Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the chance you'll ever meet a dual who's single

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly do not flock with people from any particular quadra. My friends are overwhelmingly other NF types and SF types spread across most quadras. This is unlikely to change especially because the logical types from all quadras do not possess the qualities/tendencies I look for in close friendships and this holds even if I like them as individuals.

And most people will not meet a suitable dual but perhaps there are advantages as well as disadvantages to that.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the chance you'll ever meet a dual who's single
    in how long?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    I certainly do not flock with people from any particular quadra. My friends are overwhelmingly other NF types and SF types spread across most quadras. This is unlikely to change especially because the logical types from all quadras do not possess the qualities/tendencies I look for in close friendships and this holds even if I like them as individuals.

And most people will not meet a suitable dual but perhaps there are advantages as well as disadvantages to that.
    why do you say that most people will not meet a suitable dual?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the logical types from all quadras do not possess the qualities/tendencies I look for in close friendships and this holds even if I like them as individuals.
    This is exactly true for me and ethicals generally. They find me too blunt i don't remember celebrations birthdays etc etc

well some Fs handle it decently (enfps for example don't mind it) but most SFs find this intolerable also because i am proud of this
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    the logical types from all quadras do not possess the qualities/tendencies I look for in close friendships and this holds even if I like them as individuals.
    This is exactly true for me and ethicals generally. They find me too blunt i don't remember celebrations birthdays etc etc

well some Fs handle it decently (enfps for example don't mind it) but most SFs find this intolerable also because i am proud of this
    Somehow I think ESTps, at least ESTp females, are one of the types most concerned about people remembering their birthdays and celebrations and such.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana

You're proud that you don't remember things? How does that even make sense? Unless it's on purpose of course.
    It doesn't make any sense, really. Social niceties and convetions that I don't want and see the need to follow, basically.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's the chance you'll ever meet a dual who's single

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    You probably see or have the opportunity to talk to (if one is aggressive) like 100s of people a day if you live in a city.
    I think this is true. If you put a variable in the equation about how agressive your search strategy is, they result will be affected enormous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think it matters if they're not single. go for it anyways. unless they're married. because they'll break up with x anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    What I meant was that 1/16th of people are your dual and 50% of those i.e. 1/32th of people are duals of your opposite gender. 1/32th would be 3,125%.
    This is an old thread...but I feel like going on a mission to meet 1 new person everyday and see how this dual thing works out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somethingsomething
    What I meant was that 1/16th of people are your dual and 50% of those i.e. 1/32th of people are duals of your opposite gender. 1/32th would be 3,125%.
    This is an old thread...but I feel like going on a mission to meet 1 new person everyday and see how this dual thing works out
    You should report your findings so we get some experimental proof

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think that limiting yourself to "who's single" is pretty stupid. Maybe where you live is different, but here, at my age, no girl is basically ever "single", there are always guys hitting basically on every girl at every moment in time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think that limiting yourself to "who's single" is pretty stupid. Maybe where you live is different, but here, at my age, no girl is basically ever "single", there are always guys hitting basically on every girl at every moment in time.
    Yes. Italy is like that I've been there. Here, I think you can easily get your ass kicked if you do that too much. People are quite sensitive about someone hitting "their" girl. Even girls can be a bit sensitive about guys too openly hitting them when they are "seeing someone". Local guys seem to be naturally kinda jealous, lol. Of course it greatly varies from person to person.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Italy is like that I've been there.
    Yeah when I describe this to people from other countries they are puzzled. But here you really have to get used to it.

