Quote Originally Posted by Expat
Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
I think it would bother me, but it's hard to explain just why. But I'll try. OK, first of all, if you ask me if I'm trustworthy and I'm not, why wouldn't I just claim to be trustworthy? I mean untrustworthy people would probably lie about it anyway. And then, I just think people should be figuring this kind of thing out for themselves. If you trust me, then follow that, and if you don't then follow that. Asking me if I'm trustworthy sounds like some kind of threat or something. Like, "you'd better not be untrustworthy - I'm on to you!"
Perfect.
Lol. I didn't manage to see that as a threat but I can see how you can interpret it like that. I think it depends on how you bring the issue up for one thing. You can do it "right" and "wrong". But yes the thought behind it is something like "you'd better not be untrustworthy - I'm on to you!". Now what exactly is wrong with this kind of attitude anyways?

This thread points to Fe Quadras being more into b). Even though hardly of them takes a too rigid position. It would also point my wife to not be Fe.