Where did the EIE typing come from in the first place? I looked at a list on the Internet and found her in the SLE category, strangely enough. I support EIE, though.

I don't see the basis for ESI. The whole idea of going and doing something as controversial and provocative as she did and attracting so much bad attention to herself (as "Hanoi Jane") is very un- . That's like an type publicly demonstrating how weak and pathetic he is. What Fonda did may have resonated with chest-beating activists, but it totally went against societal values.

Maybe that in and of itself isn't very convincing, but the video is full of other info. When talking about the cause of her strained relationship with her daughter, she says that she was at home but was never "there." She was "outside of herself," out there doing something in the world that had no relation to herself, her soul, her inner interests, etc. What she did for her daughter was organize her external activities (her own words), but she did not give her focused attention. That to me sounds totally extraverted.

When asked why she got along with her son, she answered that they took him everywhere with them. ESIs are good at giving direct, focused attention to people, and organization of external activities isn't their forte. Everything Fonda says emphasizes her activeness and busyness in all sorts of external activities even at age 70.

When Fonda asked her daughter to film a short movie about her life, her daughter replied, "why don't you just put a chameleon on the lens and let it walk around." "Ouch," Fonda says to Barbara Walters, "that really hurt." The sense of being a chameleon and lacking an inner "core" (which she claims to have finally found through religion and spirituality) is so typical of EIEs.

In several places Barbara Walters asks Fonda what she "feels" about certain things. Fonda evades the "feeling" part and talks about her observations.

Finally, in the roles she plays, Fonda externally displays strong, contrasting emotions and passions. It's always her directing her emotional displays at someone else.