View Poll Results: what type is Matt Damon?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 5.56%
  • LSI (ISTj)

5 27.78%
  • SEE (ESFp)

2 11.11%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

10 55.56%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Damon

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    I don't know his type, but I think he's a horrible actor. I enjoyed the Bourne movies OK but only because his character wasn't supposed to emote much. He's like a block of fuckin' wood.

Good Will Hunting was the peak of his career, and his acting was adequate in it. Dogma was never meant to be serious, so he skated by. The Talented Mr. Ripley pissed me off and made me want 2 hours of my life back - almost as bad as Keanu Reeves in Dracula. The scene of GWH:2 in Jay & Silent Bob strike back didn't even have acting in it, and it was only tolerable because it was supposed to be satire in the first place.

The movie where he was the director of the CIA was another typecast because once again he was playing a person who was a block of wood.

Not cute, not funny, not talented. I find Ben Affleck to be almost as bad an actor, and even less appealing physically, but at least he's got an emotional repertoire.
    lol, i feel the same way about him. Watching him act is about as enjoyable as watching paint dry. Affleck is a million times worse, if that's even possible.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    lol, i feel the same way about him. Watching him act is about as enjoyable as watching paint dry. Affleck is a million times worse, if that's even possible.
    I've got one piece of evidence to support this claim of Affleck

That is all.
    Last edited by tereg; 12-03-2008 at 10:02 PM.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ew..every movie with Jennifer Lopez is a complete disaster aside from Selena.

Jennifer Lopez < Ben Affleck < Matt Damon

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ew..every movie with Jennifer Lopez is a complete disaster aside from Selena.
    Angel Eyes was better, if not the best one she's been in.

Jennifer Lopez < Ben Affleck < Matt Damon
    Oh, screw you! Those are some of my favorite showbiz peeps right there.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post

That is all.
    eeewww it's Bennifer! I am so glad they are not together anymore .. gross.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LSE sp/so 7w6. He comes off as being very set and sort of heavy in his thinking in the interviews. ST all the way and likely rational. I could see how this "demonstrative-fixated" excerpt could apply to him.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post

That is all.
    Probably my favorite SNL skit:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...o/gigli/n36898
    Last edited by Contra; 04-09-2016 at 07:04 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Damon is 6w7.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Damon is 6w7.
    Seems like the best fit to me too.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Seems like the best fit to me too.
    Yes, an ideal example of 6w7, actually.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    LSE sp/so 7w6. He comes off as being very set and sort of heavy in his thinking in the interviews. ST all the way and likely rational. I could see how this "demonstrative-fixated" excerpt could apply to him.
    no
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    no
    What do you type him, Mari?

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE, I think.
    I have met few lookalikes. Somewhat similar to me but crucially they are much better equipped in physical realm and they tend to show it as well and do not react so well with intangible.
    Like this

Certainly not introverted.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you type him, Mari?
    SEE
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te-LSE... one of the less annoying ones. and probably 6w7 with a 3w2 heart fix, and so/sp. the video of him flipping out on adrian grenier (SEI) for perceived incompetence/inefficiency/laziness is a pretty good example of supervision imo.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let's say Damon is in fact LSE, but Se doms (and Se egos) bitch at people for incompetence/inefficiency/laziness as well. It's not Te exclusive. SLE boss would bitch the fuck out at a lazy, incompetent xEI (well, not in socionics fairyland, ofc)..

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I agree with Damon being LSE, although a "softer" kind of LSE. DiCaprio is SEE imo.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

He's not LSE. He's SEE
    -

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    SEE
    You don't like his films?
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bled View Post
    You don't like his films?
    I like them find but he's not LSE. I'll post an interview with him and Leonardo DiCaprio where Leo keeps observing his actions
    -

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol, we're not going to come to the end of this. None of us can prove our typings besides some unprovable bullshitting. If Damon would be SEE and DiCaprio SLE i wouldn't be too surprised either.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol, we're not going to come to the end of this. None of us can prove our typings besides some unprovable bullshitting. If Damon would be SEE and DiCaprio SLE i wouldn't be too surprised either.
    I'll post an interview where Leonardo DiCaprio logic of action is extremely apparent
    -

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damon is LSE and Dicaprio is Se type.

