Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Differences between SLI-ISTps and SLE-ESTps

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You're not SLI or SLE; you're a rational type...
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You're not SLI or SLE; you're a rational type...
    Confim him LIE.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Confim him LIE.
    LIE? Not a chance. "Future oriented thinking, long term plans" not even close.

In fact, all these type theories are actually what got me in to "thinking" so much. Before I knew about MBTI/Socionics/Enneagram, I was hardly a "thinker," in the common sense of the word. It just seems like these theories have loopholes within loopholes and it's caused me to spiral out of control real quick, further and further into my head-which makes me question being a genuine enneagram type 5. Since discovering type theories and being constantly told, "it's not that simple...'x' could actually be a product of 'y' or maybe 'z'" I've just become more and more detached and analytical, constantly getting wrapped up in endless details and losing sense of what really is/matters.

So, I'm just gonna say screw how I've been since discovering these theories and take myself back to when I was younger and wasn't so consumed with, "figuring myself out."

I'm going to take an excerpt from a type growth description I read a while back, when I was studying MBTI, which was probably the most groundbreaking thing I had ever read. It was one of those, "I've been trying to explain this for a long time and here are the words for it," kind of deals. Fits me pre-type theory to a 'T.'

are action-oriented thinkers. They are highly tuned into their immediate environment, and driven to interact with it in a hands-on fashion. It is by working with things in their environment that they experience and understand life. By working physically with their environment, they have a natural and immediate understanding of how things work, and how best to achieve their identified goals. Although they constantly use logic to determine how to best manipulate objects in their immediate situation, they are not naturally analytical in a more objective sense. When they step back to methodically analyze the relationship between objects in their world, they often lose touch with their understanding. Their understanding is intimately tied into their physical experience with reality. It is immediate and wholistic. They are naturally "in-sync" with the physical world, and value life largely in terms of their ability to flow with and conquer the physical challenges presented to them. Although they think about and value past experiences, they live almost entirely in the here and now...They excel at tasks that require a great deal of tactile mastery, as well as quick, logic-based action......often resist and rebel situations that are entirely new, or that require a great deal of structured planning and thinking. This way of thinking is foreign and therefore uncomfortable. When someone tries to push or control 'X' into these situations, he or she is likely to "walk away" from that person without looking back.
    As for my own input, I'm just gonna avoid trying to explain myself, until I can get out of this funk. I will say this though, getting wrapped up in the seemingly endless self-analysis and details of type theory, has caused me to become a recluse and a lot more uptight. Before I bumped into a little identity crisis towards the end of high school and then found type theory, I never thought twice about who I or anyone else for that matter was. I didn't really care. I was me and people were people.

Edit: Basically what I've done with my own personality is like, when you look at a word for so long it begins to start looking funny. It's still the same word, your perception of it is just jacked because you paid too much attention to it.

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to add to that. I had another one of those groundbreaking, "I've been trying to describe this for a long time" moments when I looked into "learning styles." I read a book made for parents, to help them understand their children's needs at an early age. Bottom line, there were 4 learning styles, I came out Concrete-Random. Here's some stuff on that:
    Concrete Randoms prefer:

Trial and error approach
    Hands-on experiences
    Brainstorming and open-ended activities
    Produce real, but creative, products
    Original and unique approaches to problem solving
    Self-directed learning
    The Concrete Random individual:

Is highly curious.
    Finds out-of-the-ordinary answers to problems.
    Seems driven to say or do things in a way others have not.
    Is a risk-taker.
    Likes to discover his/her own way of doing things; must test things for self.
    Is extremely independent and competitive with self.
    Prefers to investigate and experiment; enjoys hands-on experimenting.
    Skips steps and details.
    Shows original creativity; has varied and unusual ideas.
    Has multiple projects going at once.
    Finds possibilities, creates change.
    Is notorious for not reading directions or instructions.
    Fears structure.
    Concrete-Random: Practical and live in the physical world, but they like to learn by trial and error. Rather than a plan, they want options.

Thinking processes are instinctive, intuitive, and impulsive.

Events affected by outside variables.

Focus on practical applications, methods, and processes.

Creativity is original, inventive, and unique.

Prefer an environment that is stimulus rich and competitive.
    I might get some more detailed stuff on CR later.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    What are you "yesssssssssssssssssssssss"ing? lol

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

your last post. mostly these parts:

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman View Post
    In fact, all these type theories are actually what got me in to "thinking" so much. Before I knew about MBTI/Socionics/Enneagram, I was hardly a "thinker," in the common sense of the word. It just seems like these theories have loopholes within loopholes and it's caused me to spiral out of control real quick, further and further into my head-which makes me question being a genuine enneagram type 5. Since discovering type theories and being constantly told, "it's not that simple...'x' could actually be a product of 'y' or maybe 'z'" I've just become more and more detached and analytical, constantly getting wrapped up in endless details and losing sense of what really is/matters.

Edit: Basically what I've done with my own personality is like, when you look at a word for so long it begins to start looking funny. It's still the same word, your perception of it is just jacked because you paid too much attention to it.
    same as stuff i've dealt with since socionics and it was cool to see words for it. you're redeemed a little.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp or ENTp

Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

not seeing entp at all. you're more reactive than i'm used to seeing from slis and because of that and what you've said here about relating to se and ti i'm kinda leaning sle atm. but i don't want to disregard enneagram influence (sorry i like 6>5 for you too).

two cents.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    but i don't want to disregard enneagram influence (sorry i like 6>5 for you too).

two cents.
    I dont buy 6, at all...in fact I question even being a 'head type.' I was told by my entire family I was one of the least anxious kids they had ever seen. I never needed reassurance for anything. Didn't have any doubts. Never considered, "what could go wrong." Just lived. I'm not really in any place to determine what I am right now, but if I was pushed I'd say I'd fall under one of the instinctual types(8, 9 or 1). Mayyyyybe type 7. I'll worry about that stuff later, though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE.

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Some of the things you wrote in your intro thread sound a lot like opinions that my SLE bf holds, except your ambivalence towards fat people. I can go into more detail if you want. What are your thoughts towards E7 or 8?
    I think 8 because control has always been important to me. The second I started to lose "control" as a kid, I became very aggressive in taking it back. I was either always the "leader" of a group or if I wasn't, I always fought to become the "leader" and I had the hardest time following anyone. If I couldn't be the leader of a group I'd usually just ditch and do my own thing. I also follow, "when healthy becomes like a 2, when stressed becomes like a 5." I remember jumping into stuff as a kid, and when I lost control or felt I was beginning to lose control, I'd temporarily separate myself from the situation and kind of strategize, figure out what exactly was going wrong, regain my composure and hop back in. When I was in complete control and was sure that there were no threats to my control, I'd start to become very giving. I'd begin to start offering advice, time, resources, etc. Although, the second I detected a threat, I went back into "stamp you out" mode and made sure whoever it was understood their place(sounds a bit more aggressive that it really was...I rarely got into all out power duals with people...I'm thinking I might actually be an 8w9).

Also, I never really had an issue with authority, although I always wanted to make it clear to authority that I didn't have to listen to them if I didn't want to. That anytime I listened to them, I chose to do so.

7 is questionable. I relate to being a pleasure seeker. Going out and doing stuff for fun. I read a portion of a 7 description that said they enjoy looking through catalogs and whatnot because they find it thrilling to look at various options for pleasure, and compare/contrast. When I was younger I loved picking up catalogs of electronics, real estate, etc. just to check out all the different options and how cool they were/which deals were best. It also mentioned that 7's were likely to know all the best restaurants and whatnot in town because they're always seeking out the best source of pleasure. I can sort of relate to that, although that happens a little more passively. Example: *driving down the road to go to a restaurant and notices a new restaurant* "That looks pretty cool, let's go there instead." Next thing you know, I have a new favorite restaurant.

7 is a bit more sketchy. 8 fits a whole lot better.

