2 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fever's real type!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rediculing peoples weaknesses for fun? I'd never do that shit for the most part because it is not fun ... maybe sadistic, but not in the least fun.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I think she's NeFi. I read a lot her posts out of context and she seems like a classically 'good woman.' In the sense she radiates a kindness and kinship and most of all empathy for others' situations. But she does it rather playfully and not in the more somber/humble tones you'd expect from an INFj. She's a big sweetheart.
    http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...er=asc&start=0

I have a hard time imagining NeFi or FiNe joking at the expense of other people like fever does here. It seems "non-deltaish" in that it's, may I say, somewhat hostile (ridiculing people's weaknesses for fun). This sort of humor seems beta to me.
    Delta NFs are NOT saints

While I found the joke in that link distasteful, I can't see how it is necessarily non-deltaish. Especially if she's a young highschool/college age girl, and depending upon the types of people she hangs out with, her joke may have been minor compared to theirs. Also, many estjs, istps, and male enfps make worse jokes than that.
    They might not be saints, but it's not typical humor for delta and it does not really matter how it compares to other forms of humor. I think we can attribute certain kinds of humor to quadras and I don't know a single INFj or ENFp who jokes like that. I am not even bitching about the joke per se right now, but it really goes against what I perceive NeFi and FiNe to stand for. And sure, environment shapes us, but if we want to bring this up every time we type, we might as well abandon Socionics altogether.

What do you mean by worse jokes?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh please! you call that insulting! to whom exactly? now i'm really wondering if i've stepped into an Amish forum! pansies!
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Rediculing peoples weaknesses for fun? I'd never do that shit for the most part because it is not fun ... maybe sadistic, but not in the least fun.
    are you honestly going to sit there and tell me you have NEVER made fun of ANY person at all??? not even in your own head??

also that you have NEVER told your friends a joke about someone else?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone does it... they just go about it in different ways.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

long live beta... where people aren't stuck up!
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fingercuffs
    oh please! you call that insulting! to whom exactly? now i'm really wondering if i've stepped into an Amish forum! pansies!

YOU GOT IT!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you honestly going to sit there and tell me you have NEVER made fun of ANY person at all??? not even in your own head??

I never said that I have not ever done this ... I probably have. Only that I really do not find it very fun and therefore do not do it alot for that reason. I usually end up feeling sorry that I have done so and recant.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

YOU ARE BETA!

I was making an argument, calm down.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta STs (males) are pretty bad when it comes to toilet humor. Almost as nasty as the toilet humor from Beta STs.
    Delta NFs hanging out with either of them can be just as bad (will probably beat themselves up about it afterwards, though).
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I felt like it wouldn't hurt the feelings of the person whom I was teasing, I wouldn't have any problem telling a joke like that. And I think it was obvious that fingercuffs wouldn't be hurt by that joke.

Anyway, that's one Delta NF's take on that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you guys are missing alot of info and shouldn't judge her so. if it were about me, i'd prolly be laughing my ass off right now. but it isn't. and i seriously doubt she enjoys your higher-than-thou assumptions concerning the purity of her deltaness. don't worry. i'm sure she is way more saintly than you guys could ever expect to be.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you guys are missing alot of info and shouldn't judge her so. if it were about me, i'd prolly be laughing my ass off right now. but it isn't. and i seriously doubt she enjoys your higher-than-thou assumptions concerning the purity of her deltaness. don't worry. i'm sure she is way more saintly than you guys could ever expect to be.
    hmmm, don't saints become saints by being martyrs???

how could you wish such a thing on fever!!!!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is that so unusual? Sad.

I, personally, have never ridiculed a person's weakness in front of an audience for the sake of making them laugh or appearing cool ( ). And that is what I am talking about when I say it's beta style. They will also be the ones who think you are pathetic when you say it's hurtful.

