Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enneagram Compatiblity, Intertype Relation, Common Matches

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    :

: Type Seven
    : 1) I like to experience new things, like shoving needles up my dickhole or trying to impregnate sheep.
    : 2) I think life should be adventurous, so I randomly kill people just to make it all interesting.
    : 3) My appetite is huge: once I beat the shit out of 30 starving Somalians just to chow down on their gruel.
    : 4) I'm loud, talkative, out there, wild, and outrageous -- in other words, I'm an annoying jerk who needs a good shotgun blast to the face.
    I'm bored. I love you. Lets have homosexual-love children and sell them eBay. Better yet, lets get them coded so that we can brand them into different UPC's and sell them wholesale on Amazon.

Creepy-pokeball

Fun w/ theory.

EnneagramFunz.jpg

doot tee doooo doooo... patternz r fun.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default enneagram compatibility

What enneagram types are compartible?
    And which ones clash?
    Is there any logic to it like with socionics?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by E
    On the other hand, healthy Sevens feel that their emotional and physical needs are largely met by a healthy Two. The Two helps the Seven feel relaxed and fulfilled, reducing the temptation to wander.
    Doesn't mention anything about autonomy :S

Quote Originally Posted by E
    The Two and Seven combination can have a positive effect on people that is virtually unmatched by any other couple: they can be warm, welcoming and generous, making others feel loved and invited to the party.
    This makes me want a healthy 7
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Ugh

Doesn't mention anything about autonomy :S

This makes me want a healthy 7
    Too late, Maritsa. You called us disgusting and now we don't want you anymore, healthy or not. Sorry Chica.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Too late, Maritsa. You called us disgusting and now we don't want you anymore, healthy or not. Sorry Chica.
    No, it's never too late

besides, I said I didn't mean it

besides, I feel that loving feeling with you so
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    What enneagram types are compartible?
    And which ones clash?
    Is there any logic to it like with socionics?
    I quite like the e-relationship descriptions. They work for me, anyway (but I find it more difficult to figure out someone's enneagram type than his/her socionics type).
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I quite like the e-relationship descriptions. They work for me, anyway (but I find it more difficult to figure out someone's enneagram type than his/her socionics type).
    what e type is your man?
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enneagram is a very personal and very negative system. It's about self-improvement and doesn't have anything to do with anyone except individuals. It's not meant to be used for relationship compatibility. You might be able to say "x type might like *something* in y type", but there are no hard-and-fast. For instance, most sites that try to make some sort of comparison say that 7s go fantastically with 3s or 2s. I cannot stand 3s, and couldn't be in a relationship with a 2 no matter how healthy.

It's a lot more personal. For instance, I know I get alone well with 1s, 4s, and 9s. Does that mean every 7 will? By no means. It's just my personal preference. I'm sure other 7s would get along great with 3s, 8s, or 2s.

If you're looking for compatibility, stick with socionics. If you want to have an idea of what you can expect from a certain person/type or how you can improve your personal well-being, then enneagram is the right system for you to be looking at.

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    If you're looking for compatibility, stick with socionics. If you want to have an idea of what you can expect from a certain person/type or how you can improve your personal well-being, then enneagram is the right system for you to be looking at.
    Pshh... if you're looking for compatibility get to know an individual, not a type.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    Pshh... if you're looking for compatibility get to know an individual, not a type.
    People ultimately come to accept the person for who that person is regardless of type. Knowing a person's type doesn't mean you won't like them, it just means that that you can't expect them to give you something they can't. Take a couple who walked into our office with a hurt cat; the gf came up to me (sensing that I am a compassionate person) asked me "would you please give my bf moral support? I don't know how to do this" she sat there on the bench away from him and couldn't say or do anything to comfort him.

I did sit with the bf and looked at him cry and get nervous about having possibly hurt his cat. He did receive support and comfort from me. No matter how much he likes his gf, she won't be able to do what I can.
    -

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    If you're looking for a system that describes compatibility*

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    If you're looking for a system that describes compatibility*
    bigot

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what e type is your man?
    Untypable.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what e type is your man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Untypable.
    At this point I say 1w9 with some sexy 4isms.

Edited to add: I might be biased because I really like the 1 & 7 description.
    Last edited by Kim; 10-07-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ugh

Originally Posted by E
    On the other hand, healthy Sevens feel that their emotional and physical needs are largely met by a healthy Two. The Two helps the Seven feel relaxed and fulfilled, reducing the temptation to wander.

Doesn't mention anything about autonomy
    :S
    What do you mean?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally speaking, the same outlook triads (reactive, competency and positive) are compatible.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point I say 1w9 with some sexy 4isms.

Edited to add: I might be biased because I really like the 1 & 7 description.
    More than the 4 & 7 one?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    More than the 4 & 7 one?
    It's really difficult to say because the 4 & 7 sounds more like living the good life while the 1 & 7 sounds more purposeful in that the two can achieve great things together as long as they don't hit each other's weak spots. So I might be going back and forth because I can't decide between the good life and the higher cause. If that makes sense. I sort of want both.

I tend to think 1w9 for you, but 4w5 is right up there, too. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Kim; 10-08-2013 at 01:03 AM. Reason: formatting
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a 7 dating a 4 and it is usually the "good" life. relatively.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    I've considered 4w5 for Park, but we don't really know each other very well, so my opinion is w/e.
    I was sure about 4w5 for the longest time, but there is a pretty pronounced preoccupation with perfectionism and integrity and some other things that really suggest 1w9. Maybe I should dig up what I found yesterday regarding what 1s and 4s find annoying about 7s. That might shed some light.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    1w9 so/sx
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always enjoyed the company of 3w4s and 8w7s.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend is 1w9, then another very close friend is 9w1 and my girlfriend is 9w1 too. I also get along well with other 7s except if there's any kind of power imbalance. Generally my 1 friend is great for doing anything together, we are actually not that different in our free time except that he complains a lot about everything.

Supervisory relationship I get along best with 1s (seems strange, but they like that I'm a bit light hearthed but still focussed and proactive, and I like that they take care of the details). Get along the least with 8s and 3s.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12