Thread: accepting vs producing

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default accepting vs producing

Is there an article or something on this subject? Or would anyone like to share their perspective and understanding of it? I know Gilligan wrote something about it a while back, but I don't know if it was lost when the "freedom fighters" attacked or not.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Augusta did not empirically substantiate her idea of "accepting" and Producing" functions, it is a mere concept. In her opinion stated in several articles, the functions 1, 4, 5, 8 were accepting, and the rest - producing. She also proposed different methods of splitting the Model A, e.g., 1, 4, 6, 7 - inertial, and 2, 3, 5, 8 - contact functions (this method of splitting was not empirically substantiated either).
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Lytov
    Augusta did not empirically substantiate her idea of "accepting" and Producing" functions, it is a mere concept. In her opinion stated in several articles, the functions 1, 4, 5, 8 were accepting, and the rest - producing.
    Hmmm that makes what I said in the "dual seeking hit" thread make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    3rd is weak and producing, and 5th is weak and accepting (and the other end of the axis to our 1st function), so when we need our 5th we act out with our 3rd (and make an idiot of ourselves)

4th is weak and accepting, and 6th is weak and producing (and the other end of the axis to our 2nd function), so when we are lacking in or have problems with our 4th we act out with our 6th (and make an idiot of ourselves)
    Are people following what I'm saying here?
    I think this is related to the HA material on this site. (Location?)

btw, 3 & 5 are accepting; 4 and 6 are producing.
    thehotelambush is talking about the information found on the "models" section on the main page of this site. Where did that information come from if not from Augusta?

I didn't know why I thought the 3rd was producing and the 4th was accepting... it just makes more sense to me. That's why I made this thread... because if the 3rd is accepting and 4th is producing, it means I don't understand what accepting and producing mean. Or something. Because I have a really hard time seeing the 3rd as accepting.

(It also makes more sense to me that if, for example, Ne is producing in someone then Ni would be accepting. Or if Fi was accepting then Fe would be producing.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/