Quote Originally Posted by stevENTj
This is fascinating. I've been pondering INTp/ESFp dynamics lately and this hits on it pretty good. I've been sorta comparing and contrasting INTp and ESFp vs ISFj.

Critics have a great many thoughts about a lot of things. This would just be the tip of the iceberg but it's almost as if the ISFj is "Guarding" the INTp and shielding their non Fe sensitive thoughts from the world which can and will cause uproars (although the ISFj likes said thoughts and ideas), whereas an ESFp would be the exact opposite and trying to create a political movement (a cause to fight for) based on it and not shy about expressing those thoughts to the world at all.

I hate to spoil things, but this sounds a bit to litteraly... (ISFJ the guardian, ESFP the politician)

And also it's not how the mutual feeling in these relationships have their origin...

example:
The reason for feeling protected in dual relationship is because your counscious recognizes the part of reality that is perceived by the partner as the part of reality that your own subcounscious can't handle well enough. So it doesn't take any concrete (protective) action of the partner to give you the feeling of protection, like i'm reading in your explanation.