Thread: ISTp-ENFp duality complementary subtypes (IEE-SLI)

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ENFp-Ne, and my husband is ISTp-Si. My brother is ISTp-Te. We fit the subtype descriptions. If subtypes don't exist, this could be coincidental.

My brother and I didn't get along when we were teenagers. It took a while before that changed. Now we're fine. I'm sometimes still finding it difficult, though. My husband is calmer, and he tries to put people at ease and to be considerate and polite, so I find it easier to get along with him. But I wouldn't use this as a basis for saying anything about subtypes and duality. I mean, saying that my brother has sometimes been less than polite to me and that I get along better with the man I married = DUH, right?

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Do people really think I'm a SEI type?
    I mistyped my husband as an ISFp at first. Why ever did I do that? ... Partly because I started out with the MBTI. I thought he was a "Feeler", not a "Thinker", because he's aware of the consequences his actions have on other people, so he tries to be helpful and considerate. He's very friendly, in a calm sort of way. Compared to my brother, he's slower to get angry or irritable. I'd say he's less likely to let others know that he thinks they're idiots. (He'll still think it, but he'll just avoid interacting with them.)

As for "sleepy" vs "attacking"... Instead of "sleepy" I'd say calm, mellow, phlegmatic, taking the scenic route through life. "Attacking", no idea what that means. But my brother is a litle more vehement in what he's doing. There's more adrenaline there, and there are greater contrasts: If he's withdrawn into himself, that's more clearly visible, and there are greater visible differences between the times he's resting and the times he's active.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat View Post
    As for "sleepy" vs "attacking"... Instead of "sleepy" I'd say calm, mellow, phlegmatic, taking the scenic route through life. "Attacking", no idea what that means. But my brother is a litle more vehement in what he's doing. There's more adrenaline there, and there are greater contrasts: If he's withdrawn into himself, that's more clearly visible, and there are greater visible differences between the times he's resting and the times he's active.
    Yeah...calm is a better term. I can't tell you how many times I get told daily to "wakeup!" or "you're too calm...do you ever get upset?" "get excited!". It's kind of a very ....'meh' attitude towards everything. Meh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know one of each subtype - my ex was the Te. Aaaaaand... yeah, hit his polr and he turns into a brick wall. This is why his 'relationship' with the ENFj has lasted a grand total oooooofff.. 4 months. lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh!!

I hold a similar opinion about subtypes as Slackermom. Im not even sure what subtype i am with any certianty. There does seem to be something to the theory though as i think ive noticed both subtypes. Actually i would have guessed Jessica is a logcial type and Loki as a Sensory one if anything.

My old friend is a logical subtype. Hes a turbulent dude with a firery temper. When im with him hes quite unpredictable, deciding what he wants to do on a whim. Hes very handy though, knows how to fix shit. He knows little tricks like how to get the car started in the cold etc. I may actually like their emotional turbulence. He rang me the other day and after about 2 minutes was swearing his head off about how his mate only uses him for dope and hes always getting the dope for him. They are almost like a project to me.

Other ISTp i know is the sensory type. He just exudes calmness. His emotions are more stable. Hes also more socially aware and just plain better with people. Him and i never really argue, he will say "BULLSHIT" to me sometimes and we get into a little funny arguement but nothing really. I have the feeling though that if we did get into a spat, that would be it. It could be something to-do with trust levels though. As he has his own group of friends i am on the prerifery. The first ISTp ive been friends with for years and im more ingrained in his life whether we like it or not.

So in all honestly i have no idea which one is best for me. Logical subtypes are harder to deal with, they are a journey with their good points and bad points very polarised. I think i may like that more as im more acutely aware they need my help.
    Last edited by meatburger; 03-18-2008 at 12:30 PM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat View Post
    I'm ENFp-Ne, and my husband is ISTp-Si. My brother is ISTp-Te. We fit the subtype descriptions. If subtypes don't exist, this could be coincidental.

My brother and I didn't get along when we were teenagers. It took a while before that changed. Now we're fine. I'm sometimes still finding it difficult, though. My husband is calmer, and he tries to put people at ease and to be considerate and polite, so I find it easier to get along with him.
    This ìs pretty much my experience with SLIs. Te subtypes are quite annoying at times.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    This ìs pretty much my experience with SLIs. Te subtypes are quite annoying at times.
    i have to agree. Nothing against them....but not the same to me as an Si subtype......what does that make me then ...an Ne-ENFp.....i dunno, perhaps it does.
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA