Thread: Enneagram Compatiblity, Intertype Relation, Common Matches

Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ennegramm compatibility in a nutshell: a given type goes well with a type pertaining to the same harmonic triad (reactive-competency-positive outlook). It seems to match my observations, more or less, although deviations are very very common.

Mostly it seems like reactives don't go well with positive-outlook types, at all. Competency with positive outlook seems fine, as well as reactive with competency, I believe.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post

Mostly it seems like reactives don't go well with positive-outlook types, at all.
    This is true, in my experience. They need me to be positive and see the bright side of things when a misunderstanding occurs, which is precisely what Im incapable of doing when a crisis happens, and I need them to parasphrase what Im saying and what concerns me, which of course I can keep dreaming they will do.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    This is true, in my experience. They need me to be positive and see the bright side of things when a misunderstanding occurs, which is precisely what Im incapable of doing when a crisis happens, and I need them to parasphrase what Im saying and what concerns me, which of course I can keep dreaming they will do.
    Eheh, yeah, from my positive-outlook perspective, reactives seem to actively wish to cause many "crises". However, I also understand that it's their way to "cope" with relationship - still, I'm incapable of providing a good reaction, normally I just freeze and don't know what to do.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Eheh, yeah, from my positive-outlook perspective, reactives seem to actively wish to cause many "crises". However, I also understand that it's their way to "cope" with relationship - still, I'm incapable of providing a good reaction, normally I just freeze and don't know what to do.
    So that's what it looks like from the other side.

Thanks for the enlightenment. "Crises," aka working things through on this side, seem to be the best way to get everything out from under the carpet and to vent errand feelings interfering with rational thought. So yeah, you've gotta like it.

What helps me most when I'm stuck in strong feelings and panicking about something is the competence response afaik. A friend of mine stays calm, takes the problem seriously and walks me through possible concrete solutions and ways of dealing. It gives me back a sense of control and stops the vortex. He can also gently reframe the situation when I'm stuck on one pov and this can make the problem an non-problem, which is very useful and pretty relieving.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    Hmmm, you mean like have a bunch of clay babies then give them up for sale? How irresponsibly exciting.
    Mirite!?

Also, I'll steal your limelight if I wanna.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

http://similarminds.com/idealtypes.html

This website matches enneagram types as 1-9, 2-8, 3-7, 4-6, 5-5. No idea as to why though, seems like they just divided it symmetrically.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't make much sense. I thought aggressives should be paired with either a compliant or a withdrawn, for example. Also, withdrawn-withdrawn combos are relatively unsuccessful imho.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is that these other personality systems do not have intertype relations ingrained into their system and mechanics, hence whatever method enforced onto their typology to produce some sort of relational pattern prediction or explanation is bound to seem weak or illogical... not because they always are, but because there's just too much room for criticism. It's like adding on wings to a car.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!