Btw, on the off chance that's actually you in your avatar pic(although, I don't think it is)...you're very attractive.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The second I started to lose "control" as a kid, I became very aggressive in taking it back.
    How can you take something back that even isn't there. I mean, did you write control on a brick and when you lost it or someone took it away from you, you wanted it back, screaming "where is my control"?

TIM
    Si-SLI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    How can you take something back that even isn't there. I mean, did you write control on a brick and when you lost it or someone took it away from you, you wanted it back, screaming "where is my control"?
    I not really sure what you're trying to say here. I said "the second I started to lose control" which implies that I had control.

If you're implying control doesn't exist, I'm not even gonna bother having this conversation.

Control exists, whether it be over circumstances, people, self, etc.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I not really sure what you're trying to say here. I said "the second I started to lose control" which implies that I had control.
    You had control, okay.

If you're implying control doesn't exist, I'm not even gonna bother having this conversation. Control exists, whether it be over circumstances, people, self, etc.
    It only does when you exercise it which means there have to be visible/tangible examples of its use on others or self. If there is none, then there is no "control." Anyway, what sociotype you're leaning?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't listen to octo. she's VERY attractive!

and yes, sounds very 7ish to me. and SLE. haha

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEIs have spoken. Scratch that SLI on the lfet, under your avatar and you're ready to go. No place for alphas, gammas, and betas in Delta Holy Land of Terror.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are some of the key differences and similarities between SLI and SLE?
    SLE: Boxer, but scared in the dark
    SLI: Navy Seal, but shy to people

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

or the illusion of control

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

mechman.. you seem thinking triad.. 5,6,7.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I think 8 because control has always been important to me. The second I started to lose "control" as a kid, I became very aggressive in taking it back. I was either always the "leader" of a group or if I wasn't, I always fought to become the "leader" and I had the hardest time following anyone. If I couldn't be the leader of a group I'd usually just ditch and do my own thing. I also follow, "when healthy becomes like a 2, when stressed becomes like a 5." I remember jumping into stuff as a kid, and when I lost control or felt I was beginning to lose control, I'd temporarily separate myself from the situation and kind of strategize, figure out what exactly was going wrong, regain my composure and hop back in. When I was in complete control and was sure that there were no threats to my control, I'd start to become very giving. I'd begin to start offering advice, time, resources, etc. Although, the second I detected a threat, I went back into "stamp you out" mode and made sure whoever it was understood their place(sounds a bit more aggressive that it really was...I rarely got into all out power duals with people...I'm thinking I might actually be an 8w9).

Also, I never really had an issue with authority, although I always wanted to make it clear to authority that I didn't have to listen to them if I didn't want to. That anytime I listened to them, I chose to do so.

7 is questionable. I relate to being a pleasure seeker. Going out and doing stuff for fun. I read a portion of a 7 description that said they enjoy looking through catalogs and whatnot because they find it thrilling to look at various options for pleasure, and compare/contrast. When I was younger I loved picking up catalogs of electronics, real estate, etc. just to check out all the different options and how cool they were/which deals were best. It also mentioned that 7's were likely to know all the best restaurants and whatnot in town because they're always seeking out the best source of pleasure. I can sort of relate to that, although that happens a little more passively. Example: *driving down the road to go to a restaurant and notices a new restaurant* "That looks pretty cool, let's go there instead." Next thing you know, I have a new favorite restaurant.

7 is a bit more sketchy. 8 fits a whole lot better.

Btw, on the off chance that's actually you in your avatar pic(although, I don't think it is)...you're very attractive.
    from what you say here i'm thinking 3w4. but frmo your writing style i'm thinking more 7.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I relate to parts of both quadra's and a lot of the stuff within the quadra's is situational for me, at best.

