Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type correlations and equivalences between MBTI and Socionics

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    the myersian functions and the socionic functions are not the same. I have done research and I have found these correlations :

(socionic = myersian)

= Se and Si
    = Ne and Ni
    = Te and Ti
    = Fe and Fi
    = no myersian equivalent

this is because :
    - myersian functions are functions-attitudes, functions are really 4, not 8 and attitudes are 2 ; 4 * 2 = 8
    for example, Se and Si are THE SAME function, but with a different attitude.
    - socionic "functions" are information elements, which there are really 8

remember : these are only correlations...
    Interesting claim.
    I think there's something to this, but I wouldn't put it that way. Basically, I see no reason to think that the MBTI functions correlate to the extraverted functions; rather, MBTI tends not to distinguish between introverted and extraverted functions (in terms of the actual content of the function itself); so, for example, descriptions of "T" in MBTI are somewhat similar to Socionics descriptions of both Ti and Te. But what is clearly different is that MBTI views the function by which one tends to deal with handling important life situations in general as being one's extraverted function (that is, one's function that's in an extraverted orientation). And that is a different way of seeing things.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Expat"]
    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger

It doesn't make sense, it was just a guess I supppose, maybe based on a couple of observations.
    true, i once contacted the site, telling them how wrong they were, trying to reinvent something that already has been done by socionics.

I got some kind of mail back where they said that there idea was there own interpretation and a bit of logical thinking. And socionics had been invented in the same way. Just by common sense.

Well i've never mailed them back. I don't start discussions with ''i don't need experiments"-morons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12