Hybrid View

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    William does not give me the vibe of ESTp in any way, shape, or form. Merely showing a photo where he is seen at a particular angle means about zero. Looking at him here:

YouTube - Prince William And Kate's First Interview Since Getting Engaged

his eyes, in terms of how they move, do not show any Se qualities. He entirely lacks the kind of attentive physical presence and immediacy I associate with Se leading. On the contrary, he seems more Si-valuing. That is, his frame could be EJ (not sure yet), but his presence is soft. I will say re temperament, he doesn't have that might-go-all-over-the-place quality I see with EP temperament.

And in that video, although of course he is asked some mundane questions, his answers are just strictly mundane to me. That is, perceiving him through my own bias for Ni, I find everything he says, with its focus on the concrete operational details of proposing marriage, about as interesting as the description of a brick. At least some Ni-valuers, if you ask them a boring question, will begin offering feedback and ideas that are more interpretive or philosophical. He's quite content to delve into a narrative of "then ... then ... then ... then ..."

My first thought for him would be Delta. And there's a moment in that video when Kate seems very infantile to me. But not sure at this point.
    What you are saying makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks Golden!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm, one other thing, and I know it may be irrelevant, but I am really stuck on the fact that he gave her Diana's famed engagement ring. A lot of people have found it a bit creepy, and although I do think it's an amazing, iconic statement of a ring, I also think it's resonant with a marriage gone horribly wrong.

Somehow I think that the choice of ring might be more the Delta version of Fi-valuing, but I will leave that for Fi folks to disagree with. I say this because as I watch Deltas more carefully, they seem to make their decisions of right and wrong differently than I do, on a level that is more internally and situationally evaluative than I would.

That is, I wouldn't want to wear or give an engagement ring from a famously awful marriage. First, it's just the principle of the thing. Ring from shitty marriage = no. Also, there is so much history in the ring, and on a personal level it would remind me of a mother lost, of things gone wrong. Also, I would know that the public would associate this ring with Diana and Charles and make it a subject of discussion, something to avoid.

But if I put myself in William's place, he probably has particular private feelings about his mother with which that ring resonates, in terms of his connection to her. And that overrides any other kinds of concerns for him, I'd guess, and Kate, knowing how it is important to him, probably was honored by his choice.

/ TOTAL SPECULATION
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Mmm, one other thing, and I know it may be irrelevant, but I am really stuck on the fact that he gave her Diana's famed engagement ring. A lot of people have found it a bit creepy, and although I do think it's an amazing, iconic statement of a ring, I also think it's resonant with a marriage gone horribly wrong.

Somehow I think that the choice of ring might be more the Delta version of Fi-valuing, but I will leave that for Fi folks to disagree with. I say this because as I watch Deltas more carefully, they seem to make their decisions of right and wrong differently than I do, on a level that is more internally and situationally evaluative than I would.

That is, I wouldn't want to wear or give an engagement ring from a famously awful marriage. First, it's just the principle of the thing. Ring from shitty marriage = no. Also, there is so much history in the ring, and on a personal level it would remind me of a mother lost, of things gone wrong. Also, I would know that the public would associate this ring with Diana and Charles and make it a subject of discussion, something to avoid.

But if I put myself in William's place, he probably has particular private feelings about his mother with which that ring resonates, in terms of his connection to her. And that overrides any other kinds of concerns for him, I'd guess, and Kate, knowing how it is important to him, probably was honored by his choice.

/ TOTAL SPECULATION
    Yeah actually u have a point there. The way I saw it was it was a touching way William includes his mother in his life for posterity.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx