Thread: Socionics Beta types Examples

Hybrid View

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Battle Typing" is a joke term I first picked from an Adam Strange post about tendencies of high Se/aristocrats, relax. Your type and/or system were relevant because for various reasons, I had to decide whether it made more sense to respond with a more Ti or Te approach. I chose the latter, and if I were to explain why, I'm sure you would take that as a personal attack too.

I have no issue with you, but I am not interested in walking on eggshells in the Beta subforum to spare the taste in your mouth. Block whoever you have issues with, meditate, leave, I don't see why you're telling me all this. You are the common denominator in all your issues with the forum. I've been having a good time.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    I had to decide whether it made more sense to respond with a more Ti or Te approach. I chose the latter, and if I were to explain why, I'm sure you would take that as a personal attack too.
    The phrase battle typing has been used here since before 2009.

If you had the inclination, would you try to respond with a more Ti approach now? Would be cool to see the comparison.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inaLim View Post
    "Battle Typing" is a joke term I first picked from an Adam Strange post about tendencies of high Se/aristocrats,
    Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    The phrase battle typing has been used here since before 2009.
    Yes, I first heard the term from someone else.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Yes, I first heard the term from someone else.
    Would still be into reading a Ti description of why Randy is SLE.

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Would still be into reading a Ti description of why Randy is SLE.
    If we both can recognize Se & Fe Beta vibes on sight, it would go something like this:

- He is clearly an extrovert aggressor
    - Elizabeth is clearly 3D Fe ego or more
    - Archetype of brash conqueror and ultrafeminine doe eyed diplomat fits

Blah blah therefore they are SLE/SEE & IEI

This is based on implied understanding that stock archetypes aren't true enough to force people into boxes, but can be useful in the right case. I tend to use this among perceivers and less rigid rationals. Don't want people running with it and typing every "dreamy and poetic" chick IEI.

If they can't distinguish Beta vibes, but we're using the same foundations it would go something like this:

[Imagine Multiple Youtube Videos Here]

- Borrow or create a definition of Se vs Si. @[Insert Time] pay attention for Se words vs Si words. He talks about his desire for impact, minor league baseball career, competitiveness etc -> Se

- Describe romance styles, aggressor / victim vs caregiver / child-like; Beta vs Gamma. @[Insert Time] People talk about their mutual posessiveness, outward intensity, devotion, coarseness etc etc -> Beta aggressor

- Borrow or create a definition of T vs F. @[Insert Time], people describe him as hard to know, loner, direct, no bullshit, etc etc -> weak F

Blah blah, therefore he is SLE

This can get circular if you start having to debate/negotiate definitions. And a waste of time if you're dealing with a rational type who won't come off their "wrong" outsider archetypes of SLE/IEI or stereotype of Se/Fe etc.

Third option, is to deconstruct the person/group's definitions, argument, model, even belief system. I did a light version of this in the Trump thread. This is a last resort with most people, 2nd option with ExTx I think won't take it the wrong way.

Fourth option, come up with an alternate model or theory. I don't have the inclination, attention span, or suspension of disbelief for that.
    Last edited by inaLim; 01-06-2021 at 10:30 PM.