View Poll Results: Aw what the hell... polls are fun. How confident are you in the validity and accuracy of Socionics?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's all bullshit.

1 1.00%
  • It's a fun theory and all... but I don't know, but I'm sorta leaning towards "it's all bullshit".

5 5.00%
  • While there's no way of KNOWING that Socionics is valid, I tend to think that it probably is.

6 6.00%
  • I believe that Socionics is accurate and a valid means of categorizing people into one of sixteen types.

3 3.00%
  • 85 85.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the existence of types

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    "Benjamins" and "axes" are synonyms.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This isn't really true, or it is less and less true in Russia and Ukraine. Now it is to the point that most psychology professors know something about it, and many larger universities at least cover it briefly in their course material at some point. I think socionics is close to achieving wide recognition within psychology over here as a [potentially] legitimate approach to personality and relationships. It's really no less legitimate than, say, Maslow's hierarchy of needs or any other theoretical model that attempts to explain complex aspects of human behavior.
    I didn't mean it literally. That post doesn't make sense when not taken in context of other topics that were being posted at the time. (I don't actually know what psychologists think of it, and never did.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123