Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
Quote Originally Posted by XoX
Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
So you have to ask yourself - does a dual enable your weaknesses, or make you stronger?
Does dual make you stronger...

In your other four functions -> Probably not...as the point of hanging out with your own Quadra and especially your Dual is that you avoid the "annoying" four functions and concentrate on the four you are naturally more comfortable with. Try hanging out with your conflictor, supervisor, super-ego and the like to expose yourself to the other four functions but be prepared to receive some psychological damage in the process
I disagree. Duals can help each other face their self-imposed Super-ego expectations realistically, though constantly reminding them that it's not the "main thing", so to speak. Point and counter-point.
I'll add that from what I've read duality seems like codependency relationship. So long as you are with your dual you will be stronger not because your dual makes YOU stronger but because together you are stronger.... the negative side of a codependency relationship is that if, for example, your dual were to die, and you were left alone, the situation could get really messy because your dual is no longer around to take care of the things you suck at and you still suck at the things you suck at - so you probably wouldn't know what to do