Thread: typing someone through a friend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default typing someone through a friend

ok, I'm trying to figure out the type of a friend's girlfriend, but I've never met her before. My friend has no knowledge of socionics or anything like it and he doesn't have the patience to learn it (he's an SEI btw). So I've been trying to figure out his girlfriend's type by asking him questions about her. What kinds of questions would you ask him about her in the simplest language possible?

All I know right now is that she refuses to argue with him about anything. He tries to argue with her about things because he thinks that for a relationship to last that you need to be able to argue about things and get over them. He said they rarely have any kind of conflicts other than the one he tries to start. She's not as sensitive as other girls he knows, she wants to be a surgeon, she's smart and gets good grades in school. She's also a sex fiend, which is pretty much why he likes her. She has little tolerance for vices such as booze, cigarettes and drugs, but he enjoys them freely and she disapproves (but not too much). She's less shy than he is, but I couldn't get very much information on her behavior around other people.

I asked him if he wanted to take her to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie, but he said she would think it's stupid. She seems slightly controlling, but he said she's not pushy at all. All I could figure out was that she's a logical type, but again, I need questions to ask him so I can figure out what type she is before my friend does something REALLY STUPID . Any ideas?
    INTj

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where on earth can I find a female SEI like your friend?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the minimal description you have so far is contradictory and rather bizarre, but it does sound SEI. if not, it might be LII.

the most useful questions you could ask in an attempt to uncover more information would be pretty much anything that gets her to open up and talk about herself and the way she does things.

a couple of prompts that i like to use:

what do you do for a living and do you enjoy it? what do you plan/want to do with your future? how would you describe your social life/relationships with other people? what activities, interests, or hobbies do you really enjoy and why do you enjoy them?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: typing someone through a friend

Quote Originally Posted by ataronchronon
    All I could figure out was that she's a logical type
    Why do you say this? How did you reach this conclusion?

Overall SEI makes the most sense for her; it doesn't make more sense for him, even though you did not say much about him.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: typing someone through a friend

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by ataronchronon
    All I could figure out was that she's a logical type
    Why do you say this? How did you reach this conclusion?

Overall SEI makes the most sense for her; it doesn't make more sense for him, even though you did not say much about him.
    Well the way he talked about her, he made her seem like she was very definite, like she wasn't a very feely kind of person. I'm not sure if that was just me trying to fill in the blanks I had. I just thought it fit well with her. My friend is an odd one though, and I tried to ask what questions I could, so I'm not surprised that it's a little weird. The biggest problem is that I've never actually met her, so the only information I got was through him. I want to meet her, but the two of them are always "busy" so I only get to talk to my friend at work. He is definitely an SEI though, let's not worry about him. SEI might make sense for her because he basically said what amounts to how they both like to do the same things for each other. Gah, I'll probably have to meet her to get more info.
    INTj