Quote Originally Posted by Expat
To be "social" in the everyday use, especially in the typical high-school environment in western society, is connected to being confident in a few functions, especially and and perhaps also . Those who are less confident in the use of those functions will look for solutions connected to the functions they are more confident in, such as , , or .
It is not a matter of functional intake in my opinion. It seems as though all people have the capability for self development in every area.

Likewise, in a hard-science environment those who are less confident in the use of the latter functions will turn to the "social functions", such as developing connections with those who could help them.
Socionics is not hard science.

There is no mystery to this, so I don't really see much point in your remark.
My comments weren't particularly directed at you as you have made it quite clear that it is not your intention to absorb every possible mindframe but only those which you find "useful" or what have you. I was just using your observation to point out that the superiority of socionists is pretty much the same as that of people who follow mbti (ie nonexistent).

As for dropping MBTT for Socionics, I just meant that the latter is a superior system.
Socionics doesn't accurately reflect the person on an individual scale and it is full of superstition/mythology in its description of the motives of the classifications of people as it sees them. It is inferior to having the capability to know and reflect all personal forms of interaction.