Thread: Socionics Beta types Examples

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    Are you implying Reg was on anabolics?

Reg Park didn't use anabolics in the 1940s 50s, nobody did. They couldn't have, as Metandienone (marketed as Dianabol), was simply not known as an anabolic until the 1960s. Today there are other anabolics but back then none were known until it was discovered Dianabol worked as such. It is possible Reg Park used anabolics later on in his career.

Here he is posing with Arnold. Arnold is a bit bigger in terms of muscle mass but it is about the same.

I'm not going debate who is and isn't on steroids. But they weren't known until the 1960s, hence Mr. Olympia. So bodybuilders like John Mcwilliams who achieved 20 inch arms did so without roids, believe it or not.

Here is McWilliams from a 1950 article about his arm size:

1950. Steroids weren't known!

I have to wonder why it is that you scream steroids for Reg Park, Timber, when our knowledge of anabolic steroids precludes the possibility of 1950s bodybuilders using them.

Guys like Reg Park were exceptionally gifted genetically, plus applied training principles that work for natural bodybuilders. Many bodybuilding routines are designed for guys with steroids.

Besides, Mr. Olympia comptetitors have never denied using steroids. Arnold admitted he used them his whole life, and none of the other enhanced lifters who are serious do either to my knowledge. It just wouldn't be credible to deny it, given that most of the others do. The only ones that do are Youtube fitness channel clowns that talk about "one year natural transformations". Not all youtube channels on lifting are jokes either - there are good ones too.

Maybe you should do some more research on bodybuilding before saying these kinds of things, as they reflect that you are misinformed, if that is what you are saying.

If you are not correlating Reg with steroid use, then I agree with what you are saying about the fake natties.
    Lmao.

He did. Anyone who knows what it looks like knows what I'm talking about. I give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk up your naivete to you being a young intuitive sociotype. The boy is juiced through the roof in that photo.

1950s and 1960s steroids were booming.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    1950s ... steroids were booming.
    Except you're wrong.
    Join my Enneagram Discord: https://discord.gg/ND4jCAcs

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Lmao.

He did. Anyone who knows what it looks like knows what I'm talking about. I give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk up your naivete to you being a young intuitive sociotype. The boy is juiced through the roof in that photo.

1950s and 1960s steroids were booming.
    These bodies don't register to my mind as human.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you implying Reg was on anabolics?

Reg Park didn't use anabolics in the 1940s 50s, nobody did. They couldn't have, as Metandienone (marketed as Dianabol), was simply not known as an anabolic until the 1960s. Today there are other anabolics but back then none were known until it was discovered Dianabol worked as such. It is possible Reg Park used anabolics later on in his career.

Here he is posing with Arnold. Arnold is a bit bigger in terms of muscle mass but it is about the same.

I'm not going debate who is and isn't on steroids. But they weren't known until the 1960s, hence Mr. Olympia. So bodybuilders like John Mcwilliams who achieved 20 inch arms did so without roids, believe it or not.

Here is McWilliams from a 1950 article about his arm size:

1950. Steroids weren't known!

I have to wonder why it is that you scream steroids for Reg Park, Timber, when our knowledge of anabolic steroids precludes the possibility of 1950s bodybuilders using them.

Guys like Reg Park were exceptionally gifted genetically, plus applied training principles that work for natural bodybuilders. Many bodybuilding routines are designed for guys with steroids.

Besides, Mr. Olympia comptetitors have never denied using steroids. Arnold admitted he used them his whole life, and none of the other enhanced lifters who are serious do either to my knowledge. It just wouldn't be credible to deny it, given that most of the others do. The only ones that do are Youtube fitness channel clowns that talk about "one year natural transformations". Not all youtube channels on lifting are jokes either - there are good ones too.

Maybe you should do some more research on bodybuilding before saying these kinds of things, as they reflect that you are misinformed, if that is what you are saying.

