 is a possibility because for all I know, he could be ashamed with expressing anger, as Ones tend to be
    You've mentioned somewhere that you see me as being ashamed with expressing anger. Does that have anything to do with your typing of me as 3w4?

And, what is your reasoning for saying I am ashamed or worried about expressing anger?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-Cyclops

Um..I think i'm a 6w5 with 9w1 leanings..Um..I need to study this more?

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Well, everyone else has been so restrained so far
    I have concerns about following the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Who are you asking? Whoever the are, you don't need to ask them.
    I'm asking Ezra, maker of this thread.

Although, I might just take your suggestions and post them anyway.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    do it minde! (:
    Glam's opinion trumps all, so here it goes.

To Ezra (and I expect you to take this very seriously!):

I'm hungry.
    I don't think you are God.
    There's an ink stain on my sleeve that won't come out.
    I wish people would not stick their used juice boxes in my front hedge.
    No, the sun does not rise in the east.
    Why does the second law of thermodynamics have to be so relentlessly consistent? Can't it make a few small exceptions?
    Thinking too many negative thoughts is depressing to the psyche.

...oh, and the last time I looked at this Enneagram stuff I typed myself as 9w1.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are using your front hedges as a trash can?
    I hope your shirt isn't white.
    And.... I'm hungry too. It's time for lunch, at least.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Probably.
    ok, cool lol. sorry for being all aggressive, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    lol!!!
    seriously lol. I've talked to a lot of different people about functions and he has always offered interesting perspectives.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra, let's play that game where you put me on the list.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7?
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. You shouldn't ask, Minde. Feel free to express anything you feel needs expressing, publicly or privately.

Odd choice of metaphor --
    I know, I don't know why I chose that. I just thought of the first thing that came to mind which seemed like a logical and edible thing.

You've mentioned somewhere that you see me as being ashamed with expressing anger. Does that have anything to do with your typing of me as 3w4?

And, what is your reasoning for saying I am ashamed or worried about expressing anger?
    I think you could be a 1w9 and a 3w4 for different reasons. What I basically aim to do is interpret your behaviour, and see what of it resonates with each type. Being ashamed at expressing anger; where did you get this? I don't remember writing this about you; could you link me to it please?

To Ezra (and I expect you to take this very seriously!):

I'm hungry.
    I don't think you are God.
    There's an ink stain on my sleeve that won't come out.
    I wish people would not stick their used juice boxes in my front hedge.
    No, the sun does not rise in the east.
    Why does the second law of thermodynamics have to be so relentlessly consistent? Can't it make a few small exceptions?
    Thinking too many negative thoughts is depressing to the psyche.
    Code:
    Delta input

Working.................24%

Working.................28%

Working.................69%

Working.................81%

Working.................100%

Completed. Run diagnostics?

Y/N

Error: Delta language unrecognised

>_

Press any key to continue
    ok, cool lol. sorry for being all aggressive, dude.
    You are aware that I was being sarcastic. I thought about not bothering to point it out, but then because you took it seriously, I felt sympathetic.

Stick around. You might convince me eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saturn View Post
    Ezra, let's play that game where you put me on the list.
    Let's play the game where you post at a forum for longer than a week.

7?
    7w6. I could explain why in a split.

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    I identify with 5w4 more than 5w6.

But it's your list so I don't really care.
    Correct information is important, my friend, so I care a great deal.
    Last edited by Ezra; 05-15-2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Finished half a sentence.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ez, our friendship means so much to me too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it helps, I actually think you're a 1w2.

You've got that "duty" and chivalry focus in spades that I've noticed most often in all 1s. Especially in all your posts relating how you believe the females should be treated, romantic relationships approached, etc. You're *careful*. Ones are always very careful and concerned about how they regard others. Always striving for the right way, how things should be done. Even if they don't consciously seek to impose their moral attitudes upon others, their expression is always restrained and measured. Their social interaction always seems somewhat rigid, even when they're allegedly relaxed. And their righteous anger and indignation always ready for a worthy target.

They also use words like "deplorable".
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Code:
    Delta input

Working.................24%

Working.................28%

Working.................69%

Working.................81%

Working.................100%

Completed. Run diagnostics?

Y/N

Error: Delta language unrecognised

>_

lmfao
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ez, our friendship means so much to
    me too.

He probably just doesn't have a very good sense of you yet. You could hang around and get typed. However, having been addicted to this forum, and still suffering to a degree, I would suggest you turn tail and run as fast as possible in the opposite direction, and forget about personality psychology altogether.

But that's just me.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Ez, our friendship means so much to me too.
    So does GTA:IV.

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune View Post
    If it helps, I actually think you're a 1w2.

You've got that "duty" and chivalry focus in spades that I've noticed most often in all 1s. Especially in all your posts relating how you believe the females should be treated, romantic relationships approached, etc. You're *careful*. Ones are always very careful and concerned about how they regard others. Always striving for the right way, how things should be done. Even if they don't consciously seek to impose their moral attitudes upon others, their expression is always restrained and measured. Their social interaction always seems somewhat rigid, even when they're allegedly relaxed. And their righteous anger and indignation always ready for a worthy target.

They also use words like "deplorable".
    Why not 1w9?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    He probably just doesn't have a very good sense of you yet.

I have an almost perfect sense of Leon. He's simply not been around long enough for me to see him as a member of the forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an almost perfect sense of Leon. He's simply not been around long enough for me to see him as a member of the forum.

This is true. Yet it shows little faith. This hurt.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    You are aware that I was being sarcastic. I thought about not bothering to point it out, but then because you took it seriously, I felt sympathetic.

Stick around. You might convince me eventually.
    lol, oh, can't read tone over the internet too well. If you disagree, then perhaps you can explain why you think my argument is wrong or point something else out.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true. Yet it shows little faith. This hurt.
    I probably get it from my mother.

lol, oh, can't read tone over the internet too well. If you disagree, then perhaps you can explain why you think my argument is wrong or point something else out.
    I really couldn't be arsed arguing with that at the time. I wasn't in the mood.

And looking back on it now, I can't really offer something else. Sentences like:

Ezra is obviously blind to my actual personality.
    offer a closed view, unwilling to consider the possibilities. And this:

And wtf is this bullshit about me not liking conflict? I THRIVE on conflict. Everything I say has an undertone that attempts to captivate or have some effect. I dunno wtf this kid's talking about. But hey, he thinks he's an 8, so that's proof enough of his ignorance.
    Just chimes confrontational behaviour for me. It makes me not even want to talk with you. I'm not trying to offend you, I just want you to see that I'm not interested in conversing with someone who talks like this.

However, there is one minor point I'd like to make, which may or may not have major repercussions on your views.

I am a 4w5, sp/sx...6 is the last type I would want to be.
    Enneagram type is not about desire, it's about actuality. Whether you're a Six or not has no bearing on whether or not you want to be. In fact, many would say it only strengthens the case for a Six in self-denial.

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Ezra, stop being a wuss and put your page back up. It was fun watching the drama. Like Days of Our Lives.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JRiddy View Post
    Hey Ezra, stop being a wuss and put your page back up. It was fun watching the drama. Like Days of Our Lives.
    Is that a Friends reference? Wasn't it Joey's show?

Awesome. I always felt like Ross.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast