Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan A View Post
    I don't see Fi in him (strong convictions, moral judgement, psychological distance). I'm not an expert with typing but to me Eminem is ISTj, his lyrics are more detached analyses of society than Fi-related "confessions" so to speak. Take something like "Criminal":

My words are like a dagger with a jagged edge
    That'll stab you in the head
    Whether you're a fag or lez
    Or the homosex, hermaph or a trans-a-vest
    Pants or dress, hate fags?
    The answer's "yes"
    Homophobic?
    Nah, you're just heterophobic
    Starin at my jeans, watchin' my genitals bulgin'

Seems more of a logical type to me.
    I think so too. People are associating aggression and feeling with FiSe which technically speaking makes prototypical sense but the whole picture does not seem to be taken into account. You cannot exclusively equate general emotional reactivity with feeling types.. at the end of the day we're all human beings, regardless of the way we metabolize information (re: typology) and CP6s of any type are always going to be obtusely combative.

Eminem is notably analytical. Even the way he describes his songwriting and rhyming words in particular is distinctly .
    He essentially approaches it as a science/body of information one's supposed to break down, talked about how he'd be thinking of words that potentially rhyme with one another all day long, how he'd carry this vocabulary with him so that he could have as many words as possible in his disposal in order to quote-in-quote lock them away in his mind and about how he'd (and still does) physically keep around a stupefying amount of small pieces of paper with rhymes and/or phrases he could use in the future.

Habitually treating understanding and rhyming words in such an objective way as if it were a cipher to be cracked doesn't seem > ... at all. His most "emotional" songs also simply read like analysis paralysis which is quite congruent with manifestation of neurosis in Ti egos more than anything. His whole disposition screams -seeking and i mean this in a bad way since the fxn seems to be distinctly not well-developed.
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT
    I'M YOUR NIGHTMARE COMING TRUE

I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT

I AM YOUR UNCONSCIOUSNESS
    I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    I AM YOUR BELIEF UNWROUGHT
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT
    I'M THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF GOD

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by serenaeva View Post
    His whole disposition screams -seeking and i mean this in a bad way since the fxn seems to be distinctly not well-developed.
    His disposition seem nothing like Fe-seeking since mood of Fe seeking individuals changes according to the people who surronds them. Eminem's mood doesn't change much according to people who surrond him.

TIM
    ESI-Se 4w3 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    His disposition seem nothing like Fe-seeking since mood of Fe seeking individuals changes according to the people who surronds them. Eminem's mood doesn't change much according to people who surrond him.
    According to who? Fe inferiority is not associated with remarkable likeliness to be yielding towards the social atmosphere at all, especially not with LSIs due to Ni/Se > Si/Ne axis's comparative intensity and valuing of . Most notably in cases where the person of aforementioned type is still young and immature, it's more so linked to general insensitivity and assholery. They might have the ability to consciously explore the realm of external slash public display of feeling and sentiment but they would not necessarily be inspired to adapt accordingly.

What you're describing is a more mature and ideal potential exemplification of Fe-seeking behavior. Also much more likely to be commonly found in LIIs because of PoLR (conflict-averse in comparison to PoLR individuals' idiosyncratic low agreeableness). You wouldn't be seeking the to begin with if you were at least naturally semi-good at using the fxn in of yourself with no strings attached the way an Fe ego would.
    I AM YOUR HOLY TOTEM
    I AM YOUR SICK TABOO
    RADICAL AND RADIANT
    I'M YOUR NIGHTMARE COMING TRUE

I AM YOUR WORST ENEMY
    I AM YOUR DEAREST FRIEND
    MALIGNANTLY MALEVOLENT
    I AM OF DIVINE DESCENT

I AM YOUR UNCONSCIOUSNESS
    I AM UNRESTRAINED EXCESS
    METAMORPHIC RESTLESSNESS
    I'M YOUR UNEXPECTEDNESS

I AM YOUR APOCALYPSE
    I AM YOUR BELIEF UNWROUGHT
    MONOLITHIC JUGGERNAUT

STRAY BULLET
    FROM THE HEAVENS ABOVE
    STRAY BULLET
    READY OR NOT
    I'M THE ILLEGITIMATE SON OF GOD

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to who? Fe inferiority is not associated with remarkable likeliness to be yielding towards the social atmosphere at all, especially not with LSIs due to Ni/Se > Si/Ne axis's comparative intensity and valuing of . Most notably in cases where the person of aforementioned type is still young and immature, it's more so linked to general insensitivity and assholery.

What you're describing is a more mature and ideal potential exemplification of Fe-seeking behavior. Also much more likely to be commonly found in LIIs because of PoLR (conflict-averse in comparison to PoLR individuals' idiosyncratic low agreeableness).
    I don't know why you calling it an "inferiority" because seeking doesn't equal to that. According to most established models of socionics, Fe seeking is exactly being yielding towards emotional atmosphere since according to model A, seeking function is accepting, subconscious and valued. Perception functions doesn't change that. LSI may not show the playfulness, joy or enthusiasm that Ne/Si types are prone to have and yield in that area. However, they would be affected by Fe that's why they are Fe seeking, if not that means they don't seek anything. Both LxI types are more prone to be disagreeable, LSIs are not prone to be more disagreeable than LIIs or vice versa.

Eminem isn't young, still doesn't get affected by emotional atmosphere.

TIM
    ILI-C
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so too. People are associating aggression and feeling with FiSe which technically speaking makes prototypical sense but the whole picture does not seem to be taken into account. You cannot exclusively equate general emotional reactivity with feeling types.. at the end of the day we're all human beings, regardless of the way we metabolize information (re: typology) and CP6s of any type are always going to be obtusely combative.

Eminem is notably analytical. Even the way he describes his songwriting and rhyming words in particular is distinctly .
    He essentially approaches it as a science/body of information one's supposed to break down, talked about how he'd be thinking of words that potentially rhyme with one another all day long, how he'd carry this vocabulary with him so that he could have as many words as possible in his disposal in order to quote-in-quote lock them away in his mind and about how he'd (and still does) physically keep around a stupefying amount of small pieces of paper with rhymes and/or phrases he could use in the future.

Habitually treating understanding and rhyming words in such an objective way as if it were a cipher to be cracked doesn't seem > ... at all. His most "emotional" songs also simply read like analysis paralysis which is quite congruent with manifestation of neurosis in Ti egos more than anything. His whole disposition screams -seeking and i mean this in a bad way since the fxn seems to be distinctly not well-developed.
    That's a nice way to put it. I like how you approach this typing thing at large.