Thread: Alpha Quadra Movies and TV Shows

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Quoted stuff is always in italics - not sure if that screwed up your rating system or not.
    It totally did.

The only ones I didn't italicize (because I haven't seen them, was Charlie Bartlett, Secondhand Lions, and Senseless).
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I don't know if I'm Alpha, but here are some of the movies that I really like:

- A Beautiful Mind
    - The Big Lebowski
    - Back to the Future
    - The Game
    - The Departed
    - The Usual Suspects
    - Stranger than Fiction.

Jason
    I think most of them are Alpha. "Back to the Future" and "The Big Lebowski" (are mainly Alpha but) lean towards Delta, and "The Departed" could be Gamma, imo. The rest are predominately Alpha.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't go through and check, but anything by Pixar that I can think of.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's Just Not That into you
    Away We Go
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeros View Post
    These movies I enjoyed lately, I wait for your approval to classify them as Alpha:

- 30 Days Of Night
    - Cronos
    - Dead Man (me and other Alphas love it, but I know people from Delta with the same opinion)
    - Frankenstein (the one with De Niro)
    - From Hell
    - Kill Bill
    - Max Payne
    - Mr Bean (almost all)
    - Quo Vadis (I think different people value different things in it)
    - Snuff Box
    - The Passion Of Christ
    - anything with a plot in Britain or France in the 19th century, better if they contain killers or promiscuity
    - anything happening in ancient Greece, but virtually all movies on this topic are crap, "Troy" and "300" being representative examples (at least I'm happy they are not named "Iliad" and "The Battle of Thermopylae"). I saw a cool one many years ago, about Oedipus, I think it was a Greek movie.
    that's the only one on your list that I've seen... it's good but idk about it being an "alpha" movie. the rest are not my type of movies (not saying that this doesn't make them alpha, just that we definately don't have the same taste in movies. These all seem way too heavy, gothic, or horror related for me to be able to enjoy. Bean being the exception.)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-bg

yeah, I do think that alot of alphas like Kill Bill though. technically the thread title is "movies for alpha people" so it can go on the list

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently started watching this show. My thoughts:

Ned: H-LII. The themes of alienation and being detached from the world, observing the world as an outsider, are stereotypically LII. Chuck uses her Fe to stir his typically placid emotions, and "brings him to life" in a way, which is fitting considering the show's theme.

Chuck: C-ESE. SEI is also plausible, I think, but I lean toward ESE. Ned and Emerson both try to keep her from coming along on their cases at first, but she refuses to be dissuaded, in a very EJ manner. As I mentioned before, her strong Fe brings Ned to life metaphorically, in the same way he brought her back to life literally. Furthermore, her Si is clearly shown by her literal Caregiver role with her aunts, which she finds a way to continue even while pretending to still be dead.

Emerson: I'm not entirely sure, but I get an Se-valuing IJ temperament impression from him, so perhaps LSI or ESI? He serves as a foil for all the Alpha-ness of the two leads, so he's almost certainly not Alpha, anyway.

Olive: I got an impression of ESE at first, and it's possible that she's a different subtype of ESE from Chuck (perhaps D-ESE?). Alternatively, I've been considering Gamma SF, but that seems unlikely given her unrequited love for Ned, an LII. Maybe EIE or something?

Overall, while I quite enjoy the characters, I find that the vague dreamlike/story book/fairy-tale-esque setting makes it difficult to create any real drama or tension in the plot, leaving me feeling somewhat unfulfilled by the show.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-male

Default This video contains MOUNTAINS OF Fe

Well, the song in the video.

"And what shall I tell your sweet love, dear?"
    "Tell 'er I'm dead, and in grave laid, and the grass is growing green."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default funniest Ne shit

I love these guys, they are so alpha. Especially Simon, the one telling the story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know you hate this bullshit but seriously, BG. You are such a fucking ISFp.

TIM
    IIEE so/sp 4w5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. First half is textbook Alpha.
    Know I'm mistyped?

Why I am now.
    Why I was , once.

DISCLAIMER
    The statements expressed in this signature may not necessarily reflect reality.

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if I'm an alpha like many here seem to think, then I'll list some of my favorites:

Dirty Dancing, Serendipity, Top Gun, Blade Runner, Memento, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Machinist, Ink, Grandma's Boy.

I could list a few more, but *shrug* that should give an idea.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, so Alpha NT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hijacked my sibling's account, I'm an ISFp. . .

I watched Away We Go awhileago, and later (when I was more educated on socionics) realized that is was a very alpha-ish movie.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

these short video clips fitting with Alpha quadra theme

City Paradise

Zero

Zerebrale Dichotomie - a non-scientific approach to explain how decisions are made.

Nuit Blanche.
    Last edited by silke; 03-04-2014 at 05:23 PM.

TIM
    ILE-Ne (+ennea6)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno if it was mentioned in the old thread (mentioned in the 1st post)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloudy_...e_of_Meatballs

The movie was like... OMG! Somebody who made this knew socionics very well!
    The movie depicts Alpha in the most alphian way I've ever seen.

Please, see it for yourselves

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by invalid user View Post
    Dunno if it was mentioned in the old thread (mentioned in the 1st post)
    The first post was in 2007. The movie wasn't released until 2009 according to the page YOU linked.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    Zero
    Well that video was depressing! Zero needed to like get some superpowers and get vengeance upon all those people who had bullied him. And in the end, they didn't even change the system or prejudices that people had, they just said, "Oh, yeah, we've got an infinity now. So we're better than you?"
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    ILE-Ne (+ennea6)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiro View Post
    The first post was in 2007. The movie wasn't released until 2009 according to the page YOU linked.
    Pardon my Ni7.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8-6-4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackass?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Alpha Books and Movies

My nephew is SEI and he loves any cartoon, animation, that's fantasy, this is the third time he watches 'how to train a dragon" and "hotel Transylvania." I've also noticed a lot of fantasy like books and movies being watched by SEI; can you name any?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Exterminating Angel (Bunuel)

Lost in Translation (Coppola)

Fanny and Alexander (Bergman)...mixed Alpha/Beta vibes? It strikes me as a bit more Alpha-friendly at the beginning (with bits of Beta drama/exhibitionism every now and then)..and gradually more Beta as the story progresses..

Last edited by suedehead; 03-03-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe this documentary...? both me and my SO enjoyed watching it
    Last edited by aisa; 02-28-2015 at 06:19 AM.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they say that Chris is ESE and Jackie is SEI.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk if it was already mentioned (too lazy to browse through 4 pages...) but...
    Those films are not necessarily "stricly Alpha", but these are some of the ones both me & my SO very much enjoyed and watched more than once.
    Basically any Superhero film and we're up for in the cinema

Men In Black series

Matrix series
    that's my SO's favourite film and favourite scene

Iron Man series
    we both really like it, but I absolutely Iron Man

Batman series

also Spiderman, Superman... I could go on...
    Last edited by aisa; 02-28-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://youtu.be/nlvYKl1fjBI

it was apparently a financial flop in the US... we enjoyed watching it nevertheless it was entertaining

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

La Dolce Vita, although it was more of a commentary on the debauchery of elite society than something quadra-specific. Marcello might have been an SEI, which is one of a few things that stood out to me as possibly being alpha. I'd be interested in hearing about Fellini's type as well.
    Last edited by xerx; 03-18-2014 at 07:07 AM.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aisa View Post

http://youtu.be/nlvYKl1fjBI

it was apparently a financial flop in the US... we enjoyed watching it nevertheless it was entertaining
    Have you seen breaking bad?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    Have you seen breaking bad?
    nope, I've heard about it though. I've read the general outline of the plot and it made me cringe, so I decided I don't feel like watching it.
    Why?

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, I've heard about it though. I've read the general outline of the plot and it made me cringe, so I decided I don't feel like watching it.
    Why?
    cringe? what exactly about it? the characters in the show are very organic and unpredictable

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cringe? what exactly about it? the characters in the show are very organic and unpredictable
    the very idea of becoming what is essentially a drug dealer is what made me cringe and it still does, to me it's "selling one's soul" and pretty much reading the general storyline gave me a similar nauseating feel I had after watching "The Wolf of Wall Street" (even though the initial reasons of the "Breaking Bad" character's were more "noble").

To me film/series is also about the main idea not only the fact whether characters are organic or not. And the main idea for this show is just sth that I don't feel like watching.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the very idea of becoming what is essentially a drug dealer is what made me cringe and it still does, to me it's "selling one's soul" and pretty much reading the general storyline gave me a similar nauseating feel I had after watching "The Wolf of Wall Street" (even though the initial reasons of the "Breaking Bad" character's were more "noble").

To me film/series is also about the main idea not only the fact whether characters are organic or not. And the main idea for this show is just sth that I don't feel like watching.
    you are a lot like me with your pessimism, I reject a lot of stuff when the premise seems dumb but lately I've started to be more open minded and that is how I got to enjoy breaking bad. Actual breaking bad is less about dealing meth and the teacher. I don't want to give spoilers but for the most the Walter White is clueless about drug dealing ''reality'' seeing the industry from a very different perspective.

wolf of wall street is retarded, I only enjoy the boobs that would pop up here and there but that is more of my penis doing a lot of the ''thinking'', I just didn't enjoy it.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aisa I'm a strong pessimist so I don't like it when somebody assumes I'll enjoy something and then I watch and feel meh, I fill like the person has just wasted precious seconds of my life, I won't take any recommendation from them again. I'd be happy if you could find a credible reason to hate it as opposed to a judgement from an ignorant point of view.

Watch box cutter, it sets the tone for the awestruck/emotional roller-coaster that characterises the show
    Last edited by Soupman; 03-19-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are a lot like me with your pessimism, I reject a lot of stuff when the premise seems dumb but lately I've started to be more open minded and that is how I got to enjoy breaking bad. Actual breaking bad is less about dealing meth and the teacher. I don't want to give spoilers but for the most the Walter White is clueless about drug dealing ''reality'' seeing the industry from a very different perspective.
    it's not really pessimism, it's more of a key to choosing what I watch, it usually works for me - and when I do force myself to watch sth because other people enjoyed it while I predicted I wouldn't like it... it usually turns out my initial feeling was right. It might sound like confirmation bias, but really it is not, I just more or less know and can predict my reactions.

It's not that I wouldn't appreciate the acting or a well-written scenario - I once saw about half an episode of "Breaking Bad" by accident and it looked well-made, quite intelligent and with some humour. But sometimes sth's "off" and this one thing is what will make me feel somewhat disgusted after watching some films. It's just how I "work"

since you do sound quite convincing I might give it one more chance though and actually watch an episode... but it's not a promise

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be happy if you could find a credible reason to hate it as opposed to a judgement from an ignorant point of view.
    lol, you have an uncanny ability of trying to be nice while still (albeit unconciously) writing it sometimes in such a manner that just sounds a bit unpleasant

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, you have an uncanny ability of trying to be nice while still (albeit unconciously) writing it sometimes in such a manner that just sounds a bit unpleasant
    At least you know my heart is in the right place

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast