Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESI-Fi and self-realization

According to Gulenko, ESI-Fis "can realize himself in applied arts and cultural work." Can any ESI-Fi or anyone that knows an ESI-Fi attest to this? Why can the Fi subtype realize themselves through such things and, say, not any other type?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Accoutre:
    Furniture, clothing, equipment

Conservationists:
    Probably some ESIs in the list
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conservationists
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SEI-H
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought upon reading your post is because Fi has that Normielizer lean. Nationalism and conservativeness is in their alley. So that could be one thing. Arts could be super straightforward and just a job though idk if it’s just my experience but idea of art mirroring culture in art groups is just too heavy. Those kinds of scene are also not very conceptual that you’ll even be guilty of just letting your ideas roam free and be original and make the art look good. That doesn’t seem enough and what they are looking for. It’s always like you have to make it reflect the current condition here, make a statement about problems that we experience here, showcase elements from here, and express what life is here. Always here. They are quite focused on nationalism, preserving culture because it’s very close to their heart. I guess through art an ESI-Fi can show what they care about and preserve and protect it from revolutionary innovative invaders which include their dual lol.

I remember that time clearly. Those traditional jewelries and textiles made by underprivileged local artists. And the patterns cannot be altered and are the same ones commonly used by ancestors. Weaving those patterns with natives. It was kinda fun, you’ll just start to think how they can survive for long. It seems like the problem is people take their designs and mass produce them without crediting the artists. Plus they’re too old and people prefer modern, but to them adding modern elements just to be profitable feels like destroying their culture. And when people make it a trendy thing some items are used in the wrong purpose like this is just supposed to be worn on weddings or this is just done during funeral etc etc so it feels like their ancestors and spirit friends are being disrespected too.
    Last edited by one; 11-08-2023 at 08:07 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strong Fi and Si are great for applied arts. You need patience and attention to detail.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    My first thought upon reading your post is because Fi has that Normielizer lean. Nationalism and conservativeness is in their alley. So that could be one thing. Arts could be super straightforward and just a job though idk if it’s just my experience but idea of art mirroring culture in art groups is just too heavy. Those kinds of scene are also not very conceptual that you’ll even be guilty of just letting your ideas roam free and be original and make the art look good. That doesn’t seem enough and what they are looking for. It’s always like you have to make it reflect the current condition here, make a statement about problems that we experience here, showcase elements from here, and express what life is here. Always here. They are quite focused on nationalism, preserving culture because it’s very close to their heart. I guess through art an ESI-Fi can show what they care about and preserve and protect it from revolutionary innovative invaders which include their dual lol.

I remember that time clearly. Those traditional jewelries and textiles made by underprivileged local artists. And the patterns cannot be altered and are the same ones commonly used by ancestors. Weaving those patterns with natives. It was kinda fun, you’ll just start to think how they can survive for long. It seems like the problem is people take their designs and mass produce them without crediting the artists. Plus they’re too old and people prefer modern, but to them adding modern elements just to be profitable feels like destroying their culture. And when people make it a trendy thing some items are used in the wrong purpose like this is just supposed to be worn on weddings or this is just done during funeral etc etc so it feels like their ancestors and spirit friends are being disrespected too.
    I don't think ESIs are normally conservative and nationalists. That's more ST types. Actually in one of gulenkos lists , ESI were ranked in high in liking strangers. Its a method for FI types to get rid of their eccessive social obligations.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

F-S - dealing with people, manual work
    examples: shop trading, beauty services, reception in organisations, medicine

The common approach is the idea that its easier to do occupations in strong functions regions. That you may achieve higher results there too. If you suppose yourself as average in abbilities (it's seen since shool time). If want to live by common life, what mb best for such people.
    But it's about average case and not absolute recommendation. In some cases it's possibly to have other predispositions, besides Jung types, for occupations. It's possibly to do occupations in a way which more relies on your strong functions and other predispositions. It's possibly to develop good in weak regions too (even based much on weak nonvalued regions), by the cost of more efforts.

As examples of unusual by type choices which leaded to good results are dancers, figure skaters which have Ni types. These occupations are accented on body control by its subjective perception - much of Si.
    Nikolay Tsiskaridze (ENFJ) is famous dancer. Though, it's partly on F what his does, not totall misfit by functions.
    Exist examples when people are not bad in valued weak functions.
    Zhores Alferov (ENFJ) - physicist
    There are popular movie actors with T types, while the profession is closer to F.

Also
    If to think not about achievements, but about own good feeling - occupations in weak valued regions may be better, as this not predisposes the type to accentuate further, what leads to lesser neuroticism.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    F-S - dealing with people, manual work
    examples: shop trading, beauty services, reception in organisations, medicine

The common approach is the idea that its easier to do occupations in strong functions regions. That you may achieve higher results there too. If you suppose yourself as average in abbilities (it's seen since shool time). If want to live by common life, what mb best for such people.
    But it's about average case and not absolute recommendation. In some cases it's possibly to have other predispositions, besides Jung types, for occupations. It's possibly to do occupations in a way which more relies on your strong functions and other predispositions. It's possibly to develop good in weak regions too (even based much on weak nonvalued regions), by the cost of more efforts.

As examples of unusual by type choices which leaded to good results are dancers, figure skaters which have Ni types. These occupations are accented on body control by its subjective perception - much of Si.
    Nikolay Tsiskaridze (ENFJ) is famous dancer. Though, it's partly on F what his does, not totall misfit by functions.
    Exist examples when people are not bad in valued weak functions.
    Zhores Alferov (ENFJ) - physicist
    There are popular movie actors with T types, while the profession is closer to F.