Here, I think you can easily get your ass kicked if you do that too much. People are quite sensitive about someone hitting "their" girl. Even girls can be a bit sensitive about guys too openly hitting them when they are "seeing someone". Local guys seem to be naturally kinda jealous, lol. Of course it greatly varies from person to person.
    We can be jealous here too but guys that hit on occupied girls generally are prepared to stand the eventual match (actually, they (I, too) welcome it, honestly )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can be jealous here too but guys that hit on occupied girls generally are prepared to stand the eventual match (actually, they (I, too) welcome it, honestly )
    I think one of the differences is that in Italy women are more willing to be objects and it drives men to compete like that. Here many women are trying hard to be subjects and thus the idea of men fighting over who "owns them" doesn't really turn them on. I think e.g Joy would be a good stereotypical Finnish woman. She has that kind of attitude I'm used to. I would think she would not like the Italian style where men practically choose who will date her or something. Now of course we have a certain subset of women here who want to be objects and you can often see these women in Italy as tourists who desperately want an Italian stud, lol. It is not such a small subset but imho a clear minority anyways.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one of the differences is that in Italy women are more willing to be objects and it drives men to compete like that. Here many women are trying hard to be subjects and thus the idea of men fighting over who "owns them" doesn't really turn them on. I think e.g Joy would be a good stereotypical Finnish woman. She has that kind of attitude I'm used to. I would think she would not like the Italian style where men practically choose who will date her or something. Now of course we have a certain subset of women here who want to be objects and you can often see these women in Italy as tourists who desperately want an Italian stud, lol. It is not such a small subset but imho a clear minority anyways.
    lol I was reading your post and I was like "WTF" and then saw my name. Yes, it irritates me greatly to be thought of as an object. I pretty much just ignore men who act like that.... unless I am bored and decide to fuck with them for my own amusement, making me their competitor in a way. And I always win. Sometimes it all gets away from me though if the guy gets all weird on me, suddenly deciding at some point that I'm no longer an object. That's when I recognize that it's a lose lose situation and feel sort of evil. Damn those Se dominants!
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    lol I was reading your post and I was like "WTF" and then saw my name. Yes, it irritates me greatly to be thought of as an object. I pretty much just ignore men who act like that.... unless I am bored and decide to fuck with them for my own amusement, making me their competitor in a way. And I always win. Sometimes it all gets away from me though if the guy gets all weird on me, suddenly deciding at some point that I'm no longer an object. That's when I recognize that it's a lose lose situation and feel sort of evil. Damn those Se dominants!
    Hitting on a girl is far away from thinking about her as an object. I don't know why XoX made of his jump through hoops. And you have done some others - we have gone from not refraining from trying to get a girl which is already in a relationship, to "fuck with guys that only want to fuck you". Doesn't seem to be the same thing to me.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone tried to hit on me at physical therapy today. I pretended not to hear him.
    SEE

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... Okay.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    ... Okay.
    The joke is that it was Peter
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol no, he doesn't go to my PT appointments with me cause the little rooms they put us in are too little
    SEE

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the dual pair you're talking about.

About ISTp and ENFp, which is the duality I know the best, I think that both are likely to remain single for a lot of reasons. ISTp women and ENFp men are likely to remain and have just a few (if at all) relationships until probably mid 20s or early 30s.

Probably the problem starts with ENFp, which are so perfectionist as young that they keep missing opportunities. Only when they mature they start to realize that love is not perfect and thus start to date without having utopic expectations.

However, ENFp are at times so dumb that they marry the wrong person and stay in bad circumstances for a long time, although this ability to put a lot of effort to maintain relationships is a virtue more than a defect.

ISTp women thus have two possibilities: either remain single for so long or marry the wrong person. In any case, this probably explain why they are so fucked up at times. So much time without the support of their dual can cause them severe psychological problems such as lack of self-esteem, mistrust and misanthropy.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    However, ENFp are at times so dumb that they marry the wrong person and stay in bad circumstances for a long time, although this ability to put a lot of effort to maintain relationships is a virtue more than a defect.
    i can see how it's a virtue if kids are involved.... but otherwise i think that ability is pretty stupid and masochistic and shouldn't be reinforced with compliments
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    i can see how it's a virtue if kids are involved.... but otherwise i think that ability is pretty stupid and masochistic and shouldn't be reinforced with compliments
    Well, most people allow others to exploit them on a daily basis and they don't complain. Sometimes they are even proud about it. It's called a "job".
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    Well, most people allow others to exploit them on a daily basis and they don't complain. Sometimes they are even proud about it. It's called a "job".
    thanks for reminding me! I'm finishing school this month and need to find one.... damn this world really needs a crisis to shake things up, how the fuck am i supposed to work a 9-5 job when i don't even wake up before work ends? *prays to the global warming gods to speed things up*
    INFp-Ni

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12