Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Mmm, one other thing, and I know it may be irrelevant, but I am really stuck on the fact that he gave her Diana's famed engagement ring. A lot of people have found it a bit creepy, and although I do think it's an amazing, iconic statement of a ring, I also think it's resonant with a marriage gone horribly wrong.

Somehow I think that the choice of ring might be more the Delta version of Fi-valuing, but I will leave that for Fi folks to disagree with. I say this because as I watch Deltas more carefully, they seem to make their decisions of right and wrong differently than I do, on a level that is more internally and situationally evaluative than I would.

That is, I wouldn't want to wear or give an engagement ring from a famously awful marriage. First, it's just the principle of the thing. Ring from shitty marriage = no. Also, there is so much history in the ring, and on a personal level it would remind me of a mother lost, of things gone wrong. Also, I would know that the public would associate this ring with Diana and Charles and make it a subject of discussion, something to avoid.

But if I put myself in William's place, he probably has particular private feelings about his mother with which that ring resonates, in terms of his connection to her. And that overrides any other kinds of concerns for him, I'd guess, and Kate, knowing how it is important to him, probably was honored by his choice.

/ TOTAL SPECULATION
Yeah actually u have a point there. The way I saw it was it was a touching way William includes his mother in his life for posterity.