If you are not correlating Reg with steroid use, then I agree with what you are saying about the fake natties.
    "Was Reg Park a Natural Bodybuilder?
    32 comments
    | by Truth Seeker |

Reg Park was Arnold Schwarzenegger’s idol and mentor. Due to the fact that he was an old-school bodybuilder, many people use him as an example of what can be achieved naturally without the usage of anabolic steroids. We are here to tell you that those people are wrong and need to get their information in check.

Were steroids available during Reg Park’s era?
    Regardless of what your grandmother and the watered down articles say, anabolic steroids were first discovered in the early 30s and have been part of the human world ever since.

Back in 1935, Karoly Gyula David, E. Dingemanse, J. Freud and Ernst Laqueur presented a powerful hormone contained in the testes. The hormone was revealed in a paper entitled ‘‘On Crystalline Male Hormone from Testicles (Testosterone)” published in May 1935 .

The chemical synthesis of testosterone became a reality in August 1835, when Butenandt and G. Hanisch published a paper describing “A Method for Preparing Testosterone from Cholesterol.”

Clinical trials on humans, involving either oral doses or injections of testosterone propionate, began as early as 1937.

Testosterone propionate is mentioned in a letter to the editor of Strength and Health magazine in 1938. This is the earliest known reference to an anabolic steroid in a U.S. Weightlifting or bodybuilding magazine.

Reg Park’s first bodybuilding contest was Mr. Britain in 1949 which he won.

Conclusion: Steroids were available 10 years prior to Reg Park’s debut on a bodybuilding stage.

Reg Park Was As Big As Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Reg Park was as big, if not bigger on occasions, than Arnold Schwarzenegger who has admitted to steroid use in a video. In 1970, Arnold and Park competed together in NABBA Mr. Universe and took respectively first and second place.

Conclusion: Reg Park competed well against well-known steroid users in untested shows.

Reg Park Was The First Bodybuilder To Bench Press 500lbs
    In April 1954, Reg Park became the first bodybuilder to bench press 500lbs.

What was his secret…

The most legendary powerlifter of all time, Ed Coan, lifted 584lbs on the bench press weighing 220lbs. Ed Coan was also an enhanced lifter and suffered a lifetime ban in the IPF powerlifting federation.

What are the chances that a lean bodybuilder will be able to bench press 500lbs at about 235-250lbs of bodyweight naturally when a legendary powerlifter like Ed Coan did ‘only’ 84 lbs more after a lifetime dedication and drug use?

Conclusion: Reg Park had an insane strength that makes people question his natural status.

Reg Park Was 235- 250lbs at 6’1”
    The muscular development of Reg Park would win many bodybuilding competitions even today. True natural bodybuilders don’t weigh over 200lbs @ 6’1 when they are in a contest condition.

Conclusion: Reg Park was crazy big and strong, but there is a lot of information suggesting that he wasn’t a lifetime natural bodybuilder.

References:
    David K, Dingemanse E, Freud J, Laqueur L (1935). “Uber krystallinisches mannliches Hormon aus Hoden (Testosteron) wirksamer als aus harn oder aus Cholesterin bereitetes Androsteron”. Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem 233 (5–6): 281.doi:10.1515/bchm2.1935.233.5-6.281.
    Hoberman JM, Yesalis CE (1995). “The history of synthetic testosterone”.Scientific American 272 (2): 76–81. doi:10.1038/scientificamerican0295-76.PMID 7817189.
    Beyond Strong: Rip Reg Park”. Beyondstrong.typepad.com. 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2012-09-19.
    “A tribute by Arnold Schwarzenegger“. Regpark.net. Retrieved 2012-09-19."
    https://nattyornot.com/reg-park-natural-bodybuilder/

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Glenn Danzig - ESTP Zhukov

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Big Herc - INFP Yesenin ?

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cassandra Peterson (Elvira Mistress of the Dark) - INFP Yesenin

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebury View Post
    Cassandra Peterson (Elvira Mistress of the Dark) - INFP Yesenin

EIE is my primary typing. IEI is the other possibility

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nifl View Post
    EIE is my primary typing

Yeah I could see that too.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jerry Only - INFP Yesenin

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

GG Allin - ESTP Zhukov 8w7

Hilarious how he pwns that preachy "police officer". Over and over. (Second video)

2:42
    Police officer: You belong in prison
    GG: You are in prison!
    GG: In your own mind!

