in·ter·nal /ɪnˈtɜrnl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[in-tur-nl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
1. situated or existing in the interior of something; interior.
2. of, pertaining to, or noting the inside or inner part.
3. Pharmacology. oral (def. 4).
4. existing, occurring, or found within the limits or scope of something; intrinsic: a theory having internal logic.
5. of or pertaining to the domestic affairs of a country: the internal politics of a nation.
6. existing solely within the individual mind: internal malaise.
7. coming from, produced, or motivated by the psyche or inner recesses of the mind; subjective: an internal response.
8. Anatomy, Zoology. inner; not superficial; away from the surface or next to the axis of the body or of a part: the internal carotid artery.
9. present or occurring within an organism or one of its parts: an internal organ.
10. Usually, internals. entrails; innards.
11. an inner or intrinsic attribute.