Also
    If to think not about achievements, but about own good feeling - occupations in weak valued regions may be better, as this not predisposes the type to accentuate further, what leads to lesser neuroticism.
    Sometimes it's just about genetics. For example, I have a really high VO2-max inherited from my father, so I was really good at cycling. It doesn't have anything to do with my socionics functions, and I actually didn't even have to train a lot until I reach almost pro level. I didn't even know this until I was 13 and casually tried a mountain bike race, and I almost won.

My ESI friend is 2.05 meters so he was naturally "good" at basketball, but sucked at cycling uphill, even though theoretically cycling uphill would require . Whereas I'm short so I basketball was impossible for me. I also sucked incredibly at tennis, I just couldn't hit the ball, didn't see its timing, but I was naturally good at dancing and gymastics. Go figure.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't think ESIs are normally conservative and nationalists. That's more ST types. Actually in one of gulenkos lists , ESI were ranked in high in liking strangers. Its a method for FI types to get rid of their eccessive social obligations.
    I'd say they're like most Gamma's actually. They are all more inclined to more "Universal" ethical codes and standards. As one myself I can say there's a reason I'm "Catholic" over all the other flavors of Christianity.

However, don't mistake a desire to be "nice" for weakness or a lack of a capacity for violence. "Meekness" is seen as weakness by those who don't get its true meaning. C.S. Lewis spoke of Lancelot for this reason. He was the meekest exactly because he was the most capable of violence among them. He most desperately desired to not be violent yet, if the situation absolutely required violence, ya just couldn't outdo him as he effortlessly gutted you.

The "meek" do not avoid violence because of cowardice or weakness. Rather, they know the cost of that absolutely assured victory and seek to avoid it if possible. The average, fully integrated and securely attached Gammas are like that. Fully capable of ending you either socially (SEE and ESI's) or materially (LIE and ILI's) yet would rather not because doing so because of how much doing that hurt everyone including themselves.

People like me are nationalistic and conservative because that's how you best avoid the worst case scenarios when dealing with fallen human nature. I said it best in a post in another thread. If you, a stranger in a strange land, come upon a group of other people in a spirit of eagerness to learn their ways and joy in becoming welcome into their fold they won't outright kill you. Indeed, they'll likely welcome you with open arms and love you in short order. Only consistent negative experiences in regards to encountering "the other" will make them kill you on sight without giving you that chance.

So it is for the Gamma. The Stranger hasn't done anything to hurt us yet so they get the benefit of the doubt. Yet trust extended sight unseen is subjected to the harshest evaluation. Return it and you have friends/a lover for life. Betray it and, well, that whole "tied hands" issue gets displayed really good and hard. Like I said, beware the meek and mistake their mercy for weakness or stupidity at thine own peril. Those who make overtures of mercy often do so from a position of unassailable strength. Spurn the mercy? Get introduced to the harsh reason why most people with half a braincell accept it without hesitation for likely the last time. Infinite is his Mercy, but perfect and unavoidable is his Justice.
    Last edited by End; 12-31-2023 at 12:39 PM.

TIM
    ESI-Se sp416 FVEL
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I'm not an ESI-Fi (I'm an ESI-Se), I relate to this heavily. For me, applied arts/cultural work combines things I care a lot about/are strong at (people, history, art in general). Not only that, but since I already like working with my hands it's a no brainer for me. My dream job is to be an anthropologist or a museum curator, so there's cultural work and applied arts for you. I know an ESI-Fi, and he's going into UX and web design. UX design requires a good understanding of people, and since he's so detail oriented he finds web design enjoyable (as do I, it's something we've bonded over!)

TIM
    esi-fi evfl sp461
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a esi-fi, art has always been an important thing to me. I loved art growing up, I would always draw on my papers ( and still do)!
    I love the idea of me expressing myself indirectly: I imagine myself making songs that would talk about my past, events in my life that contribute to why I am the way I am today, to show people my character in a way I don’t have to explicitly say it directly. The idea of other people listening and also relating to it is pleasing to me as well.
    Art is a personal thing to me and involves people and emotion , which is up my alley. I’ve always expressed myself through my drawings growing up and I don’t see myself stopping that anytime soon. I also love making things look aesthetically pleasing , even my school presentation slides lol

Maybe I'm a Lion
    TIM
    ESI-Fi 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by virtualization View Post
    As a esi-fi, art has always been an important thing to me. I loved art growing up, I would always draw on my papers ( and still do)!
    I love the idea of me expressing myself indirectly: I imagine myself making songs that would talk about my past, events in my life that contribute to why I am the way I am today, to show people my character in a way I don’t have to explicitly say it directly. The idea of other people listening and also relating to it is pleasing to me as well.
    Art is a personal thing to me and involves people and emotion , which is up my alley. I’ve always expressed myself through my drawings growing up and I don’t see myself stopping that anytime soon. I also love making things look aesthetically pleasing , even my school presentation slides lol
    Would you consider yourself a spiritual person (define spiritual however you'd like)?
    Last edited by Great; 06-01-2024 at 12:54 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think this is just one of many Socionics claims with nothing empirical behind them.

Alternative topic: explain how this is NOT true for ILE-Ne subtype.

...there's nothing empirical behind that, either.