I decided to put up a typing thread. The point is more or less to collect evidence for and against different types.
This is especially a database for my own notes but anybody is free to contribute. I hope this can restrain me from talking about my type in thread I contribute to. I'm pretty much starting this from zero meaning I discard much of the evidence and conclusions collected and reached so far by labeling them "not reliable". I only include the most recent stuff here. Every piece of evidence not included here is not considered.
So...where we stand now...
My relationships and circle of friends:
- Te seems to be the most common function
- Sensors are more numerous than intuitors
- NF types are nearly non existent (Beta NFs are completely non existent. Delta NFs are nearly non existent.)
- My wife seems to be ESTj (apparently Si subtype but not confirmed) which is well in line with the general Gamma/Delta/Te/Sensory trend in friendships.
- Good to note here that my circle of friends is rather small and I tend not to develop very "deep" friendships with most people. By "deep" I mean we don't affect each others life too much. However I tend to develop long lasting friendships (but they have a tendency to remain a bit shallow in some sense). I usually contact my friends (and they contact me) in order to do something together. Never do we contact each other when there are problems and help is needed (e.g. financial or emotional difficulties). It is always about "let's go to movie/concert/restaurant/bar/sports event/casual visit/...".
-> Points to Gamma or Delta
- I tend to see myself as irrational type with rational tendencies. IP seems to fit although my general restlessness makes some people suggest EP or even EJ. IJ seems extremely unlikely.
-> Temperament is likely IP or EP with a chance of EJ
- Based on recent discussions and observations I tend to think Te>Ti. Generally I see T functions > F functions. This has gotten a bit blurred lately though and made me consider F-types. However currently I see T>F and Te>Ti.
- I have some problems with preference for Ni and Ne. I was for a long time convinced that Ni>Ne. Lately it has gotten a bit blurred. I think I can be rather competent with both but I'm not sure which is the Ego-Function anymore. Going by gut feeling alone I would say Ni>Ne.
- I see N functions > S functions. However I can't reliably distinguish my preference for Se and Si.
-> Unlikely an F-type (especially Alpha or Beta F-type). Likely a T-type (especially Gamma T-type but not totally ruling out Alpha T-type or even Delta T-type).
- Most often from MBTI tests I get INTP (the very first I ever did gave me INTJ though)
- Most often socionics tests give me INTp
-> Needles to say this points to INTp
- I'm not going to post pictures But I recently conducted a small scale VI experiment with a video which pointed to N and T type and most common guess was INTp. I once did a similar thing with still pictures and had very different guesses where e.g. ESTj and ENFj were suggested and I was generally seen as extroverted and rational.
-> This points to INTp or to some EJ type
So from this I can conclude that Gamma NT is more than likely but not confirmed. Gamma NTs come in four flavours ENTj(Te), ENTj(Ni), INTp(Te), INTp(Ni).
Because of some controversial things in the evidence I have some problems putting myself to either end of this spectrum. Then again IP>EJ seems probably. So I'm now going to make a somewhat surprising move and suggest INTp(Te) as a current best guess based on the above evidence.
So if someone wants to contest this "diagnosis" then e.g. following arguments might be useful at this point of the analysis (in order of priority):
1) Argument in favour of INTp(Ni) subtype > INTp(Te) subtype
2) Argument in favour of ENTj > INTp
3) Argument in favour of Delta > Gamma
4) Argument in favour of Fe/Ti Quadra (Alpha,Beta) > Te/Fi Quadra (Gamma, Delta)