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Irina Smelaya - Tatarka - Yesenin

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carmen Best - ESTP Zhukov (Resigned)

Identical Inter-type Relationship

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotional support alligator for a person from the beta quadrant.

Wally may be an ESFP type who enjoys the attention of its surrounding. Warning: Do not ever try to do this with any unknown reptile!

Last edited by khcs; 08-14-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are ppl attracted to these unnatural muscly men? I remember as a young teen being drawn to eating disorders because it was an ideal of femininity... (Though that's not all it was) How is this not the opposite?

I stopped eating, they buff themselves up... What is the difference? I guess as dumb eternal victim of the patriarchy I wanted to die, but how are they not lost in a false gender ideal?

I don't wanna undermine myself in that I was in an abusive household and this was how I found freedom, but still it was terribly gendered.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    Are ppl attracted to these unnatural muscly men? I remember as a young teen being drawn to eating disorders because it was an ideal of femininity... (Though that's not all it was) How is this not the opposite?

I stopped eating, they buff themselves up... What is the difference? I guess as dumb eternal victim of the patriarchy I wanted to die, but how are they not lost in a false gender ideal?

I don't wanna undermine myself in that I was in an abusive household and this was how I found freedom, but still it was terribly gendered.
    Do you say that you "found freedom" in your abusive household by not eating, because you were exercising control over the one thing that was yours, which is your body?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-yes
    -yes
    -no, gender is not a social construct. Men feel like men in their bones, same with women for female.
    -eating disorder vs becoming strong, youthful, and healthy. Not seeing the relation. Could also be slight projection as well, abuse, eating disorder, past trauma, depression(?).

Like I said it's all vanity. Sitting at home watching tv is no different for the gene machine, at least in one path their is heart and heroism.

I'm sensing masculinity is toxic idealouge here. In what way does muscles bother, why, and can this be lived with. Finally, justify criminalizing this on principle alone, and not on lack of sociatal health framework, as in not set up for public administration of testosterone.

Finally, do you personally exercise? I don't do a lot of hobbies, but can't see how my non participation would mean those people who do them are deluding themselves. As I stated before, BB and anabolics is no different in my mind than anything else man does with his free time. I don't see the need to encompass it in pathology. For some people yes, but there are millions and millions of men who use them including woman. You would be surprised. All of them suffer from body dismorphia? Would you rather people spend their time making art? Or purchasing items? I really can't grasp your point, it sounds like it's coming from the small 'me' that's afraid to shine and afraid to let others shine in their form and fashion.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think gender is far and large a social construct but I also think a point needs to be made for gendered expressions being sexually attractive as they emphasize polarity between sexes.

Also there are many cases where bodybuilding can lead to similar eating disorders as you find in young women, in fact something that gets talked about is "bigorexia" the perception that one isn't muscular enough. Usually this affects men but even women can be affected by it. Obviously this is not everyone who is into bodybuilding, but it does exist.

Also another point needs to be made about what is "natural" and "unnataural" in terms of physique. I think we need to define what we mean by "unnatural" vs "natural" anyways, if you are talking about steroid use then see my two posts above.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think gender is far and large a social construct but I also think a point needs to be made for gendered expressions being sexually attractive as they emphasize polarity between sexes.
    Physically I'm a kibbe dramatic type, and in contrast to the myth of women having more bodyfat always being more attractive and men having more always being unattractive, I actually though attracted to men of ~15-30% bodyfats..I noticed I felt physically more comfortable with a guy who had quite some cushion to him. We never got busy. We just slept next to each other a few nights, would wake up and kiss, cuddled, etc. Cuddling is more enjoyable for me, being as long and blunt boned as I am with someone who isn't as bony, and I think that's a polarity thing. *ANYONE with ANY BODY is desirable, imo and experience* The bodyfat polarity was just one thing I noticed.

