This is a preliminary sketch of my observations with the introspection of my own thought processes.

Ni+Te-

[list]Attributes:
  1. 1. Lack of focus
    2. Strong implicit memory
    3. Perfectionism in terms of:
    [list:c8f1c20deb]a. Artistic value
    b. Optimization
4. Flooding of thoughts
5. Absent-mindedness
6. Reaction-oriented
7. Lack of forced motivation[/list:u:c8f1c20deb][/list:c8f1c20deb]
  • Observations:
    [list:c8f1c20deb]1. If I come to a mental block, I lose focus.
    1.1. A mental block includes:
    [list:c8f1c20deb]a. Coming to the end of an idea with no transition
    b. Running into a problem
    c. Thinking of possibilities
1.2. Mental blocks occur quite often, resulting in a heavy lack of focus.
1.2.1. This occurrence is based on observations when the subject was free from any kind of social influence, such as influence of another psychological type.
2. Losing focus results in a sharp increase in the awareness of my environment.
2.1. This awareness usually is a short, mild neurosis.
2.1.1. The neurosis may involve:
  • a. The retracing and/or reshaping of written letters or drawn shapes (see Figure 1)
    b. Obsession with aesthetically-pleasing perfectionism
    c. Increased sensitivity to potentially negative sensations
    d. Increased sensitivity to random itching or irritation, which may result in provoking one certain area for long periods of time
    e. Obsession with "picking at things"
    f. Destruction of objects, such as repetitive "picking" or breaking things for no reason
    g. In extreme cases, the subject may perform autistic-like behaviors such as endlessly repeating something
2.2 Being bored or impatient also causes this neurosis.
3. Losing focus means losing perspective.
3.1. When I lose focus, I lose my train of thought.
3.2. If I am trying to focus, I rescan over what I have just processed, which may mean:
  • a. Rereading the last paragraph more carefully
    b. Going over the facts of my idea again (this may occur many times)
3.2.1. If I cannot focus on rescanning, I drop the entire idea.
3.2.1.1. Doing this results from too high levels of cognitive dissonance.
3.2.1.2. This results in a relaxation and increased awareness of the environment without the accompanying neurosis.
4. When in physical activity, relaxation occurs much more frequently than when not in physical activity.
4.1. There is little concentration on anything, thus cognitive dissonance in almost nonexistant.
4.2. New ideas are much more frequent.
4.3. This "free thought" is not the same as "losing focus".[/list:u:c8f1c20deb][/list:u:c8f1c20deb]
  • Conclusions:
    [list:c8f1c20deb]1. When a main idea is present, if a mental block sets in, a temporary lapse in thinking results with a mild sensory neurosis, no relaxation. The neurosis will not quit until focus is regained. If focus is not regained, the main idea is released and relaxation ensues until a new main idea replaces the old one.
    2. The holding of cognitive dissonance causes a neurosis. The release of cognitive dissonance cause relaxation.
    3. Ni+ is primarily a mental process characterized by cycles of introspective thought and environmental awareness.
[/list:u:c8f1c20deb]
  • Theories:
    [list:c8f1c20deb]1. The neurosis phase is Si. The relaxation phase is Se.
[/list:u:c8f1c20deb]
My only request is that you restrict all criticisms to the Theory section. The rest of the lists will only serve to confuse you if you try to criticize them.