View Poll Results: type of Michel Foucault?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 25.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

1 25.00%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 25.00%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 25.00%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Michel Foucault, French philosopher

Threaded View

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From briefly reading wikipedia, he seems ENFj (or maybe INFp).

quotes:

People know what they do; frequently they know why they do what they do; but what they don't know is what what they do does.

I'm no prophet. My job is making windows where there were once walls.

Justice must always question itself, just as society can exist only by means of the work it does on itself and on its institutions.

I'm not making a problem out of a personal question; I make of a personal question an absence of a problem.

There is no glory in punishing.

We have to be there at the birth of ideas, the bursting outward of their force: not in books expressing them, but in events manifesting this force, in struggles carried on around ideas, for or against them.

There is not one but many silences, and they are an integral part of the strategies that underlie and permeate discourses.

I don't write a book so that it will be the final word; I write a book so that other books are possible, not necessarily written by me.

Knowledge is not for knowing: knowledge is for cutting.

You may have killed God beneath the weight of all that you have said; but don't imagine that, with all that you are saying, you will make a man that will live longer than he.

The real political task in a society such as ours is to criticize the workings of institutions that appear to be both neutral and independent, to criticize and attack them in such a manner that the political violence that has always exercised itself obscurely through them will be unmasked, so that one can fight against them.

The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, to desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us.

The work of an intellectual is not to mould the political will of others; it is, through the analyses that he does in his own field, to re-examine evidence and assumptions, to shake up habitual ways of working and thinking, to dissipate conventional familiarities, to re-evaluate rules and institutions and to participate in the formation of a political will (where he has his role as citizen to play).

I don't feel that it is necessary to know exactly what I am. The main interest in life and work is to become someone else that you were not in the beginning.

...if you are not like everybody else, then you are abnormal, if you are abnormal , then you are sick. These three categories, not being like everybody else, not being normal and being sick are in fact very different but have been reduced to the same thing

What strikes me is the fact that in our society, art has become something which is related only to objects and not to individuals, or to life. That art is something which is specialized or which is done by experts who are artists. But couldn't everyone's life become a work of art? Why should the lamp or the house be an art object, but not our life?

Last edited by silke; 08-08-2018 at 11:08 PM. Reason: updated links