Every once in a while I think about him and wish it had worked out. He said he felt so comfortable...it just felt like we could spend the rest of our lives together, and I agreed.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reg Park - ESFJ Hugo

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Policeman - ESTP Zhukov

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@timber not everything ends in controlling people. All that stuff is coming from you. If I had all the power in the world I wouldn't criminalize bodybuilding. I would probably decriminalize a lot of stuff. I think your true enemies are better found and fought on Twitter. Given how you characterize me, I'm a cheap shot. When there is a dragon to defeat you are out aiming at chickens.

Granted, my post had "culture police" vibes, so I cannot blame you there. The culture police are insidious. They bring fear of being controlled. Puritanical.
    Last edited by marooned; 08-15-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hillary Clinton - ESTP Zhukov

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTP Zhukov

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@nanashi

I had thought the product used as the first anabolic steroid was first synthesized in the 1930s but mostly used as a medication, and not discovered as a steroid until the 1960s.

The information I was basing myself on was not entirely correct, as it seems.

So I looked it up in more detail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid#History

The development of muscle-building properties of testosterone was pursued in the 1940s, in the Soviet Union and in Eastern Bloc countries such as East Germany, where steroid programs were used to enhance the performance of Olympic and other amateur weight lifters.
    In response to the success of Russian weightlifters, the U.S. Olympic Team physician John Ziegler worked with synthetic chemists to develop an AAS with reduced androgenic effects.[192] Ziegler's work resulted in the production of methandrostenolone, which Ciba Pharmaceuticals marketed as Dianabol. The new steroid was approved for use in the U.S. by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1958. It was most commonly administered to burn victims and the elderly. The drug's off-label users were mostly bodybuilders and weight lifters.
    Testosterone propionate was discovered as a steroid in the 1930s, as the article you quoted says. However, it seems that it had mainly been used by the Soviet Union and East Bloc countries. The West had another steroid, which was described in 1955, patented in 1957, and marketed in 1958 (see the wikipedia article about Methandrostenolone - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metandienone#History)

However, this article says Testosterone Propionate was first used in 1938 and approved of by the FDA in 1939.

Testosterone was in use in 1938 and approved by the FDA in 1939.
    https://www.empowerpharmacy.com/drug...nate-injection

I was thinking of Dianabol (Methandrostenolone) as having been synthesized in the 1930s and not discovered as an anabolic until the 1960s. I had Dianabol mixed up with Testosterone Propionate, which was the compound synthesized in the 1930s.

I agree that benching 500lbs is hard to imagine for a natural lifter. Most enhanced lifters don't bench that. I have to wonder, in Reg's case, less about steroid use and more about inflated stats. Which isn't to say he didn't use steroids, since they were available. But nonetheless the use of steroids in Arnold and Reg isn't comparable to that of pro bodybuilders today. It isn't objective to compare them to the Rich Pianas out there (not that that is what you were doing, just pointing that out nonetheless).

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'roid rangers are a big yikes from me

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oath of solitude View Post
    'roid rangers are a big yikes from me
    WTF am I watching...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susan Rice - ESTP Zhukov

Last edited by khcs; 08-20-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rachel Maddow - ISTJ Gorky

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ibram X. Kendi - ENFJ Hamlet

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Rachel Maddow - ISTJ Gorky

I think she's ILE.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    I think she's ILE.
    No.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Nope.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack Dorsey - INFP Yesenin

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rachel Maddow - ISTJ Gorky - She has got balls

Last edited by khcs; 08-21-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rachel Maddow - ISTJ Gorky - She has got balls

this is the main, major problem with current news reporting in todays age. its no longer the news, its curated opinion about the news. because the news is not the news, its different perspectives of the events, and people now want to be handled through the info wars.

Spend maybe 4-10 months away from the news networks, then turn them back on. After the hiakus its super easy to see how they are subtle - not so subtle propaganda.

Is Rachel Maddow a lesbian? Lesbians often have balls. Seriously it would not shock me if Maddow was a ENFp -ESFj hybrid.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackie Brown - INFP Yesenin

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFP Yesenin

Last edited by khcs; 08-23-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not an IEI. She's EJ temp.

Si-creative?

Jackie Brown - INFP Yesenin