Thread: Integral Types of Countries/Nations

Threaded View

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finishing out typing the West Coast, venturing into the Southwestern portion that bears little cultural similarity to the Northwest besides sharing a sealine. I'm also less confident in these typings, since I know more about my "home turf" so to speak:

LA metro - EIE. The film industry's prominence leads to a certain emphasis on expressivity, the hustle and bustle lifestyle means probable Si devaluation. However, that description only fits the affluent white side of LA. The "other Los Angeles" suits EIE just as well, and in much more interesting ways. LA is also rife with internal conflicts; gang wars, radical politicized movements. Even in its affluent white end, it has a large and often unspoken about indie scene, significantly more creatively innovative than you'd expect for the City of Angels.

San Diego/OC - San Francisco's conflictor, ESI. Much more staid than LA, high military presence leading to a certain dudebro-ishness in the culture. Strong emphasis on traditional family life, somewhat socially conservative. Conveys a very Gamma image of opulent affluence.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-09-2017 at 07:17 PM.