TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwsparklingdazzy View Post
    Touche
    Completely understand. You didn't really suggest her moblizing function was Fi literally. That why I asked if you thought she was SLI in which case it would be significant.
    I know I don't have the lingo down quite well but I do think I'm right in regards to what I feel the functions mean. I just not quite sure how to express that in the terminology. Lol, "her stillness gives a quality of antenna." I can see why that is confusing or doesn't make sense. But it perfectly sound to me. However, I want to learn how to express the correct term. So tell me how you qualify her "stillness." ;]
    That's what I mean. It's entirely possible to think you know what the functions mean, but be totally off the mark as far as what the definitions are meant to embody. I could have sworn I had the theory down a couple months ago, after six months of reading, reading, reading, and forum discussion, but the puzzle pieces just weren't fitting together. And turned out what I thought were Ni and Fi were actually Ne and Fe, what I thought were Se and Ti was actually Te, etc. So I went from swearing up and down that I was INFp (Ni Fe ego) to ENFp (Ne Fi ego). And my dual went from being SLE (Se Ti ego) to being SLI (Si Te). Since I arrived at these realizations, socionics has made a LOT more sense, as has our behavior.

So be careful about being too sure of your concept of the functions, when you're just starting out.

p.s. sorry i forgot to comment on the antenna/Ne business. again huh??? Firstly you are saying that her antenna-like stillness (whatever that is. . .) may embody Ne. . .which I could potentially make myself see though it doesn't say anything about Ne really. Then you go on to say that must make her SLI. . . But SLI's weakest function is Ne!! SLI's barely use Ne or not at all. They subconsiously look for Ne in their soulmates and admire it in people. That's what the dual-seeking (5th) function means. Hence the utter nonsense of that part of your post.

As for how I qualify her stillness?? First of all, I dont think she's very still to begin with. If you're trying to derive VI techniques let me just say that in most socionic experts' opinions and in my (albeit limited) experience, VI should only be used in context with the person's behavior to determine type. So in trying to type her, I am not relying solely on that photo. Sure, that photo is posed and cued, so you cant really use that photo much for typing anyway, other than saying she's an extravert and has at least a moderate ability to use Fe. On her shows, she's anything but still!! She's more hyper than a kindergartener on a sugar high!
    Last edited by Suz; 03-29-2010 at 09:56 PM.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx