Thread: Franz Kafka

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I only read one of his books, the impression I got is EIE. He is similar to Dostoyevsky who I also type as EIE. Just wanted to say this, there is this kind of ENFj that is often typed as INFj (which is normal because cotrary types are quite similar), there is a clear Ni and Ti in the way he writes, and I think many ENFj like to think themselves as thinkers and not feelers (especially guys). I also think existentialism or nihilisme is very Ni theme, especially in the case of EIE and ILI.
    I disagree on Dostoyevsky being EIE. I think the Russian socionists got it right in saying that he is EII. Kafka is interesting because he does come across as an introvert yet his heavy existentialism obscures type. I really liked his Metamorphosis. At any rate, i don't think he is EIE, but I doubt he is the same type as Dostoyevsky.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

photos allow EIE, IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I disagree on Dostoyevsky being EIE. I think the Russian socionists got it right in saying that he is EII.
    "Russian socionists" have different opinions about his type (1/3 disagrees with EII).
    There are 2 problems: 1) strong conformism to Augustinavichiute who typed him as EII and assigned to a type, 2) the lack of good typing data [what implies a video] what makes easy to mistake.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    I only read one of his books, the impression I got is EIE. He is similar to Dostoyevsky who I also type as EIE. Just wanted to say this, there is this kind of ENFj that is often typed as INFj (which is normal because cotrary types are quite similar), there is a clear Ni and Ti in the way he writes, and I think many ENFj like to think themselves as thinkers and not feelers (especially guys). I also think existentialism or nihilisme is very Ni theme, especially in the case of EIE and ILI.
    Hmm, interesting. Which book did you read Daisy? I'm curious as to your reasoning for typing Dostoyevsky EIE. I get the Ti in Kafka but it could be his role quite developed and strengthened by subtype, there is a huge amount of feeling behind what he writes but for me it is about truth, humour and moral kind of ideas and also stands independent of everything like Fi, ah, it's hard for me to explain myself about Kafka. I don't see his work as existential either or nihilistic, just the bizarreness of reality, like he goes right through surrealism and abstraction back into realism but he takes the surreal feelings and makes it logical and realistic, like dreams described as if they were real life. That's why it is so startling/exciting. It's undiscoverable. But that's just my opinion obviously. I can imagine also for a man in past times it was (though still is in my country a fair bit) expected that he does not express his emotions freely and may come across as a more thinking type, or was encouraged to do so.

There's one story in his diary I think of when he was at the swimming somewhere, at a pool i think, and because he was so scrawny some man mistook him for a servant boy and ordered him to go take a boat and row across to the other side of a river or something to fetch the man's belongings. Kafka complied without hesitation, adapting himself to the role and fervently undertook the task to the best of his ability. That is the kind of sense of humour that I am not sure an EIE would have. Liking to be invisible, flexibly shape-changing, submitting completely and in so doing never giving away himself, that is why I am so fascinated by him. Isn't it delta's who kind of delight in being invisible or at least have no problems with it?

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree on Dostoyevsky being EIE. I think the Russian socionists got it right in saying that he is EII. Kafka is interesting because he does come across as an introvert yet his heavy existentialism obscures type. I really liked his Metamorphosis. At any rate, i don't think he is EIE, but I doubt he is the same type as Dostoyevsky.
    Is there a thread for Dostoyevsky? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Dostpyevsky was either an e7 with a lot of 4 or 4 with a lot of 7, hence the gambling, probably 478, like me, either way vastly different from Kafka who was either 459 or 469 imo.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read Metamorphosis in the native language (German) of Franz Kafka at school.
    Based from what I remember the protagonist is -PoLR and has -demonstrative. And the story is quite , because ist is focused on relationships between different people.
    Kafka tryied to process his own emotional problems by wirting that novel, afaik.

Kafka has a good grip on , EII as type for him is at least likely.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Kafka say about Dostoyevsky that he is a blood relative? I know an EIE writer who relates profoundly to Dostoyevsky. But EII? The study of the human soul is EIE's forte, and for me Dostoyevsky is a good example of that, you might think he is Fi because he thinks and writes a lot about Good/Evil and unfairness but the EIEs I knew are also concerned about that. It is also clear that his books are Ni heavy (not the demonstrative kind) and his character in Crime and Punishment Raskolnikov is also EIE. Also he is very empathetic, he is Fe ego, like from Gulenko description "The EIE has a deep capacity for emotions and acutely feels the state of other people. Artistic, sublime, and romantic in his feelings" isn't that similar to Dostoyevsky? It is imo. There is also Stratiyevskaya description, which touches good points imo "To study the human soul, to see the source of a person's pain and sufferings, to show the depth of his experiences and emotions, to understand the emotional motives behind a person's behavior with all their apparent contradictions – in this the EIE sees his predistination". EIIs are far from this. Same for Kafka imo.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read bottom->top:

edit: I conclude IEI
    Last edited by Quez; 04-24-2020 at 07:30 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12