Quote Originally Posted by SFVB
But the thing I'm trieng to say is that if F functions make us good at EQ, then F with N makes type ultimate psychologist/councellor. And here, in Estonia, most succesfull psychologists, like Anti Kidron, are ENFPs.
I would absolutely agree that ENFps make excellent counsellors...however, as with any scientist, they are limited by the theories that they have learned, and often can be useless when trying to understand types that do not respond well to their emotional manipulation (Fi). As the fourth quadra consists types that "maintain the status quo," they are only as good in a practical sense, as the "status quo" that has been provided for them. Many ENFps are insanely stubborn when it comes to adapting new methods because they HATE to have to learn something new that is not relatively simple (Ti/Te weakness). This, as we observe in the US, causes a lot of ENFp psychologists (like Dr. Phil) to spread understanding that is either incomplete or simply inaccurate, causing no real progress in this area. I think it would be fair to say that at this point, at least in the US, most ENFp psychologists are doing more harm than good, especially when it comes to the issue of using drugs to cure depression, or other "personality disorders," as they are often prone to do.
DR PHIL IS NOT AN ENFP

FFS