Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    The girl looks extremely ESFp to me.
    Thanks for the info
    http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/fr.html

I think she might be a semi-ISFp like I'm a semi-ENTp... if I really am an INTp (and she was ESFp) then she'd still be my dual. I think I'll tell her about this eventually though I'm having doubts that she's my soul mate now... she had dark brown eyes and I think I prefer light green eyes.

BTW, even if I wasn't originally an ENTp I'm becoming one. And I want to change my real name too... I've just got to make sure that my new found extraversion doesn't put me back into the mental hospital. But so far those looking after me have given me permission to be extremely outgoing in the past 24 hours (and I'll be more so in the coming days). I've become very interested in what people have to say lately. It will take a long time to explain though but let's just say that I think I've discovered the rules to the game of life. A lot of them are pretty cliche, like "you only get what you give". And now I think EVERYTHING happens for a reason... I used to be a strict materialist atheist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, according to this:
    http://www.the16types.info/typesview.php

ENTp is inventive (INTp is solitary/schizoid) and they like recognition.... hahahaha!!!
    http://www.the16types.info/types.php?typename=ENTP
    The disorder is:
    Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
    Basic belief: I must attain a position of distinction or merit. Thinking strategy Pretension.
    The dual is:
    http://www.the16types.info/types.php?typename=ISFP
    Artistic, disorder - Cyclothymic Personality Disorder. (very mild bipolar disorder)
    Sounds cool. I've had mental illnesses and never thought I was schizoid (INTp/solitary disorder).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't look too much into those oldham descriptions. I actually petitioned to get those taken down or moved but it hasn't happened yet.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy:
    yeah... btw you're very wise (re the signature, etc)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thanks
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You remind me of this guy, who I only sorta know and haven't typed, but is most certainly ethical.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnClay
    BTW, according to this:
    http://www.the16types.info/typesview.php

ENTp is inventive (INTp is solitary/schizoid) and they like recognition.... hahahaha!!!
    http://www.the16types.info/types.php?typename=ENTP
    The disorder is:
    Compensatory Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
    Basic belief: I must attain a position of distinction or merit. Thinking strategy Pretension.
    The dual is:
    http://www.the16types.info/types.php?typename=ISFP
    Artistic, disorder - Cyclothymic Personality Disorder. (very mild bipolar disorder)
    Sounds cool. I've had mental illnesses and never thought I was schizoid (INTp/solitary disorder).

I thought Oldham styles were more correlated with Keirsevian Temperament Theory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What TV shows you like has nothing to do with determining if your a J or P! Geez come on people think about the metric definition. Judging people are scheduling - Perceiving people are probing / non-scheduling.

The ONLY thing you've indicated here that would make you more likly to be J is that you crave perfection in spelling, etc. I require facts to be accurate, but I couldn't really give a shite about spelling unless its a formal report for a client. Other than that - so long as people know what I'm saying - the required attention to spelling has been fulfilled - why waste extra effort? (I'm INTP btw).

Here's how to work it out.

Are you more comfortable / less stressed:
    A: After you make a final decision on something, that you cannot change; Y/N
    B: Before you've comitted to your decision, while you can still change your mind if needed. Y/N

Does email inbox:
    A: contain hundreds of carefully organised folders of only your most important your email, with forwards and jokes deleted after you've sent them on.
    B: contain just about every email you've ever received (or as many as outlook can handle before it crashes).

When given a deadline for something - do you:
    A: Hit it - signed sealed and delivered - every time? Y/N?
    B: Or do you use it as a general guide as to when the work should be completed... miss it by a little bit because 'something came up'... no big deal. Y/N?

When your alarm goes off, how many times do you hit the snooze button?
    A: Once, at the most, and I set it 5 minutes early to account for this; Y/N
    B: A couple of times... if I set one at all; Y/N

When working on your computer do you:
    A: Save all your work and close every application after your done with it;
    B: Just leave it all open and alt-tab your ass off till your system almost crashes.

