Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
Quote Originally Posted by Hector
I find this very interesting. I am not sure of my type yet, but thought that I could not be an INFp because I thought that they, even being introverted, did not have trouble with public speaking and strangers. I imagined that a type which was very interested in attention would not have much of a problem with public speaking. I guess I just do not know enough about the type yet.

Anyway, for me I absolutely loath any sort of public speaking as well as just raising my had to ask a question or make a comment in a class. Just thinking about doing it in class makes my palms sweaty and my heart race. Is this sort of thing a general train for INFp's? Maybe this will help me figure out what I am...
It is not a typical trait of INFps not to have any trouble with public speaking. I have an INFp friend who is almost exactly like you in that respect. It doesn't tell us much about your type though. By the way, INFps are not very interested in attention either. Don't forget that they are introverts.
Hmm... the main site says that the basic pleasure of the INFp is attention while the basic fear is being ignored. Maybe they mean a different sort of attention than I have in mind? I was thinking of attention as in life of the party sort of attention.