TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Anyway, I can't do anything to influence the acts of other men, or better, I don't feel like caring about the whole humanity, because I would be unable to. Smiles and dancing are preferable, absolutely.
    incorrect. Thinking and talking and understanding these issues is doing enough for most. Awareness and the spreading of awareness does very much. Eventually those of us who have thought enough, talked enough, and understood enough will be able to group and opt out of the situation. And if it is on a large enough scale we could really make a difference in the world.

I wasn't joking. I've noted your personal development and after having labeled yourself ESTp(whether correctly or not, i'm skeptical) you have changed your forum persona. This could be insignificant, but I know what I write here reflects who I really am, and I expect it does for you as well.
    I think so? But I don't think I have changed much IRL. Seems like an hard thing to do, to change personality, really.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never really said that there's anything bad about hedonism.

But I said you may become *overly* hedonistic. That, like everything else that is done to too great an extent, is bad.

Everything must be in harmony. Hedonism gives joy, but merely equating physical consumption to joy would mean that eg. one will eat a lot to be joyful. That will be good only if what goes in comes out, i.e. if you eat a lot of food you had better do a lot of work or you'll grow freakin' fat.

Over hedonism means consuming without combusting, i.e. working out. An overly hedonistic person may laze around with lotsa pillows, watch lotsa shows, have lotsa ladies to have lotsa sex with, drink lotsa booze, eat lotsa junk food etcetera etcetera etcetera

Yeah pleasure is good but too much of it without equal work makes you fat, ugly, and depressed.

Like me.

I feel like slashing myself on the wrist now.

Goodbye cruel world.

I have this bad feeling that everyone hates me.

I should stop being a misery to everyone, a pain in everyone's neck.

Goodbye.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade

Like me.

I feel like slashing myself on the wrist now.

Goodbye cruel world.

I have this bad feeling that everyone hates me.

I should stop being a misery to everyone, a pain in everyone's neck.

Goodbye.
    Please dont tease like that. It makes me nervous.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds so...
    Not trying to say that s tend to be suicidal.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry Topaz, but i've got this feeling you'll say that.

I really love you <33 !

yeah mea, i was testing out the superego block, its fun but dangerous to play with, much like fire
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hedonism isn't consuming without combustion. it's excessive consumption with lots of laughs and large leaves. really, what can we do about it? We have an excessive surplus of food in most developed nations and it is easy/cheap to overconsume. It's built into our genetics to be hedonistic. If we eat more we increase our chances of surviving harsh winters and draughts and other harsh realities of nature. But agricultural science, food preservation techniques, and food processing has eliminated this human concern by giving us crops year round regardless of weather. This is being done at the cost of the soil (the stuff which supports all living things)huge quantities of fossil fuels, and our health as a species(I shouldn't discount peoples who don't use these techniques, but in general they are too busy being starved to death or dying of a plague to make much impact on the future of the world). Perhaps we will adapt to our own agricultural and evolve on terms we've set, but that's rather fantastical. I'm comforted more intellectually by the prediction that we'll have a horrible new plague.

But of course, this industry has created our modern society.

And now cows eat corn.
    asd

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now cows eat corn.
    Blimey.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade
    And now cows eat corn.
    Blimey.
    blimey indeed. Cows are ruminants and are capable of digesting grass. In fact, that's the pleasure and reason for being a ruminant. How do you think they fair on corn? Not very well. In fact they become extremely sick, fat, and as an added bonus, usually live in 10-12 inches of their own feces for most of their feedlot career. This feces, which if from a grass fed cow could be composted and added back to the earth's soil, is now toxic from the antibiotics and growth hormones cows are given to help digest corn and grow fat fat fat. Oh boy, efficiency at work, ladies and gentlemen. Yes siree, you get your moneys worth in this country.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go fuck a tree
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright guy.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to this thread. Anyway, I like the way SLI operate. I was with a friend the other day and he happily explained to me how he was going to create bio-diesle fuel in his garage. Go figure.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12