When you're leaving your house to meet friends / family, do you:
    A: work out exactly how long it takes to reach your meeting point, and leave your house exactly this time (less a further five minutes, just to be sure) and NEVER arive late Y/N
    B: Leave your house at the time you should be meeting them, thinking to yourself en-route: "funny - I didn't think it would take this long to get there". Y/N

Is your desk:
    A: Neat, with everything carefully filed in its place;
    B: Messy, but you know where everything is, your in-tray contains EVERYTHING you're currently working on Y/N

If you answered Y to more A's your Judging, if you answer Y to more B's, your percieving.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS IS NOT AN MBTI FORUM - this is socionics.

http://socionics.us/intro.shtml
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and one more (heh - can't half tell I'm a P type eh?) and this is a kicker:

When a bill arrives do you:
    A: Pay it right away, as soon as you can, and feel good that its been sorted;
    B: Hold off paying it as long as you can and feel shitty when you finally have to hand over the cash;

My wife is a ENFJ, I'm an INTP - we get on fantastically and we've had much success in life because I come up with the vage, abstract ideas of what we'll do in business / life, buying houses, starting companies, etc, and she keeps everything on track: Ensures we keep the house clean and the bed made, have plenty of cash in the bank and the bills all paid, carefully organise our home / office with matching furniture and remember to get birthday cards everytime someone's age clocks over. We're like chalk and cheese with J / P - but it works... but all the questions above are based on observations I've made between how we both approach things (obviously I've exagerated a bit here - I'm not actually a totally disorganised pig)

Creepy-bg

lol Kristiina thought she was an INTj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    THIS IS NOT AN MBTI FORUM - this is socionics.
    Whoa scuse me I thought the question was INTP or INTJ... looked pretty m-briggs-esq to me. (Must be a Judging type )

Creepy-bg

we're a bit schizophrenic around here when it comes to labels

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    we're a bit schizophrenic around here when it comes to labels
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    No we aren't!
    Yes we are!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone actually bothering replying to a thread after two years?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm... This might be worth a closer look, because the first post by "Guest" is very obviously a description of an ILI. People who strongly identify with everything in that description cannot be LIIs. So it could be useful as a reference point for those who are still in doubt about their correct type in Socionics.

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaido21 View Post
    Female ISFJs and ESFPs are the biggest slanders of all types. Their fave past time activity is discussion on how badly or immoraly someone acted. My satanic mother does it all the time in any place. So INTp or ENTj would subconciously be interested in womens tattle.

roflmao

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhe View Post
    I just don't understand something. It's really difficult to put my finger on it, but communication on these forums seems to be frustrating me. This is no offence to any of you - please don't take it personally. I have sometimes re-worded what you have said and then posted them back to double-check that I have got it right (which is a sign of a Quasi-Identical relation). It may well be that you are my Quasi-Identicals, and that I am an INTp.

That was just a thought. It's mainly because we seem to have gone around in circles, debating the intricacies of type ID, but I don't feel as though I have made any progress (actually, that's probably wrong - little progress is better to use). Or, rather, we have identified all the differences between an INTj and an INTp and yet I don't know how to find out which type I am. Perhaps you all are too advanced in Socionics for me, I don't know ...
    Hahaha so true. There's just something..you can't describe, kinda like everyone is hiding something from you, not letting you in on the secret so you just go in a circle. [Actually the tendency to leave out information is something MBTI INTJs do. I have a feeling I'm surrounded by INTJs (the outwardly logical, society hating, few words in a sentence, take over the world, possibly aspy and autistic INTJ)].

1.) Either no one knows what they are talking about
    2.) It's all just an elaborate joke
    3.) There are a few people who don't fit snugly into the types, meaning more work needs to be done.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    1.) Either no one knows what they are talking about
    2.) It's all just an elaborate joke
    3.) There are a few people who don't fit snugly into the types, meaning more work needs to be done.
    Don't forget the '4.) I don't get it' option. :wink: No offense, but everyone should keep this one in mind.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be a viable option if it weren't for so many contradictions.

Why can't types be defined by a couple of sentences? Maybe even several. But no, every word is so ambiguous and general you can basically apply descriptions to about 5 types at any given time.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't types be defined by a couple of sentences? Maybe even several. But no, every word is so ambiguous and general you can basically apply descriptions to about 5 types at any given time.
    You sound like me when I cursed this system because it was so confusing. The truth is, that all these types can be interpreted by the reader/socionist to some extend. Every type you give yourself in the belief it's correct can't be disputed. It's a question of your own view at this.

I know, it would be much better if things were set in stone so that anyone can just find their type and be happy, but unfortunately, that's not the case.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because socionics describes information metabolism which isn't readily observable. All external manifestations of the types are tendencies rather than absolutes. There are no single characteristics that can accurately describe a type without being incredibly general or vague.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678