Quote Originally Posted by Republicus

Who uses the word value, and in what context? How is this consist with the theory, where does it say this? Does it also go Ne values Si? If people valued an inferior function, wouldn't they be using it more and it would no longer be inferior? What do values have to do with personality? How are values directly related to cognitive functions?

Just trying to understand.
I thought this was pretty mainstream. I don't have time to cite references right now; maybe someone else can fit in. Basicaly, what we're talking about is sometimes called the suggestive function, but I don't think it's ever called the inferior function Socionics (the correspondingly-named function is in MBTI though). In theory, it's a weak function, but one values it in others; that's supposed to be the core of the "dual" concept; your "dual" is someone who values what you're strong in and is good in the areas that you're weak in (but that you value). In theory, you're also weak in the super ego functions, but you don't value them as much. This is just basic, standard Socionics.

Just because one values something doesn't mean one is strong in it. For example, maybe a person likely to be around others who take care of the practical details, but one may not like to do so oneself.

However, inherent in your question is a potential other question..."what is the nature of the valuing," which I think is a really key question here....also "how is that valuing expressed?"