Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Common Socionics misconceptions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    1) If you have arrived here after already finding your type in Myers-Briggs, especially if through a MBTI test, do not assume that your Socionics type, as defined by Socionics theory, corresponds to the MBTI you have found for yourself. You should look at your Socionics type from scratch.

2) Socionics types are not related to MBTI through a J/P switch for introverts. That works only if you are defining types according to ego functional ordering and assuming that Socionics functions = MBTI functions. That is however not helpful to find your true type, either in Socionics or MBTI.
    I'm new...so I read this as you told me and I don't understand it lol. Can someone give me a good link?
    Last edited by Non; 05-15-2023 at 07:57 PM.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Inari Love View Post
    I'm new...so I read this as you told me and I don't understand it lol...Can someone PLEASE give me a good link to figure out my socionics type....I'M DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey, welcome. I think pianosinger's quiz from the start of 2011 is a nice, accurate, place to start. It can help determine what quadra you're in: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ra-Values-Test

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm new...so I read this as you told me and I don't understand it lol...Can someone PLEASE give me a good link to figure out my socionics type....I'M DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have you read anything regarding the types or the functions or the way the system works? That would probably help you.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, So i have read that a common misconception is that MBTI(which i understand to a good extent) is related to Socionics( which i know nothing about)...which apparently they aren't the same...
    wikisocion.org is a site many people have linked. Start by looking at functions and descriptions of different functions. MBTI and socionics are similar in the sense that they use the same terminology, and are both derivitives from Jung, but that's pretty much where it stops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12