Thread: Examples of SLEs/ESTps

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lawl, I mean we all gotta pay the mortgage some how. If being a dick does the trick then being a dick does the trick.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    lawl, I mean we all gotta pay the mortgage some how. If being a dick does the trick then being a dick does the trick.
    cool attitude brah
    asd

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this ESTp typing based on the fact that he's a dick?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably, but it doesn't make it any less true
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah this guy is certainly not "normal", hes a mega douche. Is this normal for this industry? Preying on the weak? Is that part of what dominant Se- does, act like a predator etc? Not predator in bad connoted sexual way, but predator as in takes from the weak. IE lions will take down the weak and the young.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    No. You need to at least do something of some remote value. Legally conning your way into money is no different than being a criminal. It's also just taking the lazy route.. I understand he is SLE, but do you really need to stand up for him for that reason alone? Would you make money by ripping off prospective 19 year old models? It's pretty pathetic. What would be your purpose in life? No purpose ...
    I don't see any difference between a gang banger and the worthless people on wallstreet who con their way into millions through technicalities. I actually see the investors as even more pathetic cuz they'll actually front as respectable.
    This guy's not quite that pathetic, though.
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-03-2010 at 09:49 AM.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

Some SLEs are awesome and some are obnoxious.
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Some SLEs are awesome and some are obnoxious.
    yep. that guy is definitely SLE. of the obnoxious variety.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    No. You need to at least do something of some remote value. Legally conning your way into money is no different than being a criminal. It's also just taking the lazy route.. I understand he is SLE, but do you really need to stand up for him for that reason alone? Would you make money by ripping off prospective 19 year old models? It's pretty pathetic. What would be your purpose in life? No purpose ...
    I don't see any difference between a gang banger and the worthless people on wallstreet who con their way into millions through technicalities. I actually see the investors as even more pathetic cuz they'll actually front as respectable.
    This guy's not quite that pathetic, though.
    You mean it's ethically no different than being a criminal? As in he's just as despicable? In any case, sure I'll concede that what he's doing is rather underhanded despite it being legal. As for it being lazy, right again I mean forwarding public information is pretty damn simple.

And no I wouldn't rip off 19 year old models. I'd prefer the challenge of legitimacy. Or at the very least a grander and more complicated scam. Like on matchstick men, that movie is cool as shit.

I'm not standing up for him because he's SLE I'm standing up for him because I want to have this conversation and it's not going to happen unless I take up devils advocate. In any case, yes he's a dick, yes he's underhanded but I hardly think this is anything to get worked up about. I mean what he's doing isn't surprising, isn't new, and isn't being done by only him. Shitty agents are all over the place, why prosecute the individual when the whole group is at fault? It just seems naive to me to think that the removal of this one person from the situation will solve a problem that's been around long before this ass-hat. This man is a symptom, not the disease. You can cure the symptoms but at the end of the day until you cure the disease anything you do isn't going to have any lasting, or worthwhile effect. The symptoms will just keep coming back until the disease is cured.

Besides, If 19 year old girls with their heads in the stars can't be bothered to take following their dreams seriously and do a little research which would quickly reveal that the two things you never do when it comes to agents are A) Pay anything up front, or before you get the job and B) Never sign any contract with compensation that exceeds 10% of the income from the job that the agent got you (Or sign anything until your agent has actually gotten you a job for that matter), then I think I'm entitled to a little chuckle.

EDIT: Also I demand proof that life actually requires a purpose cause that's a conversation I'm even more interested in.
    Easy Day

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethically no different yes. But it's also just as non-productive for society at large.

You demand proof that life requires a purpose. OK

Without purpose, life falls into stagnation, decay, and eventually death. What would happen if the cells in your body all forgot the roles they played and started acting erratically? If your immune cells forgot their purpose and just started eating on your guts..
    It's bad for both the body at large and the cells themselves.

Do you see the backlash the man in the article is suffering for his aimlessness? That's a very clear, negative repercussion. But there are also very subtle negative repercussions which he'd experience on a day to day level. The symbiotic bonds you form by living life with purpose benefit yourself and others. He isn't benefiting from bonds like that..
    You either participate in life with people or you leech them dry.. which lands you despised and rejected. At the very least ignored.
    If the man had run a legitimate modeling agency he'd of stayed in business and formed stronger bonds in the business.. with colleagues and with clients. He'd probably have models sucking him off right now. Maybe he would of met a wife and settled down with her. You really can't predict those kinds of potential payoffs.

So you live it with purpose because it benefits you. It benefits you in a way which lasts, which you can't really con your way into.

Whether this explanation is sufficient for the rare low risk, high payoff cons is sort of questionable. For that I can say three things. One, when things move to that large scale you're causing serious harm and that's more of a moral issue. Two, the disposition the person has will bleed over into their entire life, and their life will reflect it. There is no escaping who you are. Three, like I said some things are just impossible to con your way into - you may end up with a really beautiful gold digger of a wife. etc.

You talk about symptoms and diseases.
    I think the same argument I just made wins out. He hurts himself by participating. Why would you want to become part of a disease?
    Last edited by crazedrat; 07-03-2010 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem to be equating living life with purpose to being morally and ethically sound and if that's what you meant by your original statement I'm sorry for misunderstanding you. But that's not what I meant and I'm sorry but I didn't mean to pose my question in relation to this thread, so I'm getting a little off topic here. What I mean is why is it necessary that one live life with an over-arching goal or objective.

For example why is it necessary for Christians to advocate that god gives life purpose? Why do atheists dedicate themselves to proving that he doesn't exist? Why is it necessary that life have any objective or point at all? Why is it important that life, the universe, and everything have any meaning or point of any kind?

So maybe life doesn't have a point, what's the big deal? Why is that a problem? Why not just have as much fun as you can while your here?

I mean I seem to live my life without any over-riding goal/objective/meaning/point and I don't seem to be any worse off than any one else. I mean you could argue that I'm not aware of my purpose, or rather that my purpose is in some way to not have a purpose, but assuming that isn't the case I certainly don't feel like I'm any less fulfilled than anyone else.
    Easy Day

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only objective I ever alluded to was continued living & self fulfillment. I don't think those things you mentioned are necessary. Whether they're worthless or not I'm undecided.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    The only objective I ever alluded to was continued living & self fulfillment. I don't think those things you mentioned are necessary. Whether they're worthless or not I'm undecided.
    Well shit.
    Easy Day