Quote Originally Posted by Joy
That wouldn't be worth the effort... I pretty much use Model A, except that there really aren't any unconscious functions because between the two types in the dual pair, all of the functions are conscious. If, for example, I'm thinking of Si in Alpha rationals, I'm thinking of how the ESFj fulfills the INTj's hidden agenda. If I'm thinking of Fi in Gamma rationals, I'm thinking of how the ISFj fulfills the ENTj's dual seeking function. With functions that aren't quadra values, however, I think of the corresponding function that is a quadra value, which would be the 3rd & 5th or 4th & 6th. For example, if I'm thinking of Si in Gamma rationals, I'm thinking of how the ISFj's Se covers the ENTj's Si PoLR.

So... I guess I don't see functions as being static within Model A, I instead see the interactions of functions between dual pairs.
I think that's an useful approach.

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
X : Ganin's Model which contains the valuable functions (1256).
It's interesting because it's based on quadra values, but some people (perhaps not Ganin himself) suggest that these four functions may be equally strong, which is a mistake.

I go for model A, paying attention to quadra values as Joy mentioned and even model X, and also to temperaments. Smilingeyes's model is useful although I don't agree with all of it. To define temperaments, I go for my own interpretation of static/dynamic + rational/irrational = temperament.