Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
I tend to like people not for EQ or IQ but for the level of benevolence they offer to others, high and low EQ and IQ can make people just as intolerable to others. I'm not sure if I would want a world where high EQ is the most important trait, as a society where a socially capable person could game the system instead of providing concrete and tangible benefit to others would be pretty horrible, as would a system that only valued skills and intelligence.

As far as IQ 2 std deviation above average, it's not that uncommon. 2% of the population is 140-150 million people. The number of people that know socionics is like less than of 1% of the world's population. Which means 1 out of every 50 person you meet will have > 125 IQ while the number of people who knows about socionics will be quite a bit less, when you understand that 2% is actually a rather common thing population wise, and statistically it's highly plausible academic forums would contain individuals of at least IQ 1 std deviation above norm.

I highly doubt many people here have IQ's lower than 1 std deviation above average, I would say it is quite rare for a member here to have a IQ of 100, it's very apparent when someone shows up with 100 IQ because they are immediately out of place. Of course this individual will generally operate without too many problems in society.

Given that most members are 1 std deviation above average and a good number of members are 2 to 3 std deviations above norm, I would say a IQ average of 120-125 is a good calculation.
I agree that there is more to attraction than EQ or IQ. I think if I had to choose between a partner with an above average IQ or above average EQ I'd select the latter. Social competence, empathy, emotional regulation, etc... is just more important to me than intellectual potential. I agree too that a functional society needs a variety of individuals with different strengths. Hence how socionics intertypes work and the world at large. That's why I also like Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences.

I'm not sure that I am convinced by your logic about the IQ of forum members around here but there's no real definitive way to measure since not everyone has been given a valid IQ measure (online tests are generally not valid at all). Also, I'm not sure if you are only thinking of the most active forum members or everyone who signs up and makes at least one post. Plus, I am an example of one of those who is under 1 std deviation above average, unless my score has changed since I was tested in middle school (which supposedly it should not change much). Anyway, its not a topic of much more interest for me to argue beyond this post.