I've seen the same open receptiveness in Dicaprio in Se types.

In fact I agree with everything you say about these two and recognize the "tough guy exterior, inner vulnerabilty" vs. "Open receptive, volition emotional immediacy".

Also, with Damon you get a clear caretaker under current in his approuch to the interlocator with a certain Fi vulnerabilty. It looks like an unspoken desire for personal connection... "Here I am am I here for you. That sort of thing. Although thats just my subjective thoughts Im sure others would disagree.

Nice job with the analysis. Clap clap clap.
    Last edited by wacey; 05-20-2016 at 03:48 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEE-Fi

I put a lengthy list of them here:

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/iee-fi/

NeFi (plus Fi subtype) does a good job mirroring others….they do it reflexively. They have a cognition for adapting themselves to different roles, and how to change masks in order to suit the occasion. They also like to engage in fluffy, pop pseudo-psycho analysis of people, usually with an aim towards developing a connection between themselves and whomever they are giving the analysis too.

IEE-Fi is one of the more popular types found in the 3-6-9 humanity triad. Damon himself is 9w8.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently saw this movie. I see Damon as an LSE character and DiCaprio as an SLE character. It looked like a quasi-identical intertype between the two with Leo symmetrically matched against Damon. The girlfriend by happen stance struck me as an IEI, with an initial attraction for Damon.

Attachment 7592

Things start to unravel here as her character begins to question this guy, the communication breaks down--->

Attachment 7593

The interplay between these two strikes me as the dynamic in beta dyads. Lots of intensity moving towards unspoken mutual trust as she recognizes he, although seemingly at first, is not the bad guy.

Attachment 7594
    Last edited by wacey; 05-20-2016 at 04:07 PM.

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good comparative analysis, Person. I like your description of Fi vs Fe.

I personally think I'm closer to the Fi-side, as in simple words, everything has at least a small emotional impact in my inner self, even if emotions themselves cannot alter my perception of (what I understand as) objective reality (facts).

Another aspect which is could be deduced from such descripcions is that Fi-valuers would be, on average, less susceptible to the phenomenon of emotion infection (and mass hysteria as the extreme case) that is more common in Fe-valuers (particularly in betas). The former perceive their emotions as an "unique" (individualized) experience, not directly comparable to the emotions of others, which are different. There are your feelings and my feelings. They're not the same thing. Therefore they do not feel the compulsion of resonating with the external emotional atmosphere and "merge with the group" (if forced, they could become resistant). The most extreme case of this would be ILIs (Fe PoLR + democratic).
    Last edited by MensSuperMateriam; 05-20-2016 at 08:05 PM.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Honestly, Damon is probably LSE and if DiCaprio is SLE that's ok as well, BUT this blind religion into "quadra values" and people supposedly being attracted to their "own" people first (as friends and lovers) is frankly absurd. That's not how real world interactions work. Maybe for people whose brains have been brainwashed by too much socionics. Also typing by people's friends - his best friend is ILI so he must be SEE over ESE This might be true for those though, whose friends come mainly from socionics forum.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Person View Post
    Attraction is definitely an observed effect of Socionics from all the individuals I've studied in my experience, though you're right that attraction is not at all principle. (I appealed to Wacey a couple months ago about Socionics ime being in no way proven to be a personality attraction theory.) Instead, we have much stronger chemistry and familiar cognition with our quadras, and with the surrounding types where equal functions are concerned, ie. supervisees, comparitives and business. Socionics does not describe a lot and holds a lot of exceptions, but to say it doesn't work the way it does, simply appears like one mistyping people irl and not fully understanding it. We usually have pretty poor chemistry with the opposite quadra. My best friend since second grade is LSI and I have great chemistry with him. However, all too often, individuals are also more richly drawn for some reason or other to their own quadra than they are their opposite. Socionics stand-alone doesn't have all the tools to depict relational transmissions, it isn't an end-all be-all.
    I didn't say there's no truth to it, just that it's delusional when one takes it too far. I more often have better chemistry with delta NF's than LSI's. People often hang out together as friends by clubs -NF's together for example.

