Thread: IEI - SLE Duality discussion and stories (INFp-ESTp)

Hybrid View

TIM
    IEI, INFP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    When I tell someone I just want to be friends, there's no changing my mind. No amount of hanging out having good times with that person will change it. Once you're friend-zoned, you'll always be friend-zoned with me and it bothers me a lot when the other can't accept it and still keeps up hope then I have to keep regecting them.
    Fair enough. You must be quite charming to have them keep coming back :-P If someone says they want to be just friends, I typically accept this info, am sad for awhile, then move on. It's harder when the other person sends out mixed signals (or what appear to be mixed signals to me) because I will start holding on to hope if I am really interested.

I have also been on the other end of the situation. Being on both ends (which I'm sure most of us have been) helps you to get a better idea of how to handle things - what to do and what not to do. Rejection is just hard to handle for everyone in general, and I find it can be tricky to remain friends right afterward sometimes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No. Go out, have fun, meet other mature and ready to have a relationship dual.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
    I was with ya till this last part. I meant learn from your mistake as not giving in to your impulse and sleeping with someone you don't know that well.

Of course, you might not regret it... but just. Regretting "blabbing" about it and not doing it? So you're not sorry you did it, just sorry you 'got caught'? Had to face consequences?

I don't know if I could date someone who wasn't strong enough to resist their impulses, and might cheat on me. I'm hoping this is just a miscommunication, that you're honestly sorry for it. I hope your told that girl that you're not just sorry for 'going on' and telling her about it, but sorry for doing it...

Actions speak louder than words...

*steps away from SLE lecture stand*
    Stop analyzing. you shouldn't care, you're an E type remember? You're reconciling with values which is a part of rationalizing.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html