And this is not about whether or not the joke is bad, blablabla. I just cannot relate to it at all. Call me a saint.
    :wink:
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is about HUMOR as it relates to QUADRAS! There is no judgment or "bad bad fever" involved here. At least not on my part. Ok?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    If I felt like it wouldn't hurt the feelings of the person whom I was teasing, I wouldn't have any problem telling a joke like that. And I think it was obvious that fingercuffs wouldn't be hurt by that joke.

Anyway, that's one Delta NF's take on that.
    I actually meant that she is making fun of the guy in the picture. But please let's not get into that whole spiel now...I was merely trying to say that that sort of humor strikes me as beta>delta. And I have no problem with fever being delta, a saint, or a sweetheart.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can't pretend you didn't find that fat guy disgustingly funny for at least half a second? i did and i'm potentially ENFp.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd personally only worry about the guy in the picture if a) it didn't look like he had posed for the photo and b) there was a realistic chance of him coming across it here.

I think that joke wasn't any particular quadra's style of humor. Maybe more a teenage-ish joke than a joke for people our age, but not really type related. IMO.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    i'm an ESTp and my azz is always on the toilet!

i had intially read it as
    "I'm an ESTp and my jazz (thinking jizz) is always on the toilet!"
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn...

maybe it's time for a real type poll... one that lists all of the ethical types, perhaps...
    SEE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hahaha, Fever and Fingercuffs are entertaining and hilarious to the point of complete awesomeness!!!!
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by little red riding hood
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze8
    uh, fever is female.
    really? you think?
    uh yeah, i think, dipshit.
    god, sorry for asking. i just wasn't sure how dumb you actually are. again, my apologies retard.
    sit and spin lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I think she's NeFi. I read a lot her posts out of context and she seems like a classically 'good woman.' In the sense she radiates a kindness and kinship and most of all empathy for others' situations. But she does it rather playfully and not in the more somber/humble tones you'd expect from an INFj. She's a big sweetheart.
    http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...er=asc&start=0

I have a hard time imagining NeFi or FiNe joking at the expense of other people like fever does here. It seems "non-deltaish" in that it's, may I say, somewhat hostile (ridiculing people's weaknesses for fun). This sort of humor seems beta to me.
    Delta NFs are NOT saints

While I found the joke in that link distasteful, I can't see how it is necessarily non-deltaish. Especially if she's a young highschool/college age girl, and depending upon the types of people she hangs out with, her joke may have been minor compared to theirs. Also, many estjs, istps, and male enfps make worse jokes than that.
    I actually find it funny and don't think it's distasteful. Delta NFs do joke at the expense of other people, but they don't let it get out of hand to the extent that the person ends up humiliated. Anyway, people seem to have a stereotypical image of INFjs been nice and boring people.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I actually find it funny and don't think it's distasteful. Delta NFs do joke at the expense of other people, but they don't let it get out of hand to the extent that the person ends up humiliated. Anyway, people seem to have a stereotypical image of INFjs been nice and boring people.

slightly off topic, but about infj jokes
    my mother was a nurse, and some of the things she'd tell us kids were hilarious...and disgusting....and yes, were designed around someone else's "weaknesses" (medical related, panic related, mental health related, etc.) this woman finds humor in all sorts of things

but i swear, i'm always surprised when she tosses a humorous story or joke out....cuz i can't believe this normally quiet and compassionate woman can even have such thoughts.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gosh, I don't mean to sound like a horrible prude or nothing but I have NEVER made fun of any person at all. I find it an absolutely objectionable action for me personally to engage in. It is like laughing at another person's weakness and that has never been cool with me, even as a child I thought it was very wrong.

Some ESTjs have a horrible (IMO)habit of making fun of others from what I have seen ...and they are delta.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fever is actually a very cool and funny girl though and people have different ideas of what is funny/acceptable humour.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan

Gosh, I don't mean to sound like a horrible prude or nothing but I have NEVER made fun of any person at all. I find it an absolutely objectionable action for me personally to engage in. It is like laughing at another person's weakness and that has never been cool with me, even as a child I thought it was very wrong.