For example, the Beta Quadra likes enthusiastic, group activities where everyone is participating. Delta prefers small groups with a more controlled atmosphere. I enjoy both. Each have a time and a place and a lot of it depends on my mood. Sometimes I feel like throwin down, other times I feel like chillin out.
    deltas are very stubborn. betas are more wild. both gamma and delta are very controlled. beta is "kind of" controlled, in a way that alphas can think that they're being uptight.

betas are more likely to reject people than betas. but both are pretty upbeat. betas "upbeat" can be kind of depressive though.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I dont buy 6, at all...in fact I question even being a 'head type.' I was told by my entire family I was one of the least anxious kids they had ever seen. I never needed reassurance for anything. Didn't have any doubts. Never considered, "what could go wrong." Just lived. I'm not really in any place to determine what I am right now, but if I was pushed I'd say I'd fall under one of the instinctual types(8, 9 or 1). Mayyyyybe type 7. I'll worry about that stuff later, though.
    3, 7, 8 from that.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    SLI: He seems conservative, but you suspect he has some fucked up porn under his bed.

SLE: He waves fucked up porn in your face, but his actual porn collection is pretty vanilla.
    haahahaha

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    deltas are very stubborn.
    totally.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LOL so true and that has to do with the concept of morality and what one views as proper, true, honest. One wants to be viewed as "good" in public but the other really is good.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    deltas are very stubborn.
    Yeah i have to admit i do agree with that. Concerning myself, as well as the other deltas I know.

betas are more likely to reject people than betas. but both are pretty upbeat. betas "upbeat" can be kind of depressive though.
    do u mean deltas? or alphas? I'm assuming not gammas as i dont see gammas as upbeat at all
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoXi111304
    Oh.... it's Leger!

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I was with an ISTP yesterday who would go through fits and starts of talking and then drifting into silence. He was in the company of friends though so it did not seem strange to me.
    This ^ when i get talkative it just gets old pretty fast and i step out. And if there's cats around i rather play with then than be around ppl
    "Precision beats power and timing beats speed"

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    This ^ when i get talkative it just gets old pretty fast and i step out. And if there's cats around i rather play with then than be around ppl
    I do the same shit, but that means jack shit. Rather ESTp seeks intensity, ISTp seeks quite peace.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hsiao View Post
    I do the same shit, but that means jack shit. Rather ESTp seeks intensity, ISTp seeks quite peace.
    I like how you give zero examples.

TIM
    SCS: SLE sp8w7
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    I like how you give zero examples.

Because it's obvious.

Intense? SLE does things for stimulation, not just physical sensation but also even emotional intensity even if it's done sloppily, they will get riled up and will try to rile other people up.

While SLI likes physical activities like SLE, but they lack impulsivity, etc.

SLI could physically attack someone, just they would attack someone because that person was disrupting their own peace, not because they actually enjoy fights/conflict.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hsiao View Post
    Because it's obvious.

Intense? SLE does things for stimulation, not just physical sensation but also even emotional intensity even if it's done sloppily, they will get riled up and will try to rile other people up.

While SLI likes physical activities like SLE, but they lack impulsivity, etc.

SLI could physically attack someone, just they would attack someone because that person was disrupting their own peace, not because they actually enjoy fights/conflict.
    yeah that's not a great example. SLE is prone to bursts of intensity while sli is more go with the flow.SLE wants to break you while SLI wants to catch you doing something wrong.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI - Carefully applied electrical tape
    SLE - Duct tape everywhere until it works just fine

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking RaptorWesNet's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ISTP is a lot more patient to sit down and understand the machine, whereas the ESTP has to quickly do something fun.
    ORRE COLOSSEUM JUST GOT STARTED, AND KOBE IS REIGNING AS KING!!
    It's Henry vs Zidane, France vs Spain in the 2024 Olympic soccer final, Egypt vs Japan, Yugioh vs Pokemon, Poimandres vs Zarathustra, Giordano Bruno vs Friedrich Nietzsche, haystack picnic robed in silver rods to treasures of lore and sacred spark to unite and forge dancing stars and futures refracting crystal moonlight lures of hanger bay crunching fabrics webbing steel and blizzards juice stringing code red trains of yonder fluid ribbons trophy waterfall cake blueprints frenzy retracting haunted capital terra horns of leading edge canopy blossoms rendezvous shuffling Articuno!!
    RaptorWizard Sci-Fi Empire Lugia Bunny ~ Ultimate Aeon Willpower: Wes Net (the16types.info)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345