Thread: LII - if you're in a rut and don't know why or how:

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LII - if you're in a rut and don't know why or how:

Sometimes your body is tired, and you don't even know it. Do you find your thoughts becoming excessively gloomy, depressing, or disheartening and cannot figure out why? Logical analysis not making sense? Try to remember that your body needs to be level for your mind to be level. Going away to college, I have experienced this several times -- simply not being aware of the needs of my body, especially when I can sense something is wrong, but have no idea what it is. This seems to be a fairly clear indicator of ESE duality. But we aren't always going to be lucky enough to have an ESE around, or if we are away on our own, we may not have many friends who will come and check up on us. So here are some things to keep in mind. (Feel free to add anything)

• Take a nap / get some sleep. Are you tired and not aware of it? Do you feel compelled to do or finish something, but find yourself with a great deal of psychological trauma over the affair? Metaphysical questions keep popping up, and you cannot find an answer? An LII mind can, and often will, keep churning, regardless of internal or external physical conditions. So if you make sure you've enough sleep, otherwise you're not using your time or energy efficiently.
    • "can easily drive himself to starvation". Seems like some sort of fun cliche, right? Well it is not. As above, it is very easy to forget about food, especially because we can "just go a little bit more" and "make something a little bit better". That process can keep going, but the quality of everything declines the less upkeep you make on your instruments. You only have one body, one mind - take care of the only instruments you have.
    • No Man is an Island. (Dammit - it's true, isn't it.) Well I hate it just as much of the next LII. But after years of experiencing it, friends and family DO help make a difference. Generally, good friends are people you can trust enough to accept certain forms of Fe from, which helps maintain things. But even besides Fe or socionics, everyone is human, and certain energies - just talking to someone - actually can help. Especially remember to keep in touch with your family when you can. I know I don't do it enough.
    • Take a shower. Just do it. Even if you just think you might need one, chances are you could use one. You may not smell, but showers do a body good. If you can establish some sort of rhythm with taking showers, and eating and so on, all the better.

Do these things, and take care of Ti, and you should be okay.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-bg

I find it endlessly fascinating that you guys aren't aware of your physical needs enough to just know to do this stuff instinctually.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that we don't know it, it's just not as important as other things.

It seems rudimentary, and it is, but the problem for the LII is when he's waging huge battles in the future, or deep in theory, or very complex abstract issues, his general sensory functions are disregarded. Often times the LIIs (myself at least), will look for solutions to problems in theoretical or abstract ways, structural ways, logical ways... when in fact it is so easy for us to overlook that sleeping, eating, talking to people, and the like, all play a huge role in our disposition.

That's why NTs are designed for SFs, so to say.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, this thread was made not because these things are amazingly new considerations, but because
    I find it endlessly fascinating
    as to how much those simplistic things actually affect my entire disposition. Ability to focus, thought process, clarity, quality, presence, everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this post to be very expressive of my own experience. Being a college student myself, I tend to find myself occasionally facing bouts of depression that later I discover were merely my body begging for rest. It is really easy to read more into such things than is really there.
    INTJ/INTj

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I find it endlessly fascinating that you guys aren't aware of your physical needs enough to just know to do this stuff instinctually.
    if you really believe that it's an extraordinary indicator of your own type.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    if you really believe that it's an extraordinary indicator of your own type.
    I do ATM at least... My perceptions and thoughts (and what I find endlessly fascinating) can drasticly change from month to month (or even day to day). So who knows, in six months time I might be forgetting to eat myself. (lol eat myself )

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lex
    I find this post to be very expressive of my own experience. Being a college student myself, I tend to find myself occasionally facing bouts of depression that later I discover were merely my body begging for rest. It is really easy to read more into such things than is really there.
    Yes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems to be quite fascinating. It is almost like a barometer -- the more my thoughts get negative, the more it indicates I need to relax and/or eat something.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    This seems to be quite fascinating. It is almost like a barometer -- the more my thoughts get negative, the more it indicates I need to relax and/or eat something.
    UDP meet
    meet UDP
    *shakes hands*
    Now let's go get some lunch...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take a shower every morning. If I don't, I feel uncomfortable the whole day. If I'm in a hurry I usually skip breakfast instead of skipping my shower. I manage well without eating till lunchtime, but I don't manage when I feel my hair is greasy.
    Intuition

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    UDP meet
    meet UDP
    *shakes hands*
    Now let's go get some lunch...
    Salma Hayek is reported as an ESFj by Rick.

I'll go to lunch with that sort of