Some ESTjs have a horrible (IMO)habit of making fun of others from what I have seen ...and they are delta.
    obviously a lie.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cannot for the life of me conceive a life in which more than 75% of the humour of life is null and void

to not giggle when watching a love-struck teen bonk his head cuz he was too busy looking at the girl of his dreams instead of watching where he was going

to not joke with my friend about the time when she walked into a busy intersection while her nose was within the pages of an interesting book (it's a horrid fascination to watch.....but the relief of her not being hurt brings on the giggles)

speaking of relief.....
    what would it be like to not use humour to relieve stressful situations in which one's weaknesses have placed one's self????

i guess i just value humour too much
    nah.....
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cannot for the life of me conceive a life in which more than 75% of the humour of life is null and void

to not giggle when watching a love-struck teen bonk his head cuz he was too busy looking at the girl of his dreams instead of watching where he was going

to not joke with my friend about the time when she walked into a busy intersection while her nose was within the pages of an interesting book (it's a horrid fascination to watch.....but the relief of her not being hurt brings on the giggles)

speaking of relief.....
    what would it be like to not use humour to relieve stressful situations in which one's weaknesses have placed one's self????

i guess i just value humour too much
    nah.....
    I think the above examples of humour you gave are a bit different from the sort of "making fun of others" thing I was thinking of.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Delta STs (males) are pretty bad when it comes to toilet humor. Almost as nasty as the toilet humor from Beta STs.
    Delta NFs hanging out with either of them can be just as bad (will probably beat themselves up about it afterwards, though).
    Toilet humor is a different category of humor than this:

ridicule a person's weakness in front of an audience for the sake of making them laugh or appearing cool ( Extraverted Feeling ).
    But anyway, perhaps it's not type-related and my post was worthless, which is entirely possible.

What I find amusing is the "no way that you don't do as I do" attitude in this thread.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy sarcasm is a negativist trait, IME.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    Guilty.
    But I have something to add about that.
    I don't know if it's as much making fun of someone or their weaknesses, more like, just pointing things out that are "different." I can make fun of myself just as well as I can other people, luckily people that I joke with know how to take things with humor and I rarely upset anyone. The few times I have upset people it made me feel really bad and I apologized for days, at the time it didn't seem like it was as bad as it was.
    Although, I've learned to make sure that anything that I'd ever say behind someone's back is something I wouldn't be afraid to tell them to their face. This keeps me from saying reeeeeally stupid things that I may be thinking in my head that actually would upset someone.
    Does it make me a bad person to have this type of humor in my arsenal of what makes people laugh? sometimes. Will people always laugh at it, whether it's against me, them, or others... of course. Am I a mean person? Only if you don't know me, then yes you could say that.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    ESFP OR ESTP?????? WHAT?????

NO!! I REPEAT NO!!!! THERE IS NO WAY I'M THE SAME TYPE AS U!!!

i believe i resent that!

In your opinion (if you have one), is Beta or Alpha more likely?

I guess ESFp could work.

You know, you remind me of Herzy.

edit: dammit, now there's two threads. Oh well.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I find amusing is the "no way that you don't do as I do" attitude in this thread.
    That's the most interesting thing -- no matter how people discuss Socionics, they still tend to assume that, at the end of the day, other people's motivations and behavior are the same as theirs.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    That's the most interesting thing -- no matter how people discuss Socionics, they still tend to assume that, at the end of the day, other people's motivations and behavior are the same as theirs.
    I like to think that I don't. But of course that doesn't stop me from trying to force it on them!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently I think ENFp or ISFp with a small chance of ISTp.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp > ISFp > your mom > INFj > anything else

Creepy-bg

OMG u like Mustachio... U r so INFp!!

(written in Fever-speak )

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not totally convinced that he's ESTp in the first place, so no... the reason is because she seems to be IxFp, but also seems to be a positivist (and a victim type most likely).
    SEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12