Re: Garden State
Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
Yeah, that was a tossup between Beta and Alpha for me. I think it has a more Alpha childish feel overall, but for some reason it screams IEI to me.
I certainly think that an IEI could extrapolate romantic themes from the movie, but Andrew, the protagonist (LII), has a HA, as can be seen in his epiphany about his use of anti-depressants and the state of his own happiness. Andrew shows democratic qualities in his jugdments of others (his friend is a gravedigger). At the party, Andrew mostly keeps to himself, but shows signs of emotions as a result of a kiss from spin-the-bottle. Also, he is attracted to, in a natural state of ignorance of the duality, to the talkative and -friendly Sam (ESE). Sam acts as a societal plug for Andrew and provides him with much needed in a way that creates a familial sense of comfort .

Again, it is not hard for the IEI to find romantic or Beta qualities to the movie, but I am not sure if there are any real Beta characters present in the movie and the themes are quite Alpha. The sort of quirky and odd humor () present in the film is also indicative of Alpha over Beta.