Thread: Growing up under conflicting functions/quadras

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is kind of an extreme situation in my family. As my dad is LSI, mom EIE, sister ESE and brother LII, everyone (expect me) has a dual, a semi-dual and a kindred relation in the family. I'm EII, so my relationship types with them are superego, extinguishment, mirage and business. There is a clear confrontation between me and the rest of the family, I don't really get along in long term with any of them and they're all really close with each other.

What comes to other relationships, I won't seek for alphas or betas, but being brought up by them has probably affected my behavior and made me more tolerat to people from those quadras. I have lots of friends from alpha/beta. E.g. my best friend is an IEI, a beta and my quasi-identical, but we really get along very well despite the misunderstandings. I wish I could get to know more deltas in the future to see if this upbringing has had some sort of fatal impact on my "deltaness". The problem is that I don't really recognise deltas/don't know how to approach them, it's like I'm somewhat drawn to alphas/betas.
    Last edited by willekeurig; 08-13-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ZookeeperBoy View Post
    I like your avatar and as to being drawn to betas it is a common theme on here as well if you hadn't noticed yet, the question is what draws you to betas minus the upbringing of course ?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I grew up under Delta parents and im beta. I believe the relationships to be Quasi-identical and Conflictor.

Ultimately i think i have alot more toleration for delta than most beta's.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm not wrong in my typings of them, my parents and I form a three-person Supervision chain. Which sucks.
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I grew up with a gamma mother and gamma best friend (both SEE). My mother and I have serious issues; my childhood best friend and I care about each other deeply but have come to recognize that we're very different people.

Growing up, my mother would always point out to me that I had all the wrong goals/values and that I should be more like my best friend. Both of them would often point out that I wasn't assertive enough (Se) and that I didn't treat people in a way that showed I truly loved them (Fi). For a long time I would feel automatically inferior to people who had Se rather than Si (including my benefactee), because I had learned that that was the way one "should" be.

Also, when I finally became close friends with an SLE and friends with an ILE I sometimes made the mistake of treating them as if they were Fi valuers, because I thought that was the "right" way to treat someone you cared about. I even once made the mistake of supervising the ILE's Fi when she was dealing with the SLE.

Ultimately though I am basically SEI at the core. Although I act like an IEI sometimes.
    Last edited by lemontrees; 05-17-2011 at 05:52 AM.