Thread: How do you cope with your PoLR? Reactions and compensation.

Threaded View

Banned
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are definitely some Fi-PoLR types that value honour, values, religion, morality, altruism, tradition, etc. not that those things are intrinsically Fi-related... I'm sure a lot of Fi-devaluing/Fi-PoLR types value those things. Fyodor Dostoyevsky was probably my favourite Delta/EII, so if you agree that he was EII and/or want to get a glimpse of the (Delta) world through the eyes of one of the best Delta/EII writers ever, then read his work... The Brothers Karamazov, The Idiot, etc.

Regarading my PoLR, it's unfortunate that it is the most useful function:

'Extraverted Logic or Extraverted Thinking (which is the leading function of “The Directive ESTj” and “The Rational ENTj”, and the creative function of the ISTp and INTp types) is also called Processual, Practical, or Algorithmic Logic (and is a rational, extraverted, and dynamic information element which is valued by the Delta and Gamma quadras). It evaluates things relative to efficiency, and estimates things in terms of methods as opposed to systems or theories. Extraverted Logic concerns itself with the “external activity of objects”; the what, how, and where of events, etc.; activity; behaviour; and algorithms [“a set of rules for solving a problem in a finite number of steps, as for finding the greatest common divisor” or "a systematic procedure for solving a mathematical problem in a finite number of steps, often using a computer; broadly a step-by-step procedure for solving a problem or accomplishing some end"]. Extraverted Logic is about being productive, knowing how to separate fact from fiction, and knowing how to gather useful information and knowledge. This information element pursues worthy causes, and desires to express spirituality or earn approval by teaming up together and working hard in order to create a peaceful, rational world. Factual accuracy and worthy service or efficiency are all keywords of Extraverted Logic. Although they often have strong ideas about improving methods and may become scientists or visionaries, more often than not they decide on a business career. Despite their [quondam or occasional] sensitivity, emotionality, and sentimentality [especially for Te-dominants in particular], they are often perceived as being “cold-hearted” or austere. Nevertheless, Extraverted Logic is the most authentically constructive and genuinely truthful information element.'

I know Te-PoLR is not (always) an excuse for lacking common-sense, not being practical and efficient, etc. . . . I'm also poor at time-management, etc. especially when I worked at places like grocery stores, Tim Hortons, etc. I make mistakes, I'm too slow, people criticize me, I'm not good at multi-tasking, sometimes I'm perfectionist and/or take too long to do different things, I get overwhelmed (but usually don't show it), etc. I'm sure some people know how to make the best of the type they were dealt, but I feel like I generally made a mess of things.
    Last edited by HERO; 10-10-2012 at 12:33 AM.