model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always just cringed at the phrase "make love". *cringes and gags* It just makes me think of a young woman who thinks that sleeping with a guy will increase the love between them, but in fact the opposite is more likely. If she do not feel that the man will love her as much without sex, she needs to find a better man.

I must admit that I cannot enjoy casual sex. If I am not with someone who I feel very comfortable with and know that I am accepted unconditionaly in all aspects, I just can't enjoy myself. I suppose I see sex as something really fun that is a reward to people who have totally accepted eachother for the openess and vunerability they have allowed. I guess in a manner of speaking (and I hate to oversimplify the matter like this!), to me it is an "expression of love".

But for crying out loud, it is NOT "making love". Sex makes it more difficult to grow together in the beginning stages of a relationship, and if people need to have sex in order to feel that there is enough common ground for them to be together, they are in for a rough ride... and no, I don't mean the kind IcEPiCk was talking about. :wink:
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I'm sure you're right
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I have always just cringed at the phrase "make love". *cringes and gags* It just makes me think of a young woman who thinks that sleeping with a guy will increase the love between them, but in fact the opposite is more likely. If she do not feel that the man will love her as much without sex, she needs to find a better man.

I must admit that I cannot enjoy casual sex. If I am not with someone who I feel very comfortable with and know that I am accepted unconditionaly in all aspects, I just can't enjoy myself. I suppose I see sex as something really fun that is a reward to people who have totally accepted eachother for the openess and vunerability they have allowed. I guess in a manner of speaking (and I hate to oversimplify the matter like this!), to me it is an "expression of love".

But for crying out loud, it is NOT "making love". Sex makes it more difficult to grow together in the beginning stages of a relationship, and if people need to have sex in order to feel that there is enough common ground for them to be together, they are in for a rough ride... and no, I don't mean the kind IcEPiCk was talking about. :wink:
    Couldn't have said it better myself, Joy.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Yes, and our own bodies are just physical crutches to our consciousness. So maybe we should all just commit suicide to free ourselves from this handicap.
    Not to change the subject, but I liked this, Cone.

Death is not an end but a beginning . . . the horizon of that which is yet to come. We are born to die. Doesn't that tell us something?

Oh, no . . . hope I didn't start something here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How 'bout passionate sex instead? Or something like that.

I mean you can f%$k or you can drowned yourself in the feel and scent of your partner. That's more of a turn on than a wham bam job. And love doesn't have to enter into it.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it just depends on the situation I suppose.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel more impulsive rather than having a high sex drive. I don't need it or ache for it... but if it's there I'll take it. I guess I have a high sex drive in the moment.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The less i have the more i fantasize. Must be nature's way of motivating a person to procreate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis

Not to change the subject, but I liked this, Cone.

Death is not an end but a beginning . . . the horizon of that which is yet to come. We are born to die. Doesn't that tell us something?
    he was being his sarcastic/mockulatory intp self
    Oh. He is hard to read at times. I like this thoughts, though. It's like sometimes I can hear the gears turning when I read his posts . . . and then a faint little snicker.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

detail:

well i thought that perception of the world would affect one's understanding of sex, maybe how you experience it as well. I think this is different than one's outward sex life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    detail:

well i thought that perception of the world would affect one's understanding of sex, maybe how you experience it as well. I think this is different than one's outward sex life.
    While i wouldn't qualify this as a "drive", it perfectly makes sense but overall my gut feeling tells me the nature of what is perceived for that matter is much stronger than the bias by which it is perceived. Like looking at sex through a window or by the hole where you enter a key below a door knob (I don't know the english word) doesn't give the same view, but still the main concept observed is "sex".

Now imagine looking at an elephant through a window or watching it through that door lock. Sure some concepts apply to both examples such as spying, but spying alone is not that of an influence to sex as sex is.

Note that the concept of spying in the context of my metaphor can't be related to the arousal one can get of spying, since the spying through a door lock concept applied in two different case was an analogy to a similitude in perception bias aka type.

So: Sex(Influence(bias) < Influence(stimuli))

Now it's kinda hard to quantify anything regarding sexuality, or influence.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    The famous quote:

Quote Originally Posted by LevKamensky
    The horniest women in the Socion are ESTp, ENFj, ESFj in the second place -- ESFp and ESTj. That's not what I was talking about.

The sluttiest are probably ESTp and ISFp. This makes ESTp the champion since she is both the horniest and the sluttiest.
    The two dominants in tier #1 of horniness?
    What do you think about that
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are introverts perceived as not horny? I have the sex drive of about 100 men...probobly more. Don't underestimate the quiet ones.

err, wow, this is an old thread.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you are going to be horny, you are dominant. I know an ISFp personally who has ruined numerous relationships because he is so hooked on sex.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Of course you are going to be horny, you are dominant. I know an ISFp personally who has ruined numerous relationships because he is so hooked on sex.
    explain. i've known INTjs and other intuitives who have done this, too.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing to explain, take from it what you will.

Actually, I suppose it would not be fair to say he ruined relationships - that ISFp. That is just the end result - a ruined, poor relationship. It is more accurate to say that the ISFp in question made many poor relationship decisions because of sex, though I did not mean to imply cheating or similar. It is more true to say that he subordinated all his principles and values to Si, to his "need" for sex. He ended up with people of questionable sanity, and got involved with people that undermined his proclaimed desire for getting married and settling down.

It is incorrect to say that ISFps or Si dominants are meant to be poor at fidelity. Any person that puts such an emphasis on pleasure that they ruin their relationships by having disregarding values or principles is doomed.

A direct quote:

"You know, UDP, if it weren't for sex, honestly I would not be married right now"
    (ISFp talking about his current relationship situation)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    Why are introverts perceived as not horny? I have the sex drive of about 100 men...probobly more. Don't underestimate the quiet ones.

err, wow, this is an old thread.
    I honestly think it's just because they are less likely to declare it in public. This has been my experience with horny introverted girls.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ seems reasonable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm all for casual sex.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12