Socionics does not describe a lot and holds a lot of exceptions, but to say it doesn't work the way it does, simply appears like one mistyping people irl and not fully understanding it.
    Ok then. You are too smug to have constructive conversation with.

Edit: And as boring Damon is, DiCaprio is far worse. So much for "quadra values".

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well apparently you would know.
    Why do you think you're a single person who "breaked" socionics and you can tell all others that disagree with you that they can't type and don't understand it? Cause you do this a lot, compared to other people here. Socionics isn't science, and there's a reason for it.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Those who haven't found a good use for their version of "Socionics" have no use themselves talking about it, especially when they give off questionable typings. I can't speak for you, however, so there's no need to take it personally.

I know of several others here in my experience who know what they're talking about, and I don't claim to know so much. I just know the typings and correlative chemistry I clearly observe between people irl.

Duals are the prime relationships, ime, second to activators and identicals.
    Who are you to tell others when should they use socionics? Maybe they just have a different use for it? Or it doesn't have to be useful either. We're not going to come together, cause you sound like a religious fanatic. And we clearly have very very bad chemistry, so let's not talk any longer.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I understand what you're saying, but there's nothing to fight about, since you think your version of socionics, observations and typings are always the correct ones. What's there to discuss? So you're saying all or most of my delta very close friends (4) must be mistyped? Or am I delta? I' m confused.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No I wouldn't say that. But rather, like you're skeptical of Socionics actually working, I am skeptical that those claiming it doesn't work, actually know this theory and how to type people correctly. My extended portfolio of experiences simply doesn't match to any degree with "EIEs have great chemistry with Delta NFs, but not LSIs." That is perhaps the exact opposite of the majority of my observations with these types. But I did already agree with you that Socionics doesn't always work--it just works most of the time. Its parameters are not all-inclusive.
    Ok, just ftr I don't have special chemistry with delta NF's. When I look at the whole picture it's life circumstances that direct who I'm friends with -it's a very mixed group. Maybe people who are very specific and into certain life styles /subcultures ( straight edge for example) are more likely to hang out with only similar people. I prefer different people as its less boring that way and I have them in my life for different porpuses (some for their sense of humour,some for deep talks, some for gossip, etc.) But yes, in general, i am definitely drawn to other groups of people before beta ST's (or any ST) .

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maybe try on the possibility that some of these people you find out in the world you have a deeper chemistry with, aren't the types you assume by the poor standard Socionics stereotypes they are, but that some of them might actually be your duals or other quadra members. This breaking of poor stereotypes and onto the proper relational psychology has been my experience unlocking the truth of Socionics classifiying. You have typed a few people according me wrong already. I don't think we tend to be attracted to a number of our quadra members, but rather, the individuals we are best with, end up usually being our own quadra members, for more intricate reasons.
    Its not the same typing celebrities or people on the forum and typing people you know for years -thats why I almost always allow for a different typing with people I dont know personally, unless its a very bizzare typing. I type with 'possibly", "maybe, Ni-dom? And such. I'm less smug then you think. When i gave out my typings of forum members, it was only my impression - only a few i am positive of -because I never met those people. But I'm damn sure I can type my friends and family (with a weird exception here and there), so we'll have to disagree. ; )

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why is it a weird concept to love a EII friend for the deep conversations you can have with them (and them being your psychologist lol) and a SLE friend to get wasted with ?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's one link of a few to reference if you ever want to open your mind to typing with the intent of intertype relations instead, something that is demonstrable among people irl: http://www.socionics.com/rel/dlt.htm It is not my website, but rather, one of a few a starter descriptions you can study.
    Wow, is that place still up and running as a dating service? I wonder if it even works....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj? You guys are so bad at typing... It's ridiculous.

Clear ISTj. Similar to Leonardo DiCaprio who is also ISTj.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt is LSI

Leo is SEE

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He actually kind of reminds me of Elon Musk, except more socially skilled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast